Name your top 5 players right now

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What makes that list even funnier is that you're probably one of those people that complains when Leaf players get brought up in every thread.

McDavid
Malkin
Kopitar
Hedman
Karlsson

You didn’t name any leaf players though?

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
McDavid
Malkin
Karlsson
Kucherov
MacKinnon

HM: Crosby, Hedman, Ovechkin

Arguable HM: Kopitar, Giroux

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
As a Pens fan I cannot place Crosby as the top player anymore. He doesn't have the consistency, explosiveness, or speed anymore. At this point he's "merely" an 80 point guy. Malkin still has it tho.

McDavid
Malkin, MacKinnon, Karlsson, Crosby

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Mcdavid
Doughty
Hedman
Malkin
Eichel (Getting slept on so much these days, he is on par with Mcdavid while having no one to finish his passes last year)

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Malkin is on way too many lists, dude is 32 now so he's not going to be as good as last year, and he has one of the worst penalty differentials in the league which really hurts his value. He's top 15, but not top 5, maybe not even top 10.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Malkin is on way too many lists, dude is 32 now so he's not going to be as good as last year, and he has one of the worst penalty differentials in the league which really hurts his value. He's top 15, but not top 5, maybe not even top 10.

Lol yeah you're right, I'm surprised he can still skate at his brittle old age.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
McDavid
Crosby
Karlsson
Malkin
Matthews/MacKinnon

HM: Kucherov, Giroux, Tavares, Kane, Kopitar, Hedman and Bergeron

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
He definitely is top5. Also angry Geno is score.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
He's declined less than Crosby and just had 98 points. They may be 31 and 32 now but they're both still top 5 players (top 3 imo).

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The bolded has to be one of the worst arguments I've ever seen used against a player.

What next? His English is poor, which hurts him when talking to the refs, therefore he's not very valuable to have on the ice to argue calls?

Reactions: varank

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Giroux, for whatever reason, just does not get a lot of love from neutral fans or national media. I mean, the guy has more points than anyone not named Sidney Crosby the last 6 years. I think part of it is lack of playoff success. The Flyers haven't won a playoff series in 6 years. I think a deep run or two will get Giroux the respect he deserves.

That is a false statement Last 6 years in points:

NHL Player Stats in Last 6 Seasons

Crosby - 507 pts
Kane 459 pts
Ovie - 443
Benn - 436
Giroux - 434

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Mcdavid
Doughty
Hedman
Malkin
Eichel (Getting slept on so much these days, he is on par with Mcdavid while having no one to finish his passes last year)

You obviously don't watch a lot of Oilers games. The amount of open net passes that McDavids wingers (Caggs and Lucic in particular) whiffed on last year was nuts. There's a reason why he started scoring a ton of goals in the 2nd half - he honestly couldn't trust his wingers outside of Drai to put the biscuit in the basket at that point so he started doing it himself.

Not to discredit Eichel, but he has a ways to go to catch up. He is a different kind of player too, and I think he will be top 3 in the league eventually.

My list:
McDavid
Crosby
Ovie
Malkin
Karlsson

Honorable mentions: Kucherov, Kane, Doughty, Hall, Girroux, Benn, Holtby, Hedman, Gaudreau, Eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad