Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
1. Crosby
2. McDavid
3. Kucherov
4. Ovechkin
5. Malkin

*edit - I decided to change my order and put Connor ahead of Kuch. That's fair.

Last edited:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Giroux
4. Kucherov
5. MacKinnon/Malkin (interchangeable)

We're speaking of "right now" it surprises me how nobody has mentioned Claude Giroux, he finished just second to McDavid with 102 points this past season.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
  1. Connor McDavid
  2. Evgeni Malkin
  3. Nikita Kucherov
  4. Nathan MacKinnon
  5. Alex Ovechkin

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
McDavid is the fastest in the league. He's the best at speed. IMO he's not the best at anything else. IMO it's still Sid the Kid. And then Kucherov.

Obviously you've never seen McDavid's vision or playmaking ability. Just to name a couple of things there where he excels at more than his peers.

Your critical analysis of this player lacks good faith, so think what you want.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Giroux
4. Kucherov
5. MacKinnon/Malkin (interchangeable)

We're speaking of "right now" it surprises me how nobody has mentioned Claude Giroux, he finished just second to McDavid with 102 points this past season.

Proud of you for not putting Matthews as a homer pick lol. My list would look like this as well.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He’s the best at scoring points, as evidence by his back to back art Ross trophies

I can't argue against that. You are right.

But I still think Sid is more dominant all-round, as is Kucherov, when they're fully engaged. Sid had an off year IMO to an extent because of the long year prior (including playoffs).

I don't know, I still don't get McDavid. I just don't. I can go to youtube and watch endless videos of Sid being exceptionally dominant in every respect, but then when it comes to McDavid it's mostly about his blinding speed.

Heck, I'm going to go back and rank him ahead of Kucherov. I'll give him that. Kuch had an average 2nd half of season.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
McDavid is the fastest in the league. He's the best at speed. IMO he's not the best at anything else. IMO it's still Sid the Kid. And then Kucherov.
I can see the argument for Sid, based on complete game and playoffs.

But McDavid is just flat out better than Kucherov.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp

But I still think Sid is more dominant all-round, as is Kucherov, when they're fully engaged. Sid had an off year IMO to an extent because of the long year prior (including playoffs).

I don't know, I still don't get McDavid. I just don't. I can go to youtube and watch endless videos of Sid being exceptionally dominant in every respect, but then when it comes to McDavid it's mostly about his blinding speed.

Heck, I'm going to go back and rank him ahead of Kucherov. I'll give him that. Kuch had an average 2nd half of season.
Because McDavid doesn't need to dangle and skate around in the corners. He takes the short cut and just blows past everybody making it look easy.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Obviously you've never seen McDavid's vision or playmaking ability. Just to name a couple of things there where he excels at more than his peers.

Your critical analysis of this player lacks good faith, so think what you want.

Oh no, this "good faith" phrase is scaring me. I'm seeing it more and more in here.

But I did decide to go back and bump Mr. McDavid ahead of Kucherov. I think it's a 1-2 scenario between Sid and Connor.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

guys like Kapanen and Grabner are fast too but they almost like can't keep up with themselves

McDavid is the fastest in the league and can handle the puck better than anyone even at top speed

Reactions: Sk8M8

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2