My Top 10 2015 NHL Redraft

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Even though the Flames didn’t have a pick, in exctatic with Andersson. I figure he would go in the first round rather easily in a re draft. Maybe in a couple of years he could challenge for a top 10 spot in a redraft.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Provorov is #2 for me. People love the points now, but I want the stud defenseman. I'll take the Hedman of this draft.

Aho could be a ppg 2way C.

I think lot of posters are still sleeping on Rants turning into a powerforward that can go +ppg in a season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Provorov
6. Barzal
7. Werenski
8. Aho
9. Boesner
10. Meier

What do you guys think?

I’m not gonna nickpick one or two spots but I’d be shocked Meier goes top 10.

I wouldn’t trade Dunn for Meier and I’d bet if I made a list Dunn would be around 15-20

Great draft.

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
Rantanen made the largest jump from a prospect to a star. I remember watching him in Liiga, wjc and such. Never thought much about him. I felt like he is probably going to be a pretty good middle 6 player.
This is why teams don't pay me to scout.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Carries them where exactly? To the bottom of the Atlantic? Anyone who watches the Avs know that they feed off each other more than anything. Eichel doesn't play with garbage. He's had Kane, Reinhart, Okposo, Skinner over the past couple years. If he was as great as everyone claimed he is he would do just fine with them. Ive said this already and ill say it again. Yes Matthews spent a lot of time with Nylander but he's produced just as well when he played with Connor Brown because thats what great players do. Rantanen would do just fine if he played on another line and anyone that watches the Ads would know that.
you aren't making any sense...he's literally been productive his entire career and anybody who plays on his line becomes significantly more productive than when they don't play on it. He has 14 in 13 right now despite shooting lower on average than his other seasons.....only 4 of his points are on the PP which means he isn't reliant on PP too.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Wow...#6 overall Pavel Zacha was just sent to the AHL.

Maybe he will get a chance to gain confidence by scoring/producing more down there and that will be the jolt he needs.

Yeah, it's really a shame. Hopefully he's able to at least carve out a respectable NHL career, but that pick is looking rough right now, and the Devils didn't really do him any favors by rushing him into the NHL either. After all, it's not like he was setting the world on fire in the OHL.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Provorov has had two good games so he’s probably back up to where he was at the start of the season now again, that’s how it works I believe?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Feel like Aho is getting slightly over rated in this. Great start to the year but doesn't have the track record a few of the others have at the NHL level yet.

From his draft class, he's 5th in total points in the NHL since being drafted. Most of the rankings in this thread I've seen have him 5th -8th. :dunno:

Yeah, there are a couple that have him higher, and lower, but the majority have him in that range. Given that his "track record" is 5th most points, how is that over-rated?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This draft was hecking insane, my mans. Lots of elite talent, but the depth is amazing as well. Just look at this:

NHL-players so far: McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Hanifin, Zacha, Provorov, Werenski, Meier, Rantanen, Crouse, DeBrusk, Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Eriksson Ek, Boeser, Konecny, Roslovic, Juulsen, Beauvillier, Fischer, Dermott, Aho, Carlo, Dunn, Malgin, Nutivaara.

And out of these guys, 90% will make a career in the NHL: Strome, Guryanov, Svechnikov, White, Samsonov, Larsson, Carlsson, Merkley, Stephens, Meloche, Forsbacka Karlsson, Sprong, Chlapik, Hintz, Greenway, Guhle, Andersson, Trenin, Kylington, Dergachyov, Spacek, Joseph, Kaprizov, Simon, Jaros, Gaudette, Gavrikov, Mangiapane, Niku.

Also there's guys like Trenin, Bracco, Zboril, Senyshyn, Bittner, Cernak, Siegenthaler, Saarijarvi, Saarela, Garland, Bear, Timashov, Mikkola, Balcers, Musil, Roy and Looke who could be something some day.

One of the best drafts ever. So many potential HHOF candidates. You got the elite stars, 2nd line wingers, middle-6 guys, bottom-6 guys, elite D-men, #3D's... I could build a team with these guys in a couple of years and fit it under the salary cap.
You forgot U.S. Olympian Troy Terry :(

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Not sure how Barzal isn’t clear cut #2 on these lists at this point. We are valuing pedigree over production too much here

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Not sure how Barzal isn’t clear cut #2 on these lists at this point. We are valuing pedigree over production too much here
So he is miles above Mikko Rantanen who leads the NHL in points with a clear margin. Yikes...
I love him and he is a one of my faves, but I'd take Rants over him at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad