My Top 10 2015 NHL Redraft

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Also ****ing Boston lol. Could've had a dynasty but they had to insist to go off the board.

Teams miss on picks. They could've easily had a dynasty, but they more than made up with it by drafting Pastrnak and McAvoy the year before and after. They lucked out (along with having the scouts to nab them) on both of those guys being top 5 talents of the draft and grabbing them in the mid and late 1st.

At the end of the day, they're better off with Pastrnak/McAvoy/Debrusk than whatever combination they would've got from the 2015 draft (especially considering Zboril wasn't considered off the board either).

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Just curious how you can take Eichel because he will "some day be a perennial 100 point player when he gets the right players around him" and then fault Rantanen for being a 100 point player because he has the right players around him. Seems hypocritical.

I wasn’t faulting Rantanen at all. My point was essentially that if you put Rantanen and Eichel in similar situations I think eichel would do better. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Aho should also be right up there with Rantanen, Eichel, and Barzal. Certainly ahead of Werenski and Provorov, who both look a little off so far this year.
If he keeps up his pace this season, he definitely should be. He has improved every single year production wise

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012
I wasn’t faulting Rantanen at all. My point was essentially that if you put Rantanen and Eichel in similar situations I think eichel would do better. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

Ah, fair enough, that's understandable.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Teams miss on picks. They could've easily had a dynasty, but they more than made up with it by drafting Pastrnak and McAvoy the year before and after. They lucked out (along with having the scouts to nab them) on both of those guys being top 5 talents of the draft and grabbing them in the mid and late 1st.

At the end of the day, they're better off with Pastrnak/McAvoy/Debrusk than whatever combination they would've got from the 2015 draft (especially considering Zboril wasn't considered off the board either).

I actually love how Boston drafts. But my point is that they could have had both.

Imagine adding Barzal, Connor, Chabot to the current Boston team. It's a monumental f*** up.

They had 3 draft picks in the best draft ever, all in the top half.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I would take Barzal/Boeser/Chabot over the trio they got.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I actually love how Boston drafts. But my point is that they could have had both.

Imagine adding Barzal, Connor, Chabot to the current Boston team. It's a monumental **** up.

They had 3 draft picks in the best draft ever, all in the top half.

Barzal was the **** up. But they (and many teams before the Bruins!) saw a small guy who put up a lot of PP points and didn't score much and saw risk. Obviously, he proved the doubters wrong.

Zboril/Chabot was a coin flip. Chabot with more upside and risk. Sometimes you get McAvoy and sometimes you get Dante Fabbro (who like Zboril has not yet busted or anything).

Connor might be better than DeBrusk, but that's a whatever difference. It OBVIOUSLY could have all gone in a way that left Boston as the best team in the league, when you add in the steals of McAvoy and Pastrnak.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I would take Barzal/Boeser/Chabot over the trio they got.

If Bruins picked the "consensus" they would have picked Barzal and Connor for sure then their is a host of other players you could consider the next best player but if they went for defense specifically an argument could be made for Zboril or Chabot

If they didn't pick defense the next players probably would be Merkley or Konecny

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
What was the knock against Connor again? There was no way he should have fallen to 17.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I would have Connor, Meier, and Hanifin all above Boeser at this point.
No.

I'm really not sure why you've had these personal issues with Boeser, over all these years, but there's no way in hell that he goes after any of those three players. Meirer? Hanifin? Seriously?

He's a great player; time to let go of your prejudice and accept it.

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Bergeron, Suter and Burns are still going strong.

Usually the evaluation of a players greatness lies in their strength and production during their prime yrs way more than how long they can hold on to be contributing players...

The 2003 class, 15 yrs out, is past their prime years.. how they are now performing should notdiminish how great the class was during their primes...

Surprised you or anyone else are insinuating otherwise..

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Rantanen
4. Barzal
5. Marner
6. Aho
7. Provorov
8. Werenski
9. Boeser
10. Connor
11. Meier
12. Konecny
13. Chabot
14. DeBrusk
15. Hanafin

HM: Erikson-Ek, White

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
Usually the evaluation of a players greatness lies in their strength and production during their prime yrs way more than how long they can hold on to be contributing players...

The 2003 class, 15 yrs out, is past their prime years.. how they are now performing should notdiminish how great the class was during their primes...

LOL okay kid... Burns won a Norris a year and a half ago and Bergeron is top 3 in scoring as of today.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

Bergeron and Burns are currently playing the best hockey of their careers.

But the strength of the 2003 draft is that almost everyone in the first round became a full time NHLer. Aside from Hugh Jessiman and Shawn Belle, the lowest GP of any first rounder in the draft is 192 for Marc-Antoine Pouliot. 22 players from the first round of the draft have played 500 or more games, and there were tons of great players drafted in later rounds.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
People are sleeping on Provorov.
No chance I take a winger before taking him in a redraft, personally. Unless that winger is like the second coming of Jaromir Jagr or Jarome Iginla. I love Rantanen and I think Marner's a heckuva player, I have Provorov firmly above those two.

McDavid
Eichel
Barzal
Provorov
Aho
Rantanen
Werenski
Marner

Chabot is dark horse to fire up these rankings in the near future too.

Reactions: HyPnOtiK

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
1. C, Connor McDavid
2. C, Jack Eichel
3. RW, Mikko Rantanen
4. D, Zach Werenski
5. D, Ivan Provorov
6. LW, Sebastian Aho
7. C, Matt Barzal