My Top 10 2015 NHL Redraft

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
So he is miles above Mikko Rantanen who leads the NHL in points with a clear margin. Yikes...
I love him and he is a one of my faves, but I'd take Rants over him at this point.
Gonna need more than a dozen games to move Rants above him. The season Barzal put up last year was insanely impressive and consistent for a kid and to me it moved him into 2. At the end of this season I will reevaluate and if Rants wins the Art Ross of course it will factor!

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Gonna need more than a dozen games to move Rants above him. The season Barzal put up last year was insanely impressive and consistent for a kid and to me it moved him into 2. At the end of this season I will reevaluate and if Rants wins the Art Ross of course it will factor!

Rantanen had 1 less point in 1 less game than Barzal last year...

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
From his draft class, he's 5th in total points in the NHL since being drafted. Most of the rankings in this thread I've seen have him 5th -8th. :dunno:

Yeah, there are a couple that have him higher, and lower, but the majority have him in that range. Given that his "track record" is 5th most points, how is that over-rated?
I'm talking about the people that have him third. Not the one's that have him top 7.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
This gets me so salty you guys I put Rantanen constantly inside top 5 or in top 7 in numerous redrafts and everybody thought I was joking including myself.. ;) And Rantanen over Marner was another crowd pleaser I used plenty. Jikes it has become a reality

Reactions: Lemonlimey

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
he's having a pretty disappointing year. I don't see how he's even an honorable mention at this point

He's playing well and producing. The only reason he was scratched is because the coach is rolling dice to figure out the lineup because his job is on the line.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
McDavid
Barzal
Eichel
Marner
Provorov
Rantanen
Aho
Werenski
Boeser
Connor

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
lol what?

It's simple. A lot of guys in the first looked good at the beginning of their careers and tailed off quick. Look at the first round

Here's 6 examples. I think the 2003 draft is overrated

- Staal ( the best on this list but declined quickly)
- Phaneuf
- Vanek
- Horton
- Zherdev
- Mike Richards
- Kostitsyn

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
McDavid

Eichel/Rantanen/Barzal/Marner/Aho
Provorov/Werenski/
Boeser/Connor (Yes, I think Connor belongs here - kid is great)

I don't understand why Eichel is ranked higher than Rantanen/barzal/marner/aho. These guys are pretty darn close and all have franchise level potential. If not already.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
It's simple. A lot of guys in the first looked good at the beginning of their careers and tailed off quick. Look at the first round

Here's 6 examples. I think the 2003 draft is overrated

- Staal ( the best on this list but declined quickly)
- Phaneuf
- Vanek
- Horton
- Zherdev
- Mike Richards
- Kostitsyn

Vanek is top 30 in Goals and assist as a LW all time.
2.place in PPG since 2005/06
Overrated?.
Of course.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->