OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Songs that you shouldn't listen to while driving amongst highway patrolman.

Fuel by Metallica
Flirting with Disaster by Molly Hatchet (add their cover of Back in the USSR too)
Kickstart my Heart by Motley Crue
Panama by Van Halen
I cant drive 55 - Hagar
Immigrant Song - Led
Big Empty - STP

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Fuel by Metallica
Flirting with Disaster by Molly Hatchet (add their cover of Back in the USSR too)
Panama by Van Halen
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Killing in the Name - Rage Against The Machine
I Can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar

bonus since @Unsustainable beat me to it:
Question - System Of A Down

Reactions: Unsustainable

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022

I’LL JUST DROP 36,5 HOURS OF STUFF.

Finntroll - nice.

nice.gif

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
So, does this get bad just before or just after the elections?

Cats suffer H5N1 brain infections, blindness, death after drinking raw milk

Mammal-to-mammal transmission raises new concerns about the virus's ability to spread.

On March 16, cows on a Texas dairy farm began showing symptoms of a mysterious illness now known to be H5N1 bird flu. Their symptoms were nondescript, but their milk production dramatically dropped and turned thick and creamy yellow. The next day, cats on the farm that had consumed some of the raw milk from the sick cows also became ill. While the cows would go on to largely recover, the cats weren't so lucky. They developed depressed mental states, stiff body movements, loss of coordination, circling, copious discharge from their eyes and noses, and blindness. By March 20, over half of the farm's 24 or so cats died from the flu.

Reactions: DaveG

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Ok not to make light of something potentially serious but how the hell do they know that the cats had a "depressed mental state"?

Sometimes things just baffle me.

Having done animal behavior experiments in the past, it is based on locomotion as a proxy for mental activity. Obviously not a perfect read on mental activity, but it is a common practice in assessing animal cognitive states.

Of course, you want to check their ability to move first, otherwise you will find that cats without legs are the most depressed cats around.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ok not to make light of something potentially serious but how the hell do they know that the cats had a "depressed mental state"?

Sometimes things just baffle me.
The physical symptoms it shows. You need to be familiar with the particular cat in question to realize that its behavior has gone apathic compared to its normal self.

Cats probably don't have such mental processes that their "depression" could be compared to a human depression.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Having done animal behavior experiments in the past, it is based on locomotion as a proxy for mental activity. Obviously not a perfect read on mental activity, but it is a common practice in assessing animal cognitive states.

Of course, you want to check their ability to move first, otherwise you will find that cats without legs are the most depressed cats around.
Makes more sense then thinking they found them contemplating jumping into a pool of water.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Top 3 theatrical sing-along moments:

Ugly Kid Joe – “MY BOAH was just like me”
Billy Idol – “I’D GIVE YOU ALL AND HAVE NONE, BABE, JUSTAH, JUSTAH”
DIO – “don't dream of women 'cause they'll only bring you DOOOOWN”
Skid Row - "I RE-MEMBAAAA YOUUUUUU!"
Hell, just put Sebastian Bach on that list in general between I Remember You and 18 and Life.

Fuel by Metallica
Panama by Van Halen
I guess we're just giving NWA and Ice Cube the Lifetime Achivement Award here?

Reactions: DaveG and Lempo

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Getting a cavity filled this morning. One of my favorite things to do! Not.
Been there, done that, this morning. Got three new appointments to boot. The doc might as well have been guiding artillery fire when she was listing my teeth and their surfaces needing attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad