My Top 10 2015 NHL Redraft

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If you only knew how bad Okposo is...

I guess that’s fair considering who Rantanen plays with but the line mates argument is a bit overrated. Yes better players help stats a bit but it’s not that huge of a difference.

And skinner isn’t exactly a scrub.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
McDavid
Eichel/Barzal/Rantanen (idgaf order them however)
Provorov/Aho/Marner/Werenski
Boeser/Connor/Chabot

If you told me I absolutely had to give an ordered top 10 right now:

1. McDavid
2. Barzal (homer vote, like I said these guys are interchangeable)
3. Eichel
4. Rantanen
5. Aho
6. Provorov
7. Marner
8. Werenski
9. Boeser
10. Connor
Super-honrable mention: Chabot and Meier, who deserve to be top 10 but this draft is stacked.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
If you only knew how bad Okposo is....

Edit: Eichel's wingers are really bad though.
The funny thing is, in every Eichel debate its never why he's better all you hear from people defending Eichel is a bunch of excuses as to why he cant play as well as Matthews, Barzal etc. Just found that funny. If Matthews can perform at a high level with Hyman and Brown im pretty sure Eichel could do damage with Skinner/Reinahrt/oKPOSO.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
It will be interesting to compare this down the road. The 2003 draft started great and then guys fizzled out

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd have Rantanen and Barzal higher

1. McDavid
2. Rantanen
3. Barzal
4. Eichel

Aho should also be right up there with Rantanen, Eichel, and Barzal. Certainly ahead of Werenski and Provorov, who both look a little off so far this year.

Reactions: Rasmi

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Provorov is #2 for me. People love the points now, but I want the stud defenseman. I'll take the Hedman of this draft.

Reactions: HyPnOtiK

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
1. McDavid
2. Barzal (homer vote, like I said these guys are interchangeable)
3. Eichel
4. Rantanen
5. Aho
6. Provorov
7. Marner
8. Werenski
9. Boeser
10. Connor
11. Chabot

Dang, the top 11 of this draft was insane. 1 generational center, multiple elite 1Cs, 3 top-pairing defensemen, an elite winger, and multiple additional first-line wingers.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I guess that’s fair considering who Rantanen plays with but the line mates argument is a bit overrated. Yes better players help stats a bit but it’s not that huge of a difference.

How many points would Rantanen have playing on a line with Jacob De La Rose and Tom Pyatt?

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
This draft was hecking insane, my mans. Lots of elite talent, but the depth is amazing as well. Just look at this:

NHL-players so far: McDavid, Eichel, Marner, Hanifin, Zacha, Provorov, Werenski, Meier, Rantanen, Crouse, DeBrusk, Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Eriksson Ek, Boeser, Konecny, Roslovic, Juulsen, Beauvillier, Fischer, Dermott, Aho, Carlo, Dunn, Malgin, Nutivaara.

And out of these guys, 90% will make a career in the NHL: Strome, Guryanov, Svechnikov, White, Samsonov, Larsson, Carlsson, Merkley, Stephens, Meloche, Forsbacka Karlsson, Sprong, Chlapik, Hintz, Greenway, Guhle, Andersson, Trenin, Kylington, Dergachyov, Spacek, Joseph, Kaprizov, Simon, Jaros, Gaudette, Gavrikov, Mangiapane, Niku.

Also there's guys like Trenin, Bracco, Zboril, Senyshyn, Bittner, Cernak, Siegenthaler, Saarijarvi, Saarela, Garland, Bear, Timashov, Mikkola, Balcers, Musil, Roy and Looke who could be something some day.

One of the best drafts ever. So many potential HHOF candidates. You got the elite stars, 2nd line wingers, middle-6 guys, bottom-6 guys, elite D-men, #3D's... I could build a team with these guys in a couple of years and fit it under the salary cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad