My Top 10 2015 NHL Redraft

Allan92

Jan 2, 2016
Meath
The funny thing is, in every Eichel debate its never why he's better all you hear from people defending Eichel is a bunch of excuses as to why he cant play as well as Matthews, Barzal etc. Just found that funny. If Matthews can perform at a high level with Hyman and Brown im pretty sure Eichel could do damage with Skinner/Reinahrt/oKPOSO.

Except you can't just throw everything at Matthews because you have the Marner and Kadri lines right behind him. And now Tavares.

Who's behind Eichel to prevent other teams just doubling down on his already questionable top line?

I also recall a guy from Sweden playing with Matthews

Also this is in no way a shot at Matthews. I'm not interested in the Eichel vs Matthews debate. But I think it's a bit silly when people crap on the guy considering he's been the only offensive force on the sabres since being drafted (and is looking to still be 90% of that offence)

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Marner
4. Rantanen
5. Provorov
6. Barzal
7. Werenski
8. Aho
9. Boesner
10. Meier

What do you guys think?

I think the first four are good, I’d put aho a couple spots up.

Last edited:

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
The funny thing is, in every Eichel debate its never why he's better all you hear from people defending Eichel is a bunch of excuses as to why he cant play as well as Matthews, Barzal etc. Just found that funny. If Matthews can perform at a high level with Hyman and Brown im pretty sure Eichel could do damage with Skinner/Reinahrt/oKPOSO.

I rather like like how your ending line throwing out random buffalo players, further confirms you don’t have a clue who he’s playing with this year....or to suggest Eichel isnt producing with skinner (who ya know only has 12 points in six games since being put with Eichel)

Which isn’t surprising really and you’re actually acting like Matthews and Eichels production hasn’t been similar too which is almost as funny as suggesting Connor brown has been a regular linemate for Matthews and not Nylander before and marleau/Kapanen this year. It makes it sound so much better when you say Hyman and brown.

You’re trying to make it sound like Eichel hasn’t been battling ongoing injuries that have been proven to linger for months the past two years and didn’t still produce 0.95 PPG the past two years.

As if that’s in a different realm from Matthews two seasons of 0.84 and 1.01? So when you say “Eichel supporters” make excuses for why he can’t play as well as Barzal and Matthews I just don’t have a clue what you’re talking about anyway? He’s the second best player in this draft. That’s why he was the second pick, that’s why he was a scout consensus second overall pick and it wasn’t even close after Connor and jack to suggest someone else could be 2. It’s closer now but the top two are still the best two. As for Barzal We know his point total in his rookie season was much better then auston or jack but that was as a second line center, auston and jack had to be in the first line against every teams best shut down/top line and top 2 defenders on the regular. Not taking anything away from Barzal as he got Some tough matchups too but when you consider Eichs injuries (two high ankle sprains are hardly an excuse by the way when those have been well known to linger for months) and not having a team who is 8th best in scoring like matty does, Eichels was 31st. (There’s just no support there) eichels production (ppg) hasn’t been that far off Barzal or even Matthews the past few seasons to suggest he hasn’t been as good. Eichel has 133 pts in his last 140 games.

Eichels now playing like an all around player, with great backchecking, added a physical aspect and a much needed leadership role. Since captain he’s matured and the team has been better off for it, off to the best start in 7 years.

It’s no coincidence either that when Sheary started hot (with Eichel) and went cold when leaving his line, just like it’s not when skinner and pominville joined him they both went from essentially nothing to a point and a half per game players since. It’s like...Eichels a good player or something? I know ....it’s a foreign idea/concept but if you let it sink in it will come.... or you could turn on a sabres game every now and then and see it for yourself. Maybe there’s “support” and a consensus because he belongs there? I understand your Rantanen and Barzal ahead ranking now a lot better though. I truly do. As if playing with Mackinnon and landrskog as a winger and again a guy who is definitely great (Barzal) for one season against lesssr competition is better then a guy who’s proven it for three against tougher, with less help. I mean Barzal has one goal this year. He’s doing it now as a franchise center, gotta give him crdedit but the islanders are a high scoring team each season which definitely helps. One more thing about Rantanen though, I understand Mackinnon got going when he arrived, but Colorado fans can’t have it both ways, I’ve now heard them say both guys are better then Eichel. lol, if a guy plays with a guy better then Jack Eichel, that alone gives him only the biggest advantage ever since Eichel doesent play with a guy half as good (until now with skinner)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasek and Mortivore

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Mcdavid

Eichel
Rantanen/Barzal/Marner
Provorov/Aho
Werenski/Boeser/Hanifin
Konecny/Meier/Connor
Chabot/Debrusk/Dunn
Strome

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
1 Mcdavid
2 Jeichel
3 Barzal
4 Rantanen
5 Provorov
6 Aho
7 Boeser
8 Werenski
9 Marner
10 Connor

HM Chabot Konecny Debrusk Meier Carlo

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
Chabot not making everyone's top 10 is the actual proof this draft is insane.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
My final mock in 2015:

1. Edmonton Oilers – Connor McDavid
2. Buffalo Sabres – Jack Eichel
3. Arizona Coyotes – Mitchell Marner
4. Toronto Maple Leafs – Noah Hanifin
5. Carolina Hurricanes – Mikko Rantanen
6. New Jersey Devils – Dylan Strome
7. Philadelphia Flyers – Ivan Provorov
8. Columbus Blue Jackets – Zach Werenski
9. San Jose Sharks – Mathew Barzal
10. Colorado Avalanche – Pavel Zacha

Today:

1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Rantanen
4. Marner
5. Provorov
6. Barzal
7. Aho
8. Chabot
9. Werenski
10. Connor

11. Boeser

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Also ****ing Boston lol. Could've had a dynasty but they had to insist to go off the board.

That topic has pretty much been banned from discussion on the B's board because it was brought up so much. At least we got DeBrusk and Carlo, both regular NHLers for us. Carlo isn't a sexy pick or somebody that will be put on these top 10 lists, but he is a damn good defensive dman.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
1. McDavid
2. Eichel
3. Barzal
4. Aho
5. Rantanen

Barzal and Aho ahead of Rantanen in my opinion due to the fact that they are #1 point/gp centres at this point, and going forward. They also don't get to play with anyone near as talented as Mackinnon (not a huge knock on Rantanen, cause he is insanely talented). At the end of the day, I think Barzal/Aho/Rantanen finish within ~10 points of each other by the end of the season, and being a #1 Centre > Mackinnons winger.

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
Connor - McDavid - Rantanen
Zacha - Barzal - Aho
Beauvillier - Eichel - Marner
Debrusk - Konecny - Boeser

Crouse - Ek - Meier
Malgin - Roslovic - Sprong
Strome - White - Rischer

Provorov - Chabot
Werenski - Juulsen
Hanifin - Dermott

Nutivaara - Carlo
Dunn - Larsson

Tried to keep with proper handedness... D was tough as most are LD's.

Reactions: ottawa

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This is going to be largely preference at this point. So hard to actually rank them because every player is basically in a different situation.

I will say that I don't care if Marner falls in these still very happy with the pick. I think he gets underrated just because of the team he is on people will mentally associate him putting up points because of his surrounding cast but when he is on he is for sure ahead of a lot of guys on the list.

Either way, what a draft year. I think that looking back there is going to be tiers to evaluate this draft because a lot of them are just too close.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It is probably something closer to this when you really look at the numbers:

1. Kaprizov
2.McDavid
3.Eichel
4.Rantanen
5.Barzal
6. Marner

I’m rating eichel over Rantanen purely because I believe that Eichel will some day be a perennial 100 point player when he gets the right players around him.—->

Rantanen, however, has Mackinnon and Landeskog to play with. I’m not saying Rantanen is a sidekick by any means I think he would be great on his own too, just not the 100 point player he might be this year.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal

1. Kaprizov
2.McDavid
3.Eichel
4.Rantanen
5.Barzal
6. Marner

I’m rating eichel over Rantanen purely because I believe that Eichel will some day be a perennial 100 point player when he gets the right players around him.—->

Rantanen, however, has Mackinnon and Landeskog to play with. I’m not saying Rantanen is a sidekick by any means I think he would be great on his own too, just not the 100 point player he might be this year.

Kaprizov before McDavid?

Try again.

IceyDice

Sep 16, 2012

1. Kaprizov
2.McDavid
3.Eichel
4.Rantanen
5.Barzal
6. Marner

Just curious how you can take Eichel because he will "some day be a perennial 100 point player when he gets the right players around him" and then fault Rantanen for being a 100 point player because he has the right players around him. Seems hypocritical.

Reactions: PAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad