Eklund Rumor: [MTL-PHI] Pacioretty for Sanheim + 3rd

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
These deals just keep getting worse and worse.

tenor.gif

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
No, Eklund hasn't had ANYTHING since Hextall took over and tighten the ship. If you hear a rumour about the Flyers, it isn't true. No one has leaked any of Hexy's deals. You hear them when they are announced. I don't know why Hexy would want Patches, but I sure hope he doesn't trade a good prospect for him.

There are two teams in trade talks and the other one could be leaky too, so I would amend what you have said to "If you hear a rumor involving the Flyers, its not coming out of them."

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

MaxPac's 28, a couple months younger than Simmonds. In two years, when the defense is properly set, the two of them will be 30, G will be 31, and Jake will be 29. People are already questioning whether G/Jake/Simmer should be moved for players who will hit their prime in two years' time, when we expect to coalesce into a Cup contender, so how much benefit is it to us to add yet another player who will ostensibly be starting on the downswing of his career right when we need to start firing on all cylinders?

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Flyers window opens in 2 years, exactly when Patches' contract runs out and Sanheim should be hitting his stride. As someone said elsewhere, this is completely backwards, 180 degrees from the what would make sense for the Flyers (and the Habs).

Exactly, and most of us are preparing ourselves for Simmonds to either be traded in the next year or so or letting him walk in 2 years. Probably doesnt make sense for us to resign/sign a F who will be 30+ years old for a 5-6 deal which he will most certainly be looking for. The only type of trade the Flyers would be looking to make would be for a player who is young and on the cusp of breaking out or a top prospect who is projected to crack the roster within the next 2 years. Examples of these type of players would be Sam Bennett or Kiril Kaprizov

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Names please?

Lol, go do your own research, look up top scouting reports.

You are only spewing your own opinion and it's not shared by the majority of the experts out there

Also, majority of posters here on HF pick Sanheim, though personally I don't put much stock in their opinion because most haven't really watched a significant amount of time of either guy and very very few can truly evaluate talent and how it may translate to the NHL

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

You are only spewing your own opinion and it's not shared by the majority of the experts out there

Also, majority of posters here on HF pick Sanheim, though personally I don't put much stock in their opinion because most haven't really watched a significant amount of time of either guy and very very few can truly evaluate talent and how it may translate to the NHL

You made the statement you should back it up and the link posted above shows the majority pick Mikhail.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
http://www.tsn.ca/test1-1.677389

Serghechev 14th and Sanheim 29th. first one I looked up and it's fairly recent from the end of February.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/hockey-home/hockey-rankings/top-50-fantasy-prospect-defensemen-may-2017/

Serghechev 3rd among D and Sanheim 14th.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2652458-ranking-the-top-50-nhl-prospects

Serghechev 17th and Sanheim 22nd

dobber is a fantasy hockey ranking, so not really pertinent to actual NHL Value. If you asking who has the potential to put up more points - sure it might be Sergachev. Sanheim will likely only get PP2 minutes while Ghost is around, but Sanheim made huge strides defensively in Lehigh this past year, so it was a win. the Flyers are going to have a lot of good defensemen on the blueline, so i think people may be disappointed that none of them are going to put up huge 50+ numbers consistently, as the workload will get split because we should be able to balance it.

Bleacher report is from 2016, and lists Sanheim as needing a year in the minors to round out his game (which he did). The rest is mostly addressed above.

the TSN report has credence, but even then i have to doubt it as it has Phil Myers above Sanheim and Sergachev, and I'm not sure i buy that. It all lists players like Kaprizov and JEE above both of them, so i have to question the rankings a bit.

The original point made was that they are at the very least similar, which i don't think is really deniable at this point. Im sure Montreal fans would take Serg over Sanheim because they followed him and understand him more, just as we have with Sanheim, and would take him over Serg.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

You made the statement, you back it up. If you can't, then I'll just assume you are making stuff up.

As for the poll... meh.... I again want the name of these respected scouts.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
You made the statement, you back it up. If you can't, then I'll just assume you are making stuff up.

As for the poll... meh.... I again want the name of these respected scouts.

Okay, to turn it around, the post I quoted said that Sergachev was a much better prospect than Sanheim, I challenge YOU to provide PROOF that this is the case.

I'm not personally going to weigh in on which player is the better prospect because I haven't seen enough of either (especially live) to do so. However, everything I've read rates Sanheim above him. Go ahead and prove me wrong. To my knowledge, only TSN currently rates Sanheim behind him, all others have him behind Sanheim. The person I quoted said he was by far better than Sanheim so provide proof.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
per eklund from a couple hours ago, once again claims Bergevin offered Galchenyuk for sanheim and hextal declined and said he wanted pacioretty... and then if one of these deal goes down and other one would do vs the Avs... Bergevin is legit scaring the **** outta me. if he trades Galchenyuk for Sanheim will be ****ing pissed

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
per eklund from a couple hours ago, once again claims Bergevin offered Galchenyuk for sanheim and hextal declined and said he wanted pacioretty... and then if one of these deal goes down and other one would do vs the Avs... Bergevin is legit scaring the **** outta me. if he trades Galchenyuk for Sanheim will be ****ing pissed

That makes two of us.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Likewise for you and Sanheim. Nevermind the fact that the Flyers need to add to our defense much moreso than we do our forward group.

how many game does sanheim has at the highest level? oh yeah, 0! im not saying he isnt a good prospect. But he's a prospect.

its always the same with habs player. they suck until the minute they leave Montreal, remember Subban? yeah that guy wasnt a top10 Dman in the league, Weber was top3? It went the way around pretty fast after the trade amirite?

Chucky is so underrated on these board and trust me im far from being a Homer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad