Eklund Rumor: [MTL-PHI] Pacioretty for Sanheim + 3rd

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
There are, on occasion, times where Eklund posts trade rumors that make sense, or are near equal in value.

This. . is not one of those times.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
There are, on occasion, times where Eklund posts trade rumors that make sense, or are near equal in value.

This. . is not one of those times.

Agree... MTL probably asked and he probably just exploited it. Don't think the flyers are actively shopping Sanheim.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Wow, the things Montreal could do with 13M in capspace!!!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Isn't Sanheim one of the best d prospects in the league and isn't Max Patioready a regular-season only type player?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Eklund typically has decent philly sources, and is never this specific.

That said, it makes zero sense and it's bogus

IvanProvorov

Apr 26, 2016
I don't care if ppl say Flyers need to add I wouldn't move Sanheim for Patches alone. That's no offense to Patches, just would rather Flyers bring all their D prospects up before moving any of them.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sounds Schizophrenic enough to be true... Get rid of one top D prospect to add offense , get rid of your top offensive producer to add a D prospect.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
unproven prospect Dman for a top goalscorer in the league, when what they desperately need is a 1C.... makes sense.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Isn't Philly the one team Eklund has had good info on historically? Still don't understand why MTL would do it - their offense is very questionable even with Pac.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Hextall hasn't let any leaks out and I doubt Montreal is so hungry for a young defender that they'd give up their captain/highest scoring player for one that has never played a game.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Not saying the trade as Eklund states it makes sense but the 2 key principles do. With Drouin(LW) on the Habs it sort of makes losing Pacioretty(another LW) a bit more realistic, especially if you figure Galchenyuk is a LW.

Montreal 2 needs are Centers and LD.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Meh its Eklund.

But in his newest update he has a "secret" third team in the mix which he apparantely assumes is Colorado.

Only thing that gives me a little pause is that Eklunds accuracy usually is slightly better with the Flyers than with other teams.

Also the fact that Bergevin did not re-sign Markov because he wanted to pull something off with his capspace. And the fact that Bergevin really would need to get his hands on a guy like Sanheim somehow if he wanted to have a chance at landing Duchene.

That said. Eklund and even if he really has heard something from the one credible source he might (!) have, a three team deal (or better a deal and a follow up deal) like that is probably way too hard to pull off.

Especially given the fact that the Avs would not take Sanheim straight up for Duchene...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not saying the trade as Eklund states it makes sense but the 2 key principles do. With Drouin(LW) on the Habs it sort of makes losing Pacioretty(another LW) a bit more realistic, especially if you figure Galchenyuk is a LW.

Montreal 2 needs are Centers and LD.

Any of those 3 guys can play their off wing without an issue.. one or two may even prefer it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad