Eklund Rumor: [MTL-PHI] Pacioretty for Sanheim + 3rd

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
And if you want, we can put 1st pick 2019, 1st pick 2020 and 1st pick 2021. Because Couturier and Sanheim they are the beast player in the world according the Flyers fan lol.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To Montreal : Wayne Simmonds + Sean Couturier + Travis Sanheim.
To Philadelphia : Max Pacioretty + Andrew Shaw + Noah Juulsen + 1st pick 2018.

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Simmonds.
Lehkonen - Couturier - Gallagher.
Hudon - Danault - Byron.

Just awful for Philly

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
And if you want, we can put 1st pick 2019, 1st pick 2020 and 1st pick 2021. Because Couturier and Sanheim they are the beast player in the world according the Flyers fan lol.

couturier = one of the most overrated players on HF..habs have danault, they don't need him

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
coutourier did a lot of scoring in junior always thought he,d eventually start to put up more points but he cant get over that 39 point mark

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Change Gallagher for Shaw and a 1st pick 2018 :)

Pacioretty is the best player in this deal.

Won't argue that. But we can't afford to move d men. Or our best defensive forward. I won't speak to value because the deal doesn't make sense from our end, so there's no point in assessing it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Odd, no-one said they were the best. Just that we don't want to trade them. I mean, they must be pretty good since everyone seems to want them on their team, but that's fine. Continue to devalue a player you just made a proposal to get on your team, it looks really well.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
What is the real difference between Couturier and Danault?

Couturier has a 4.3M cap hit for the next 5 seasons whereas Danault is on the last year of a bridge deal (RFA).

Couturier consistently scores in the mid to high 30s while being an outstanding defensive player. Danault scored 40 points last season in his first full NHL season, but with a lot of 1st line time. I could see his point total dropping off next season to around 30 points, but he's also an incredibly talented defensive player.

The big difference between them is what? And why would the Canadiens want to target Couturier if he would realistically be replacing Danault?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
I mean, Sanheim is at least as good a prospect as Sergachev. And Sergachev got the Canadiens a first liner, soooooo....

Sanheim is nowhere near as good a prospect as Sergachev lol. Sergachev is much closer to Provorov than to Sanheim.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
To Montreal : Wayne Simmonds + Sean Couturier + Travis Sanheim.
To Philadelphia : Max Pacioretty + Andrew Shaw + Noah Juulsen + 1st pick 2018.

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Simmonds.
Lehkonen - Couturier - Gallagher.
Hudon - Danault - Byron.

Wow, this is really really bad for Philly. Sorry but eff no

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Sanheim is nowhere near as good a prospect as Sergachev lol. Sergachev is much closer to Provorov than to Sanheim.

Umm, the general consensus amongst expert scouts says otherwise. Nearly ALL of them rate Sanheim over Sergachev.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Umm, the general consensus amongst expert scouts says otherwise. Nearly ALL of them rate Sanheim over Sergachev.

Yeah, I wouldn't trade Sanheim straight up for Sergachev. Travis is going to be a gamebreaker.

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
probably I'm late to the party but isn't Eklund's track record involving the Flyers pretty good?

I think he broke the Richards/Carter trades back in the day.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
probably I'm late to the party but isn't Eklund's track record involving the Flyers pretty good?

No, Eklund hasn't had ANYTHING since Hextall took over and tighten the ship. If you hear a rumour about the Flyers, it isn't true. No one has leaked any of Hexy's deals. You hear them when they are announced. I don't know why Hexy would want Patches, but I sure hope he doesn't trade a good prospect for him.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

His track record was good with Holmgren, not Hextall. I wouldn't trust Eklund anymore with the Flyers than any other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad