Eklund Rumor: [MTL-PHI] Pacioretty for Sanheim + 3rd

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
The Flyers havent finished bottom 5 since 2007, and before that i honestly cant even remember it. Our forward group is not in nearly as dire shape as you seem to think. Ill try to explain for you.

giroux is a 1C, and with the addition of Patrick, we shouldnt be a one trick pony anymore. Teams will have to play more than one line, so that should help his points. Even if it doesnt, he still shelters Patrick and lets him learn the ropes. In 2-3 Years, Patrick takes over as 1C, and giroux slides to 2C, which is a pretty good option. Couturier continues to play 3C.

Down the Road, if Frost or Rubstov develop into middle 6 Cs as well, we can move Giroux to RW where he plays very well.

Our board is relatively split on Simmonds. Great player and i love him, but his next contract could be deadly for a 30 year old power forward. Its no guarantee he'll be around. Konecny can shift back overto his natural side on the RW.

Voracek plays a smart game, and will likely continue to be productive for several years. Hes the person im least concerned about. He trained with Jagr while Jagr was here, and took a lot of his mannerisms. I think hell keep himself in good shape.

So even in 3 years, we could Still be

Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek
Frost - Giroux - Konecny (not actual lines, just as an idea)

With both couturier and Rubstov around, as well as Ratcliffe, and plenty of good looking bottom 6'ers to choose from (allison, NAK, etc.). The Flyers are in no risk of being 'bad' in the forward department, and thats with me probably forgetting a guy or two.

We also have 2 firsts next year (Ours and Blues), and if we trade simmonds next year, will get at least one more back for an additional one in 2019.

Really, we appreciate your concern about our poor forward outlook, but i assure you, we're in good hands.

so basicly even if you named a couple of prospects here and there. patrick is nothing sure and as failed to be healthy at such a young age. but you even stated above that you're future still relies on Giroux and voracek performing, giroux isnt too good 5v5 and as regressed in his last 3 season and is turning 30 this season @ 8.2M till he's 35. if he doesnt get his game back and still go on the regress its realy not gonna look good. on the other hand i do agree with voracek he's the type of player who will likely play the same game till his mid 35, highly skilled puck possession player. Giroux on the other hand ... and if patrick doesnt deliver... it could turn bad. never been high on Nolan patrick and i think he's very similar to Couturier

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
so basicly even if you named a couple of prospects here and there. patrick is nothing sure and as failed to be healthy at such a young age. but you even stated above that you're future still relies on Giroux and voracek performing, giroux isnt too good 5v5 and as regressed in his last 3 season and is turning 30 this season @ 8.2M till he's 35. if he doesnt get his game back and still go on the regress its realy not gonna look good. on the other hand i do agree with voracek he's the type of player who will likely play the same game till his mid 35, highly skilled puck possession player. Giroux on the other hand ... and if patrick doesnt deliver... it could turn bad. never been high on Nolan patrick and i think he's very similar to Couturier

'name a couple of prospects here and there' ? I cant help that you are unfamiliar with the Flyers prospects. The forwards are definitely the 'weakness' of the prospect pool, but its nowhere near bad. I don't know much about Montreal's prospects, so because i never watched them or bothered to learn about them, should ii also say they have an extremely poor pool of prospects?

Giroux doesnt need to go back to 90+ point Giroux. Most of us are hoping he can get back to 65-70 or so. With an offensive center behind him - Patrick - the overall team contribution will be better. He's also been playing the last 3 seasons through hip and wrist surgeries, which may have affected his play. Not that its an excuse, because again - none of us expect him to go back to PPG, but we dont need him to, either. I also clearly stated that Rubstov and Frost have potential for Middle 6 C roles, so Giroux could me moved to wing if need be, so no, we are not 'dependent' on him.

You are welcome to your opinion on Patrick. But you'll have to forgive me if i put greater stock in people whose jobs it is to evaluate NHL talent over yours.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
'name a couple of prospects here and there' ? I cant help that you are unfamiliar with the Flyers prospects. The forwards are definitely the 'weakness' of the prospect pool, but its nowhere near bad. I don't know much about Montreal's prospects, so because i never watched them or bothered to learn about them, 1:should ii also say they have an extremely poor pool of prospects?

Giroux doesnt need to go back to 90+ point Giroux. Most of us are hoping he can get back to 65-70 or so. With an offensive center behind him - Patrick - the overall team contribution will be better. He's also been playing the last 3 seasons through hip and wrist surgeries, which may have affected his play. 2:Not that its an excuse, because again - none of us expect him to go back to PPG, but we dont need him to, either. I also clearly stated that 3:Rubstov and Frost have potential for Middle 6 C roles, so Giroux could me moved to wing if need be, so no, we are not 'dependent' on him.

4:You are welcome to your opinion on Patrick. But you'll have to forgive me if i put greater stock in people whose jobs it is to evaluate NHL talent over yours.

1: it realy is haha. so go ahead.

2: it is actually a good one! but doesn't change the result

3: these are barely borderline A prospect, putting high stock in them wont be rewarding! they could definitly pan out tho!

4: i totally feel you. So many factors tho, if it was this easy to evaluate every team would be nuts. You still dont need to be paid to have an eye on evaluating player and i like to think im realy good at it and rarely am wrong! But yet i still was REALY high on Yakupov because he reminded me of on of my all time favorite so yeah!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

So really, your entire opinion on the Flyesr future forwards is because you don't believe in Patrick.

Only Simmonds needs to be replaced in the next 2 years from our top 6 forwards:

Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Patrick, Couturier, Konecny. No there is no PPG guy there, but there could be 4-5 50-70 point guys there.

Then add in Lindblom who you don't know about or under estimate.

And what if we trade Simmonds? Do you not think we will get a good return for him seeing the return Lucic got?

And you act like we can't make other trades later on. IF WE HIT ON ALL THE YOUNG DMEN, THERE WILL BE A LOGJAM AND AT THAT POINT, WE CAN TRADE ONE FOR A FORWARD. But until we fix the defense, there is no need to ASSUME it will be fixed.

We have drafted 7 forwards in the last 3 drafts in the 1st 2 rounds out of 9 possible picks. Hextall is certainly addressing the future forwards, and will continue to do so with our 10 picks in this coming draft.

We have no forward prospects yet have:
A top 4 scorer from the WJC this past year: Vorobyev
A top 2 pick from this past draft: Patrick
A top 4 scorer from the SHL: Lindblom
A top 2 rookie PPG scorer in the QMJHL: Rubstov
2 more F prospects who played in the WJC in Laczynski and Kase.
And had Konecny as a rookie this year.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
1: it realy is haha. so go ahead.

2: it is actually a good one! but doesn't change the result

3: these are barely borderline A prospect, putting high stock in them wont be rewarding! they could definitly pan out tho!

4: i totally feel you. So many factors tho, if it was this easy to evaluate every team would be nuts. You still dont need to be paid to have an eye on evaluating player and i like to think im realy good at it and rarely am wrong! But yet i still was REALY high on Yakupov because he reminded me of on of my all time favorite so yeah!

1 the point was that If you don't know people's prospects you aren't in a position to speak ill of them.

2 it's not a good excuse. He didn't perform. It is what it is. Most of us are confident that with him coming in to camp finally healthy and with a supporting cast, he'll be fine.

3 our forwards aren't as deep as our defence, and they aren't all blue chips, but several of them could very well impress. Just because they aren't all top 5 picks, doesn't mean they can't be good (flyers actually have a good success rate with mid to late first round forwards, if ypu care to look) For every Louis LeBlanc, there's a Mac Pacioretty, if you will.

4 Sure it's possible he busts, but again, I'll take the scouts opinion over a forum poster.

sauceking67

Aug 8, 2017
Honestly how about:

Pacc+ juulsen+3rd pick
For
Simmonds+sanheim ?

I feel it would be fair on both sides considering that pacc is a legit 30 goal score and +60 points wtihout even having a legit top 1 center, so he would probably do alot of dmg with giroux or voracek.

And juulsen is a good prospect not as good as sanheim but would balance out the trade with the 3rd round pick

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Honestly how about:

Pacc+ juulsen+3rd pick
For
Simmonds+sanheim ?

I feel it would be fair on both sides considering that pacc is a legit 30 goal score and +60 points wtihout even having a legit top 1 center, so he would probably do alot of dmg with giroux or voracek.

And juulsen is a good prospect not as good as sanheim but would balance out the trade with the 3rd round pick

Mtl likes Pac. Philly likes Simmonds. Mtl needs a CENTER.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Honestly how about:

Pacc+ juulsen+3rd pick
For
Simmonds+sanheim ?

If Montreal trades Pacthes, they should get a center.

Philly shouldn't move D until we know who is what.

Again, there's no trade that either group will agree to unless Montreal wants another depth center in Lehtera, which I highly doubt.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Isn't that what happened with the Drouin / Sergachev trade. :laugh:

I think he meant consistent, which Drouin isn't, but mostly because he hasnt been around long enough to be 'consistent' at anything.

But yes, the statement itself is laughable, unless for some reason you feel Sergachev is miles ahead of Sanheim, in which case, youve got other issues.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Okay, to turn it around, the post I quoted said that Sergachev was a much better prospect than Sanheim, I challenge YOU to provide PROOF that this is the case.

I'm not personally going to weigh in on which player is the better prospect because I haven't seen enough of either (especially live) to do so. However, everything I've read rates Sanheim above him. Go ahead and prove me wrong. To my knowledge, only TSN currently rates Sanheim behind him, all others have him behind Sanheim. The person I quoted said he was by far better than Sanheim so provide proof.

I didn't make the original post. I have nothing to back up.

You keep invoking experts but refusing to name them.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
So really, your entire opinion on the Flyesr future forwards is because you don't believe in Patrick.

Only Simmonds needs to be replaced in the next 2 years from our top 6 forwards:

Giroux, Voracek, Simmonds, Patrick, Couturier, Konecny. No there is no PPG guy there, but there could be 4-5 50-70 point guys there.

Then add in Lindblom who you don't know about or under estimate.

And what if we trade Simmonds? Do you not think we will get a good return for him seeing the return Lucic got?

And you act like we can't make other trades later on. IF WE HIT ON ALL THE YOUNG DMEN, THERE WILL BE A LOGJAM AND AT THAT POINT, WE CAN TRADE ONE FOR A FORWARD. But until we fix the defense, there is no need to ASSUME it will be fixed.

We have drafted 7 forwards in the last 3 drafts in the 1st 2 rounds out of 9 possible picks. Hextall is certainly addressing the future forwards, and will continue to do so with our 10 picks in this coming draft.

We have no forward prospects yet have:
A top 4 scorer from the WJC this past year: Vorobyev
A top 2 pick from this past draft: Patrick
A top 4 scorer from the SHL: Lindblom
A top 2 rookie PPG scorer in the QMJHL: Rubstov
2 more F prospects who played in the WJC in Laczynski and Kase.
And had Konecny as a rookie this year.

Who is that guy named hope? To tired to go back and read his posts but once I saw him say Patrick was another Couturier I stopped reading.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Can you not read? im asking about your top 5 forward. i fail to see how you think philly lacks of defensive upcomers vs foward.

Philly clearly lacks Foward prospect for a Rebuilding team, on the other hand the Defense is looking realy bright, wich is why you guys will likely trade a guy in the future.

1. Nolan Patrick
2. German Rubtsov
3. Morgan Frost
4. Issac Ratcliffe
5. Pascal Laberge
6. Wade Allisaon
7. Matt Strome
8. Nic Aube-Kubel
Then add our defenseman prospects!!
Then add our goal tending prospects!!
This clearly puts the habs group to shame if that is what you are comparing having not read what you are talking about:)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers top 10 forward prospects based on our summer polls:

1. Patrick, Nolan ~ C (2017 #2)
2. Lindblom, Oskar ~ LW/RW (2014 #138)
3. Rubtsov, German ~ C/W (2016 #22)
4. Frost, Morgan ~ C/LW (2017 #27)
5. Allison, Wade ~ RW - (2016 #52)
6. Vorobyev, Mikhail ~ C (2015 #104)
7. Ratcliffe, Isaac ~ LW (2017 #35)
8. Laczynski, Tanner ~ C (2016 #169)
9. Laberge, Pascal ~ C/RW (2016 #36)
10. Aube-Kubel, Nicolas ~ RW/LW (2014 #48)
11. Bunnaman, Connor ~ C/LW (2016 #109)
12. Strome, Matthew ~ LW (2017 #106)
13. Kase, David ~ W/C (2015 #128)
14. Vecchione, Mike ~ C (College free agent)
15. Cates, Noah ~ LW (2017 #137)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The main board is heavily against anything Montréal. Anyone remember that pool with Price, Toivonen and Rask? That was pure gold comedy.

The fact Sergachev won despite that fact should tell you a lot.

Theres also a lot more montreal fans in proportion to other fanbases on this site (Toronto aside, i assume).

Polls from this site in general, unless they are specific to a certain team(i.e - Rank your teams prospects), should be held with little regard.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Theres also a lot more montreal fans in proportion to other fanbases on this site (Toronto aside, i assume).

Polls from this site in general, unless they are specific to a certain team(i.e - Rank your teams prospects), should be held with little regard.

I think he is saying the opposite, that because people on these boards dislike Montreal so much they will vote the other way every time. I believe he is saying that its only close because of that "fact" and Sanheim shouldnt even be in the same category.

I could be wrong though, or maybe I misinterpreted what both of you are saying lol.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think he is saying the opposite, that because people on these boards dislike Montreal so much they will vote the other way every time. I believe he is saying that its only close because of that "fact" and Sanheim shouldnt even be in the same category.

I could be wrong though, or maybe I misinterpreted what both of you are saying lol.

I'm not really saying anything to be honest. hdboards posters should not be trusted to rate prospects ;)

Just pointing out that Sergachev wining a pool here against anyone is shocking. I did not watch the date of the pool though maybe it was done after he was traded to TB. I would expect Montréal's players to lose 100% of the pools posted on the mainboard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->