Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
I’m not sure if you missed the scoop but the Russian players after the playoff loss to the rangers didn’t seem to be so sad about it . Apparently they were having a great time playing cards and having a good laugh . It rankled quite a few players . So much so that the entire Russian contingent was gone before the start of the next season . Yes it hurt and took a while to recover but it had to be done

There are still gullible souls who believe this nonsense?

There was no Russian purge. Radulov was offered a similar contract to the one he signed in Dallas. He made the decision he thought was best for him. I'M OK with this, I think those huge, long contracts are too generous and risky anyway.

I love Markov, as you can probably guess by my avatar. But he made the mistake of representing himself in contract negotiations instead of using an agent. He made things personal and complicated things for himself and the team. This doesn't absolve Bergevin of everything but this wasn't part of some "Russian purge". Just two egos clashing and some bad decisions made.

PS: Your life must really be devoid of any fun if you believe getting rid of players because they play cards is something that "has to be done". Sorry they didn't jump in a bath with a toaster to satisfy your thirst for pain, suffering and death.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
He busted both shoulders. One in the 2019 playoffs that lingered into last year and one in a fight vs Borowiecki last year. Portzline was very clear that it was in fact both shoulders. The concern isn't that any particular injury is career threatening, but that he will get injured frequently, lose playing time, and gradually lose ability as a result. "Could happen to anyone", sure, but not every player is flying into checks at 20+mph.

I didn’t know that. Hopefully the full year off he had was beneficial long term.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
I was happy when the trade happened and Im just loving the deal more for us in Montreal. I def see a 50 pts 2nd line powerforward for years to come.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
The problem is we won't have a full house of fans back for many months to come, perhaps next season, and with the super cautious system Torts has shifted to in the last couple years the team plays very robotically and without much energy or scrappiness.

They didn't want to trade Josh, and would have preferred him as a player, but he wanted a 7 year deal. Let us know in seven years if you still think it was worth it.
He'll be 33 by the end of his contract 7 years at 5.5m is a robbery.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
I’m not sure if you missed the scoop but the Russian players after the playoff loss to the rangers didn’t seem to be so sad about it . Apparently they were having a great time playing cards and having a good laugh . It rankled quite a few players . So much so that the entire Russian contingent was gone before the start of the next season . Yes it hurt and took a while to recover but it had to be done

Players who lived through the collapse of the Soviet Union and complete shitshow that followed unrankled by defeat in a game. More at 11.

Anyone who saw Emelin destroy Lucic knows that's a bullshit excuse, and anyone who doubts Markov after watching his career is an idiot. This "scoop" sounds like two well heaped scoops of fertilizer.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
On pace for 65 points. Ik its a small sample size but your comment won't age well.

My comment was literally based on his entire career up to that point. Yours is based on 10 games.

Also, this is not the first awesome 10 game stretch he's had. I like Josh Anderson as a player. But it is bonkers to think he's a once-in-40-years player even if he continues to outpace his career year by a ton. Remember, context is important.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

There was no Russian purge. Radulov was offered a similar contract to the one he signed in Dallas. He made the decision he thought was best for him. I'M OK with this, I think those huge, long contracts are too generous and risky anyway.

I love Markov, as you can probably guess by my avatar. But he made the mistake of representing himself in contract negotiations instead of using an agent. He made things personal and complicated things for himself and the team. This doesn't absolve Bergevin of everything but this wasn't part of some "Russian purge". Just two egos clashing and some bad decisions made.

PS: Your life must really be devoid of any fun if you believe getting rid of players because they play cards is something that "has to be done". Sorry they didn't jump in a bath with a toaster to satisfy your thirst for pain, suffering and death.
I’m only going off what I read sir . Thirst for pain suffering and death ? No need to get the panties in a knot over it . Maybe it’s not true at all but when they came back for training camp there wasn’t one left .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I
Players who lived through the collapse of the Soviet Union and complete shitshow that followed unrankled by defeat in a game. More at 11.

Anyone who saw Emelin destroy Lucic knows that's a bullshit excuse, and anyone who doubts Markov after watching his career is an idiot. This "scoop" sounds like two well heaped scoops of fertilizer.
m only repeating whAt I read . Take it with a grain of salt .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seriously? Domi didn't want to make that move in Montreal, even though it made sense as there was no longer room for him at center. How is he handling the move?

I am surprised Domi accepted a move to the wing. What gives?

He only played last game on wing. Nearly the whole team was brutal that game, so no surprise Torts has put him back at center in practice, this time with Laine.

I think Max knows he isn't playing well and is probably open to trying some different things to get his game going. He's not playing with much pride or confidence right now. The idea with putting him on wing is so that he can just focus on the offensive side. It's not any kind of demotion.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
mtl cannot have anything good with a fan saying it's only 10 games in the season, and at the end of the season it will be "but it's only a 50 games season"

so tired of this
Not true. Andy has been great 10 games into a season but one should be weary of thinking 10 games is a career. As I recall several wanted to put Andy's 26 games last season as a career, yet his three years prior told a different story. He's a good player when healthy. A difference maker. I with him health and a strong career but I'm not ready to call him a God for his 10 game performance thus far. Nor am I ready to call Domi an AHL player.

Reactions: Viqsi

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
They did, then they moved him back for tonight...
Oh, is that called a move to wing? This team sucks right now. Jones and Werenski were split up and one played on the 2nd pair does that mean they are now a 2nd pair defensemen? nah, just a game to try something different. Stick him there for 3, 4, 5 games? Yeah, I agree that's a move to wing. You can point to Texier for that type of move.

I guess to some a game on the wing is news worthy. He probably hates Torts now too and wants out of Columbus. Damn it!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Oh, is that called a move to wing? This team sucks right now. Jones and Werenski were split up and one played on the 2nd pair does that mean they are now a 2nd pair defensemen? nah, just a game to try something different. Stick him there for 3, 4, 5 games? Yeah, I agree that's a move to wing. You can point to Texier for that type of move.

I guess to some a game on the wing is news worthy. He probably hates Torts now too and wants out of Columbus. Damn it!

Relax; simply pointing out he was moved (and subsequently moved back), as the other poster said...

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.

Just to add to this, nicer weather in Texas and at the same contract in Texas (Dallas) means more money for Radulov, also he went to a team that looked on the rise and they went to a cup final so....

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Anderson went on plenty of hot streaks while with the CBJ and had plenty of fans buy into the idea that he is some consistent 25-30 goal, two way power forward. He very well could score less goals the rest of the year than he has already scored early in the season, and he won’t be racking up assists instead.

I’m saying this as a CBJ fan that is very sure that Domi is not an answer at center, but also just as sure that Domi is clearly superior offensively to Josh Anderson.

The problem is that Anderson doesn’t put up those numbers when he plays a more effective two way game. I can’t claim to have really watched any of MTL this year or much of Anderson, but I did see the highlight of him attempting to pad his stats by cherry-picking late in the 3rd, up what, 4 goals?? Many worthless goals is similar situations as a Blue Jacket, imo.

MTL fans, please, can you tell me you are impressed by his hands or shot?? Just wait till the puck stops going in and he ends at 12-15 goals.
He’s shown good hands around the net batting pucks out of the air... He’s playing with two offensive forwards and Suzuki is becoming freaky good so maybe that’s part of the eye test. Only 10 games as you all are saying. Habs have not had many guys can bring the D to the net or skate around them so he looks like the second coming to us right now ;)

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'm glad it's working out so far, but MTL gave a 7 year deal to a guy with injury issues and fans are celebrating after 10 games played. Might be early to gloat. I think he's left two games early so far and the fanbase has had to collect its breath each time until they were revealed to not be major injuries / illness.

It's clear Domi had no place on the team and good job by Bergevin to move him for a player the team needed, the risk with this trade was always the term given to re-sign Anderson not what Montreal gave up though.

If at one point he's injured and he can't play anymore, we send him to LTIR. :thumbu:

Peter Puck

Sep 10, 2005
1. It seems mighty strange to see so many people saying that you can't declare a winner after 10 games who already declared a winner the day the trade was made.

2. I also find it strange so many people are saying Anderson plays a rough physical game and so is sure to be regularly injured. At the same time we've heard for years that many Habs or Hab prospects (e.g. Caufield) can't survive the physical NHL since they are so small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad