Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Trade is favoring Montreal.

I mentioned this when the deal was made, this has the potential to be a great deal for the Habs

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Anderson didn't ask for a trade last year. He just insisted on a seven year deal, Jarmo said no, and Bergevin said yes. They wanted to keep him, Jarmo came really close to meeting his ask (at least a $5m x 5, maybe more), just couldn't go all the way. And that might be the right call in the long run. Obviously Josh is worth every penny right now, but he probably won't be in years 5-7.

Domi is looking like he might have to be moved again, not a fit at all so far. That's a mistake by Jarmo if Domi can't do better than this. But we really don't know what else he could have gotten. It was a situation where you had to move Anderson for something if you couldn't sign him.

Pretty much every media source I've seen on here said Anderson wanted out of Columbus. Not a ton about him not being satisfied with his current situation and he wanted more term.

The pressing issue is the actual term. I mean 5 x 5 vs 5 x 7 makes a huge difference. I find it hard to believe Anderson would have been a bad signing at 5 x 5.

If Domi turns out a bust here, then thats basically a +10 million for Anderson what he does in Montreal.

I don't like it.. I thought at the time we got pretty good value.. but it is,what it is... it was a better trade than 2 2nds.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Being healthy amazingly has made a huge difference for a player.

Who knew?

He's fast and aggressive, and can blow his knee out in game 10 crashing the net hard pretty easily. Pretty much everyone who is a CBJ fan on this board saw this coming. If he does this for 3-5 years is the issue.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
He's fast and aggressive, and can blow his knee out in game 10 crashing the net hard pretty easily. Pretty much everyone who is a CBJ fan on this board saw this coming. If he does this for 3-5 years is the issue.

For what he brings to the table for Montreal, I take that chance 10 times out of 10

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
For what he brings to the table for Montreal, I take that chance 10 times out of 10

So I'm guessing you were the 1 of 100 posters on here was a Montreal fan who said this was a good trade?

A good 90-95 percent of the fanbase wanted Bergevins head on a stick after that trade. He didn't get enough.. 1 goal last year etc..

Reactions: Xoggz22

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
So I'm guessing you were the 1 of 100 posters on here was a Montreal fan who said this was a good trade?

A good 90-95 percent of the fanbase wanted Bergevins head on a stick after that trade. He didn't get enough.. 1 goal last year etc..

Yup, check me posts if you wanna...I've been a fan of this kid since he came into the League and had him on my fantasy team for the last three years, including this one (of course he spent most of last season on IR)...could see a long time ago that he's just the type of player that the Habs needed...

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013

I thought it was a great trade too. Domi was redundant and need to be traded before the season. We got something we desperately needed

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Yup, check me posts if you wanna...I've been a fan of this kid since he came into the League and had him on my fantasy team for the last three years, including this one (of course he spent most of last season on IR)...could see a long time ago that he's just the type of player that the Habs needed...

I mean the development of Suzuki helped but a young power forward with size is essentially what Montreal needed. Would be make CBJ better too goddamnit.

I apologize if you were on of the few who liked the trade, but it was mostly a 70 point guy and a pick for a 1 goal scorer.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I mean the development of Suzuki helped but a young power forward with size is essentially what Montreal needed. Would be make CBJ better too goddamnit.

I apologize if you were on of the few who liked the trade, but it was mostly a 70 point guy and a pick for a 1 goal scorer.

Domi is NOT a 70-point guy; he reached it once with alot of help and alot of puck-luck, just like Anderson was alot more than "a one-goal guy" & anyone who's watched him over the last few years knew it...trust me, I'm no huge Bergevin fan, but he knocked it out of the park here and I was ecstatic that he was paying attention...

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Domi is NOT a 70-point guy; he reached it once with alot of help and alot of puck-luck, just like Anderson was alot more than "a one-goal guy" & anyone who's watched him over the last few years knew it...trust me, I'm no huge Bergevin fan, but he knocked it out of the park here and I was ecstatic that he was paying attention...

Yea.. he was given alot of crap for that trade. Too much. I dont think he needed to send the pick, but man, its looking really lopsided right now.

Its looking like Domi is a 30-50 point guy who could be surpassed on CBJ, and Anderson will be a 20-35 goal guy dependant on health.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yea.. he was given alot of crap for that trade. Too much. I dont think he needed to send the pick, but man, its looking really lopsided right now.

Its looking like Domi is a 30-50 point guy who could be surpassed on CBJ, and Anderson will be a 20-35 goal guy dependant on health.

Domi's biggest issue is that he thinks he's a Top 6 centre and he's more of a Top 6 winger...Domi up the middle is never going to work for you long-term for a variety of reasons:

He's not a great (or even reasonably gifted) passer
He's not a great shooter
He's not anywhere near defensively responsible
He's not a great stickhandler (although, with the number of times he'll try to enter the O-zone 1-on-2 or 1-on-3, he thinks he is)

Domi's issues are far easier to hide on the wing than up the middle...

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Domi's biggest issue is that he thinks he's a Top 6 centre and he's more of a Top 6 winger...Domi up the middle is never going to work for you long-term for a variety of reasons:

He's not a great (or even reasonably gifted) passer
He's not a great shooter
He's not anywhere near defensively responsible
He's not a great stickhandler (although, with the number of times he'll try to enter the O-zone 1-on-2 or 1-on-3, he thinks he is)

Domi's issues are far easier to hide on the wing than up the middle...

Domi is also convinced he is a top center. Was paid to do that role. Has been traded twice now, to be honest that is what frightens me most.
I've seen more from Texier in 3 games than I have from Domi all season. Hopefully one of Bjork/Laine/Atkinson can carry him for the rest of the year.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I was told Jarmo doesn't lose trades tho...

But seriously, Domi looked like an atrocious fit in Columbus from the start, regardless of who he was traded for

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I was told Jarmo doesn't lose trades tho...

But seriously, Domi looked like an atrocious fit in Columbus from the start, regardless of who he was traded for

Yup, especially for a coach like Torts...it won't be long before Domi finds his way into the ever-revolving Torts' Doghouse door for his lack of defensive responsibility...or his lack of discipline...or his penchant for trying to enter the O-zone 1-on-2 or 1-on-3...or his; well, you get the point...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Domi is not hockey smart but Anderson plays game so hard makes him injury prone. Early on trade favours Montreal but that contract will hurt them last 3-4 years. Likely a wash

Kellen

Apr 17, 2019
I love how surprised people are how good Josh Anderson is- it’s comical. Do you not watch hockey? I mean to watch the Tampa CBJ series two years ago- the guy was a horse. But he played for Columbus so he had to “suck”

We totally lost that trade - Domi is a joke- Anderson is a beast.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
So far so good from a Montreal POV. The size and power forward game was too be expected. The speed was not. Neither was his propensity for something approaching a 200ft. He back checks very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad