Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick - pt.2

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
tenor.gif

Yeah. I'm sure he's mad. Not the guy with the humiliating takes. I would venture and say he's thoroughly enjoying reading those posts, much as I am.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Cbus1979

Jan 18, 2014
No way Jarmo was going to give Anderson that contract..this is not about winning a trade player for player.Just like with Bob.Domi was just a bonus..and we have no long term obligations.We won a playoff round without Bob,bread,and Josh last year...don't forget.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
No way Jarmo was going to give Anderson that contract..this is not about winning a trade player for player.Just like with Bob.Domi was just a bonus..and we have no long term obligations.We won a playoff round without Bob,bread,and Josh last year...don't forget.

Do they still hand out Cups for that too...

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Pleasantly surprise with Josh Anderson. Didn't know he had such a good shot. He may be on a hot streak and cool down eventually but I really like his blend of skill, speed and toughness.

For Domi, he needs to play on edge emotionnaly to be a factor in a hockey game. He tends to choose the low-probability of sucess plays in the ozone and maybe Tortorella will be able to change that in his game. I'm sure his production will pick up eventually. He's at least a 45-50 pts player.

Still think the trade was good for both teams needs.

Reactions: BLONG7

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Why on earth would he be mad about you saying Anderson was trash when even CBJ fans are saying Anderson is better? He also supports the habs and the habs easily won the trade. So again why on earth would he be mad?
I dont go around digging necro posts to blast people when they were wrong. Only people who are mad that their team got insulted in an internet forum do that.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Again, the Habs didn't win the trade. It looks great right now and I'm glad Andy has bounced back. The trade will be judged weekly, I'm sure, but ultimately I still think it ends up working out as a hockey trade. Domi will be fine in Columbus - that team is a mess right now. All you need to do is look to see fans looking to trade Jones... I'm not concerned, a little disappointed at the early returns, but not concerned...yet. I hope Andy keeps it up and stays healthy. He's a rare talent in the NHL. I got lambasted for doing a comparison of him to Tom Wilson prior to the trade. Wonder what some might think after 10 games. haha (just look at the trajectory of his prior three years and you'll see this isn't an anomaly...skills are there)

Reactions: malcb33 and Monk

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Again, the Habs didn't win the trade. It looks great right now and I'm glad Andy has bounced back. The trade will be judged weekly, I'm sure, but ultimately I still think it ends up working out as a hockey trade. Domi will be fine in Columbus - that team is a mess right now. All you need to do is look to see fans looking to trade Jones... I'm not concerned, a little disappointed at the early returns, but not concerned...yet. I hope Andy keeps it up and stays healthy. He's a rare talent in the NHL. I got lambasted for doing a comparison of him to Tom Wilson prior to the trade. Wonder what some might think after 10 games. haha (just look at the trajectory of his prior three years and you'll see this isn't an anomaly...skills are there)
i also don't know why this needs to be an all-or-nothing thing. I hope both guys succeed. Domi needs to play with intensity and / or guys that drag him into battle (he thrived with Andrew Shaw) and Anderson if he can stay healthy, is exactly what montreal needed for its skilled, smaller playmakers. I've hated the hot takes from the beginning - and that includes all the trolls *(and there were many) who said habs got fleeced

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
i also don't know why this needs to be an all-or-nothing thing. I hope both guys succeed. Domi needs to play with intensity and / or guys that drag him into battle (he thrived with Andrew Shaw) and Anderson if he can stay healthy, is exactly what montreal needed for its skilled, smaller playmakers. I've hated the hot takes from the beginning - and that includes all the trolls *(and there were many) who said habs got fleeced

Ironically, the best linemate you can provide for Domi would have been Josh Anderson.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This is going to benone ov those...

..you can't judge it from 12 games.

..you can't judge it by one season.

So now what? Judge it by 7 years? lol

Domi problem is that he whines more then he produces. His lack of production dropped him to the 4th line and instead of proving the coach wrong, he whined. And whined. And got traded.

Good riddance and good luck....to the next team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Anderson is underpaid. Guy has 40-goal potential with a non-defensive coach.
Once again HF takes a massive L

Anderson>Domi
I am admittedly impressed at the rate of speed at which the narrative has gone from "Anderson is an injured nobody, Jackets fans are just being homers when they say he's actually good" to "Anderson is amazing and badass and HF was wrong all along". I mean, seriously, we told y'all this. We were saying it for months upon months in thread after thread after thread. Do we get any credit for that, or is it going to be just all self-back-patting?

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
I am admittedly impressed at the rate of speed at which the narrative has gone from "Anderson is an injured nobody, Jackets fans are just being homers when they say he's actually good" to "Anderson is amazing and badass and HF was wrong all along". I mean, seriously, we told y'all this. We were saying it for months upon months in thread after thread after thread. Do we get any credit for that, or is it going to be just all self-back-patting?

I put no blame on CBJ fans, I was talking about fans from other teams shitting on the trade because it was the Habs.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Max Domi really was a one season wonder. I didn't want to believe it, but it's true. He's just not that good of a player.
Hes slowly finding his way. I think as a pest hes one of those guys who is hurt a little more with no fans but hes been trying to create his own stuff after whistles and getting more engaged. He has a big oppurtunity with Laine around so ifhe finds any chemistry it could be huge for him. He almost seems allergic to shooting but has big playmaking ability and is getting moved back to wing by Torts

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I said Anderson reminds me of early LeClair and was laughed at.

Whose laughing now?

Imagine him with motivated PLD and off wing Perry. As it is he's playing with two skilled guys, but they are no bulls. In fact, if Drouin wasn't softer then hot butter, that line would be top 10 in the league.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
I didn't really see any CBJ fans talking smack about Anderson. It was all other fans.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I didn't really see any CBJ fans talking smack about Anderson. It was all other fans.

Yeah, Jackets fans don't typically shit on players who leave here.*

Anderson was a fan favorite, but most people expected or wanted him to be traded to improve our center depth (I wasn't one of them). However, that doesn't mean we threw bombs on the way out. We liked what he brought. It's a shame Jarmo settled on Max Domi.

Could go down as the worst Jackets trade in franchise history.

* Unless you quit on the team.

Reactions: HabsAddict

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hes slowly finding his way. I think as a pest hes one of those guys who is hurt a little more with no fans but hes been trying to create his own stuff after whistles and getting more engaged. He has a big oppurtunity with Laine around so ifhe finds any chemistry it could be huge for him. He almost seems allergic to shooting but has big playmaking ability and is getting moved back to wing by Torts
Domi hasnt shown the pest emotion since he got elbowed by Pietrangelo. He became the player Arizona didn't want.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I mean, I have nothing against Domi. I wish him the best and hope he succeeds. As a habs fan I’m just happy with the return obviously but again, not that domi is a bad person or player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad