Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Alex Radulov (1 year, $5.750M AAV)

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Best player available, best deal, well done Habs!

I'm surprised he accepted a such discount!

Last edited:

splot

Jun 12, 2014
I hardly watch any KHL games, but I haven't seen any signs that he's a more mature person in international play. In one game he'd be by far the best player on the ice, the next he'd put hardly any effort in and do nothing but take the dumbest penalties you've ever seen.

I'd call this contract high risk/high reward for the next season. Sure, no risk long term, but if you thought PK had issues when things don't goes his way you haven't seen anything yet. On the other hand, if he meshes well with the team and coaching staff he could very well be in the top 10 scoring next year, he's that good.

BoardsOfFun

Oct 20, 2015
Best player available, best deal, well done Habs!

I'm surprised he accepted a such discount!

played junior in quebec
played with weber
so to him it's like coming back home

and for those knocking the subban deal, the many times I've seen subban play he was
- coughing up the puck ie: hogging it then fumblimg
- stumbling around and blaming his skates all the time
- taking stupid penalties

the one thing Subban excels at is not his speed or his shot, he's just barely above average in those, what he's really amazing at is spotting an open forward down ice.

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Habs fans, will he most likely be playing with Galchenyuk?

Good question. My feeling is Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher did quite well when they put them together, and that they will remain.

Radulov can play LW or RW. In any case, that leaves plekanec as his likely centre. As for the other winger, your guess is good as mine. Habs don't have that final guy to round out the top 6 unless a young guy steps in. Shaw may be another option if they put radulov on left wing.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
I hardly watch any KHL games, but I haven't seen any signs that he's a more mature person in international play. In one game he'd be by far the best player on the ice, the next he'd put hardly any effort in and do nothing but take the dumbest penalties you've ever seen.

The only true fact are his dumb misconduct penalties.
Radulov play with 100% effort. He isn't a floater.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
I'm predicting at least 2-3 'discussion worthy' incidents by Radulov this season. I doubt that he's more mature now.

Seriously, why trading Subban who was a stud himself just to sign a guy where you can expect personal issues? Not that clever. But we'll see how this one plays out.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Radulov will most likely play with Plekanec and Andrighetto, and Plekanec will drag both of them down.

BoardsOfFun

Oct 20, 2015
I'm predicting at least 2-3 'discussion worthy' incidents by Radulov this season. I doubt that he's more mature now.

Seriously, why trading Subban who was a stud himself just to sign a guy where you can expect personal issues? Not that clever. But we'll see how this one plays out.

subban was/is one of the most over-rated players in the league, babcock knew perfectly well why he benched him in sochi

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
To me this was just Radulov putting a foot between the door type of a deal and the next contract will be the one he was talking about more money more years and in a team where he thinks he's able to win a championship, so he's probably gonna try to prove something to det with this

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
Seeing all these contracts handed out makes me really glad for this deal - great player and just a one year contract as well.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006

I believe he is more mature now, simply based on the fact that he's got a kid now and he wants to be an example for him.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
As long as Habs fans understand that this is a patch and Radulov will not resign if he has a good season.

He is more than likely going to ask for Ovechkin money if he tears it up this season. Or polar opposite, if he sucks we will never see him again in the NHL

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Weber is a better player than Subban, no question. He's older though. Bur right now he's not "old"

A lot of people say Subban is better, but when you look at it objectively their point totals over the past 3 seasons are pretty similar with Weber having a huge edge in goal scoring. Weber is also much more physical and better defensively. Subban is a much better at skating, playmaking and controlling the puck, but I'm not sure that outweighs what Weber brings to the table as a defenseman. They are very close right now I'd say and long term Subban should be better because of age, but for the next few seasons atleast I don't think they will be worse off with Weber on the team. This next season with Radulov and assuming Price is healthy I think Montreal could be a pretty decent team.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011

Yes, that's what Radulov is. I highly doubt that it will change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad