Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Alex Radulov (1 year, $5.750M AAV)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Alex Galchenyuk, not Radulov.

Thank you Habsawce!

For the record, most from Hockeydb.com

Alex Galchenyuk
Center -- shoots L
Born Feb 12 1994 -- Milwaukee, WI
[22 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 205 [188 cm/93 kg]

Alex played for the Sarnia Sting from 2010-13, overlapping with his dad for 2 years.
He played for Montreal from 2012-2016.

His dad is:

Alexander Galchenyuk
Center -- shoots L
Born Jul 29 1967 -- Minsk, Belarus
[48 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 195 [185 cm/88 kg]

Dad played 7 years for Moscow Dynamo, followed by 2 seasons in Milwaukee 1992-94. Those were two of the top seasons for attendance in Milwaukee. The team averaged over 9K fans a game both seasons. Then he went a bunch of places ending with St Petersburg SKA in 2003-4. He was an assistant coach for the Sarnia Sting from 2011-13, while son Alex played there.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Your missing the whole point of Radulov walking out on the team that Weber was the captain of.

Where did I say Radulov wouldn't be a good fit? I said he's volatile and the leader of the Habs (now Weber) will have some obvious ill will with him.

I said it was a good signing (trying to show some non-bias) do yourself a favour and at least take your Hab glasses off.

They got a great player, but if you don't think he's volatile then your being willfully blind.

There is no way he signed Radulov without speaking to Weber first.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
watch radulov score 100 points and everyone here gonna be like "what attitude problem, we love the guy"

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Radulov with top 6 minutes and his share of PP time, no problem to hit the 20 goals, 50 pts marks.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Signs in Colorado - great low risk signing, high potential

Signs in Montreal - typical Russian, overrated, overpaid.

Let's just see how he does fellas.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Radulov will most likely play with Plekanec and Andrighetto, and Plekanec will drag both of them down.

Radulov will play with Galchenyuk on the first line. If i'm MT, i let Gallagher sparks Plekanec.

JA

Has anyone mentioned that Alex and CSKA Moscow reached Game 7 of the KHL Finals this past postseason?

They lost a heart-breaker to Metallurg. Both Zaitsev and Radulov must really want to play in the NHL to leave their championship contender. Alex was in tears when they lost the match. It would have been his second Gagarin Cup (KHL championship).

I've never understood why people call him lazy. He is a fierce competitor. He hates to lose. The problem was always with his off-ice demeanor.

He still plays at a very high level. Expect him to be a big, strong playmaker with nifty hands and terrific edge work. He can play a physical, gritty game that involves hits and he can sneak towards the front of the net for a garbage goal, but he also likes to set up along the right half wall and quarterback the offense from there. He has a one-timer as well as an accurate wrist shot. His stick work is very smooth. He will impress.

Last edited by a moderator:

tohaa

Apr 23, 2012
Radulov with top 6 minutes and his share of PP time, no problem to hit the 20 goals, 50 pts marks.

Something he did as a 21-year-old play 16 min average? Of his 58 points only 6 were on the PP. Yeah, he easily gets 50 points. Look at Panarin's success in the NHL... are people not aware that Radulov is a much better player?

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
Let the guy play before sawing his legs off.. Honestly, this could be such a great signing and addition to the team. You're not getting a Semin type who recently had a big contract and now has to play for pocket change to prove he is good. youre getting a guy who clearly wants to be in mtl and to prove to the world how good he is. Motivated Radulov is scary

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Has anyone mentioned that Alex and CSKA Moscow reached Game 7 of the KHL Finals this past postseason?

They lost a heart-breaker to Metallurg. Both Zaitsev and Radulov must really want to play in the NHL to leave their championship contender. Alex was in tears when they lost the match. It would have been his second Gagarin Cup (KHL championship).

I've never understood why people call him lazy. He is a fierce competitor. He hates to lose. The problem was always with his off-ice demeanor.

He still plays at a very high level. Expect him to be a big, strong playmaker with nifty hands and terrific edge work. He can play a physical, gritty game that involves hits and he can sneak towards the front of the net for a garbage goal, but he also likes to set up along the right half wall and quarterback the offense from there. He has a one-timer as well as an accurate wrist shot. His stick work is very smooth. He will impress.

Because they themselves are lazy and incapable of rational thought, instead of actually doing some research on him they resort to blanket statements and xenophobia.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Something he did as a 21-year-old play 16 min average? Of his 58 points only 6 were on the PP. Yeah, he easily gets 50 points. Look at Panarin's success in the NHL... are people not aware that Radulov is a much better player?

NHL has changed a little bit since that. On the other hand, if Panarin transited that well, why Radulov wouldn't? He always had a better statistics in the KHL, than Breadman.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I call him lazy because I watched every game he played in the NHL and without the puck on his stick he half assed it, especially in the playoffs. Buy I'm sure he is a changed man.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö

Great post Jets.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Frankly, he hasn't had a chance to win at the NHL level.

He has a Memorial Cup and was named the Memorial Cup MVP; he clinched the Memorial Cup with a five-point performance in the championship game. He has a Gargarin Cup (KHL Championship) and is a three-time KHL MVP. He is a point-per-game player in the KHL playoffs, and is nearly a point-per-game player in the NHL playoffs with 14 points in 18 playoff games with the Nashville Predators.

He has two World Championship gold medals as well.

At the 2014 Sochi Olympics, he was Team Russia's best player, finishing two points behind the tournament leader in points.

He might have been very arrogant off-ice, but he plays with determination. He isn't lazy.

People made stupid assumptions about him because of the dumb stereotypes about Russian Players. Dude is an elite forward. I dislike Bergevin as much as the next dude but this is a great signing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
watch radulov score 100 points and everyone here gonna be like "what attitude problem, we love the guy"

Nah. Then it'll be 'look at this arrogant pr*ck, scoring so much that he's making good ol canadian boys feel bad.'

Hope Rads goes all Kane 2015-2016 on the NHL this season. He's a ton of fun to watch and this league is better off with him in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad