Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Alex Radulov (1 year, $5.750M AAV)

Selke

Apr 11, 2009
Zero risk signing. This could be huge for Montreal or make barely any difference at all.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
As a big Remparts fan, :yo:WHEEEEEEE :yo:

As a kid was good here, he really enjoyed his time here. If the reports that his child and time as a captain in the KHL helped him mature, and his head is at the point where his hands are, this is a massive bargain. Especially seeing what a guy like Ladd got.

We'll have to however be patient - KHL to NHL takes a bit of adjustment. I hope fans won't be on his back too fast if his first 10 games are lackluster.

Also, in Québec he was a massive playoff performer. Let's hope he hasn't lost that, because we're in dire need of strong playoff performance up front.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Low risk move. Worst case he's this year's Semin.

fd7268eab81550159f9c0e60b23edb94.gif

I'm sure its been posted in the thread earlier, but I'm late to the party. Very interested to see what happens to this team this year.

Can anyone actually defend this?

Sure. He was frustrated and went to slam his stick against the glass- but he didn't know the coach was there.

You can see him put his hand up in an apologetic manner.

Hornqvist shoved an equipment manager out of his way in the playoffs and everyone dismissed it. The issue for Montreal is that Radulov won't get the benefit of the doubt because of his track record.

Great player, though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Shipachyov - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

I leave room for Scherback, Reway, Lehkonen, Hudon, McCarron, and De La Rose to shuffle the deck a bit. Gonna be able to force a few trades at the start of the year.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
In the world cup of hockey, where the games being played are much different. Also, just because they're picked doesn't mean they're better. Jake Muzzin was selected over Subban, does that mean Muzzin is also better? No, they just felt it was a better fit. Team Canada has been anal about their RD/LD combination since Babcock became their HC, so the whole Weber>Subban argument because of a bloody WC roster selection needs to be laid to rest.
Why they both play right if subban or weber played opposite sides they wouldn't be compared because of the l/r thing but they don't.

Better argument is the big tournaments tend to be big 1 game elimination games so the safer players have more worth. Were if it was 7 games the more risky players have an easier time of being more worthwhile.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Why they both play right

Well, they both play right defence. But I'm just saying, it had alot to do with the omission of Subban from the team. Regardless, I still think using the Team Canada WC roster selections as justification that Weber is better than Subban is silly. Is Brad Marchand better than Taylor Hall? There's loads of examples in which the fit of a certain player puts them ahead of another. Subban is a good example of that.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Well, they both play right defence. But I'm just saying, it had alot to do with the omission of Subban from the team. Regardless, I still think using the Team Canada WC roster selections as justification that Weber is better than Subban is silly. Is Brad Marchand better than Taylor Hall? There's loads of examples in which the fit of a certain player puts them ahead of another. Subban is a good example of that.
it's just cuz it's 1 game knockouts the subbans and letangs have less value because they can take a big risk play and lose the tournament while the boring defense won't score as much but chances are they won't lose a game.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Shipachyov - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

I leave room for Scherback, Reway, Lehkonen, Hudon, McCarron, and De La Rose to shuffle the deck a bit. Gonna be able to force a few trades at the start of the year.

haha :) You are kidding yourself if you think Therrien doesn't give Desharnais top minutes.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Best free agent available. Wish my team signed him, but of course you have the huge Russian factor.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Geez who took a bigger risk today: Edmonton with 7 years of Lucic or Habs with 1 year of Radulov.

worst case scenario he doesnt pan out and he`s waived in mid season but if it does work out, he possibly can be our best foward.

Hate the player all you want, the guy has talent, and with a one year contract, its low risk/high reward. I dont see how anyone can ***** about the terms.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Semin was a low risk/high reward signing with his 1 mil salary. This is almost 6 mil.

so? Habs are not up against the cap. The signing of Redmond and Montoya means that one or perhaps 2 players are on their way out and it Molson`s money so who cares if he gets 5.75. Detroit was offering almost that amount for 2 years.

5.75 at multiple years, I`d be concern, but this is a one year deal. Out of the book next year at this time.

SvenBaertschi

Not Sven Baerschi
Aug 19, 2012
He did not hit the coach. The coach himself said it was nothing.

In the video it definitely looked like he had intent. He took a quick look then whacked the dude. Even if it was an accident he should've apologized?
Such an awkward motion why would he swing backwards with such force? just so so odd if accidental.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
In the video it definitely looked like he had intent. He took a quick look then whacked the dude. Even if it was an accident he should've apologized?
Such an awkward motion why would he swing backwards with such force? just so so odd if accidental.
He did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad