Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Alex Radulov (1 year, $5.750M AAV)

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Obviously Radulov is a good hockey player, but MTL fans have to see the irony in trading for a player to increase leadership and then bringing in a known headcase who walked out on the guy they brought in....

Either way he's a great player and Montreal needed scorers.

Volatile, but still a good signing

Seriously,

What the **** with linking Subban and Radulov?

Subban was not a fit with the player that were here.

Does that assume that Radulov will not fit?

Now, because the habs traded Subban (and mainly because they were offered Shea Weber.), they can't sign and try a "problematic" player?

Those are some funny assomptions

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
radulov will talk with markov alot and the rookie 8th overall dman.

there was no russians in nashville when he played with them now haha.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Can Radulov even handle playing in the NHL? This is so similar to the Canadiens taking a chance on Alex Semin. :amazed:

The only thing similar is the 1 year deal. What else do they have in commun, they were both born in Russia? I guess you're going somewhere here

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Seriously,

What the **** with linking Subban and Radulov?

Subban was not a fit with the player that were here.

Does that assume that Radulov will not fit?

Now, because the habs traded Subban (and mainly because they were offered Shea Weber.), they can't sign and try a "problematic" player?

Those are some funny assomptions

Your missing the whole point of Radulov walking out on the team that Weber was the captain of.

Where did I say Radulov wouldn't be a good fit? I said he's volatile and the leader of the Habs (now Weber) will have some obvious ill will with him.

I said it was a good signing (trying to show some non-bias) do yourself a favour and at least take your Hab glasses off.

They got a great player, but if you don't think he's volatile then your being willfully blind.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Can Radulov even handle playing in the NHL? This is so similar to the Canadiens taking a chance on Alex Semin. :amazed:

You compare Radulov with Semin?
Even when Semin was in his top form, Radulov was a superior player. Now the difference if much bigger. Semin slowed, while Radulov is still at 100%.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Your missing the whole point of Radulov walking out on the team that Weber was the captain of.

Where did I say Radulov wouldn't be a good fit? I said he's volatile and the leader of the Habs (now Weber) will have some obvious ill will with him.

I said it was a good signing (trying to show some non-bias) do yourself a favour and at least take your Hab glasses off.

They got a great player, but if you don't think he's volatile then your being willfully blind.

Weber is one the main reasons why radulov is in Montreal.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
You compare Radulov with Semin?
Even when Semin was in his top form, Radulov was a superior player. Now the difference if much bigger. Semin slowed, while Radulov is still at 100%.

Radulov is a top 3 Russian in the world. Semin was shot. A shell of his former self. His wrist were done.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
radulov will talk with markov alot and the rookie 8th overall dman.

there was no russians in nashville when he played with them now haha.

We have Markov, Emelin, Galchenyuk in our roster, and we have Scherbak and Sergachev that will be nhlers in a year or two.

Hopefully, we sign Shipachev too :yo:

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com

Maybe Bergevin talked to Weber about this before the signing?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Not sure how NA refs will deal with Radulov, he argues every call made on his team and not made on the other.
he is emotional beyond believe, to a point, that it is almost not good for the team.
He tends to hold the puck for too long and coughs up a puck in the worst situation, especially on PP.
With all that he has tremendous skill, vision and passion for the game.

You will learn to love and hate him at the same time.

JA

Radulov is a high-end puck handler, and he protects the puck well with his body. He thinks pass-first, but is also a very capable goal scorer. He gets into traffic to score goals and is able to beat players one-on-one.

Of course, he turns 30 years old a few days from now, but Canadiens fans should be excited. His on-ice contributions were not a problem in his previous NHL stints. He will perform at the highest level he is capable of. His off-ice issues have always been the primary concern, but he says that he has matured and wants to be a role model now for his child. There is a lot to look forward to.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I think he'll do well for Montreal. Talented player. I bet he puts up 60+ points next season.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Weber is a professional, and the Habs invested so much in him he could take his ill will and shove it wherever he'd want. Lindros played with Kasparaitis ffs.
And Bergevin said he had talked to Weber beforehand.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Can you please get a fresh opinion on Radulov? You're referring to something that happened 4 years ago. He's a different person, himself stating getting married and becoming a father changed him for the better (Happens to any man, hockey player or otherwise).

Maybe Bergevin talked to Weber about this before the signing?

MB did indeed talk with Weber. Weber told him that Radulov's issues were never his attitude, but his maturity. A person can mature. But a person with a bad attitude is very hard to change.

MB also got in touch with Sergei Federov (Radulov's GM in KHL). He said how Radulov's changed and has become a great leader on and off the ice.

Habs did their due diligence on this one.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
Rivalry aside, coming at this as a hockey fan, seeing the complete flip some of you habs fans have on PK is outright ridiculous, I hated when we did it with Seguin and I think this bothers me more given that pk is my favorite player. Your organization screwed him over not the other way around. To trash his character while praising Radulov is at best, hypocritical. Seriously the spin you guys are buying is awful. He was the habs and loved your city more than anything, and your gm and coach screwed him over for their own pride.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Can you please get a fresh opinion on Radulov? You're referring to something that happened 4 years ago. He's a different person, himself stating getting married and becoming a father changed him for the better (Happens to any man, hockey player or otherwise).

MB did indeed talk with Weber. Weber told him that Radulov's issues were never his attitude, but his maturity. A person can mature. But a person with a bad attitude is very hard to change.

MB also got in touch with Sergei Federov (Radulov's GM in KHL). He said how Radulov's changed and has become a great leader on and off the ice.

Habs did their due diligence on this one.

Hopefully they did.

I can't express enough how I'm just raising that there is most certainly some signs of being volatile there.

I have no idea what Radulov is like. I don't know what he's been doing. Never claimed that I did.

I simply inferred that there could be some ill will between him and Weber (a fair assumption) and that he could be volatile given his history. If he proves he's matured like you said he has then I'm sure it'll be fine. I didn't criticize the move, I just said he's volatile, which his history has shown.

If you read my OP I didn't say it was a dumb move lol.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Fair assumption that there's ill will? From what I've read, they like each other. I'd assume friendship, not ill will.

Isn't it Weber who's stood up for him?

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Fair assumption that there's ill will? From what I've read, they like each other. I'd assume friendship, not ill will.

Isn't it Weber who's stood up for him?

That's what others are saying so I could have been wrong. I remember there being a big blow out when he left Nashville and I remember Weber commenting on it (can't find any articles, so maybe I'm wrong).

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Rivalry aside, coming at this as a hockey fan, seeing the complete flip some of you habs fans have on PK is outright ridiculous, I hated when we did it with Seguin and I think this bothers me more given that pk is my favorite player. Your organization screwed him over not the other way around. To trash his character while praising Radulov is at best, hypocritical. Seriously the spin you guys are buying is awful. He was the habs and loved your city more than anything, and your gm and coach screwed him over for their own pride.

Ah, most of the fans are mega pissed off with that awful, awful trade.

JA

The Russian Mike Riberio. Talented, will put up points, can't win with him.
Frankly, he hasn't had a chance to win at the NHL level.

He has a Memorial Cup and was named the Memorial Cup MVP; he clinched the Memorial Cup with a five-point performance in the championship game. He has a Gargarin Cup (KHL Championship) and is a three-time KHL MVP. He is a point-per-game player in the KHL playoffs, and is nearly a point-per-game player in the NHL playoffs with 14 points in 18 playoff games with the Nashville Predators.

He has two World Championship gold medals as well.

At the 2014 Sochi Olympics, he was Team Russia's best player, finishing two points behind the tournament leader in points.

He might have been very arrogant off-ice, but he plays with determination. He isn't lazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->