Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Alex Radulov (1 year, $5.750M AAV)

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
If he drops his ego and go on with the team this is great deal. Though, did not expect it to be with Canadiens.

Radulov is a beast.

Habidelidoo

Aug 3, 2005
As long as Habs fans understand that this is a patch and Radulov will not resign if he has a good season.

If he has a good season, Habs are the front-runners for re-signing him.

Russians adore the place and the crowd.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
I'm willing to see if he's matured and a one year deal will show if he's done with the antics he's shown in the past. It will be an interesting year for sure.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Looking forward to Rads coming back to the NHL. He still has something to proove and that is why he is back. So much talent and a one year deal. Nothing to loose for a team struggeling offensively.

Back with his friend Weber es well. :D

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
Bold, but he's always been very good in playoffs.

He is very good at giving his captain a concussion during the playoffs,by jumping on him during a goal celebration.just ask Jason Arnott.also Montreal needs to keep him out of the bars during the playoffs to,he can cost them a playoff series

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
fd7268eab81550159f9c0e60b23edb94.gif

I'm sure its been posted in the thread earlier, but I'm late to the party. Very interested to see what happens to this team this year.

I can, that coach has more balls than all the idiot divers in this league who feign death when a stick gets near their face now a days. Quick arms up, and back to business :yo:

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I can see why a lot of people are jealous about this signing. Radulov is probably the most talented free agent. But rest assured, probably no other FA wanted to sign in MTL and they had nearly 10M free. So either taking the risk on Radulov or not using that free space under cap, choice was simple. Signing him for 1 year was a great move and 2 years would have been a high risk/high reward and only then, people could have said it was a strange decision...

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
I can see why a lot of people are jealous about this signing. Radulov is probably the most talented free agent. But rest assured, probably no other FA wanted to sign in MTL and they had nearly 10M free. So either taking the risk on Radulov or not using that free space under cap, choice was simple. Signing him for 1 year was a great move and 2 years would have been a high risk/high reward and only then, people could have said it was a strange decision...

Lol,if you think people are jealous about Montreal signing Alex Radulov.He isn't all that and unless he has changed,then he will be a locker room cancer like he was in Nashville.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I wont even pretend to know how this will work out but are people basing everything on reputation from like 10 years ago.

Id love for everyone here to be based off a time of life when they were possibly their immaturist

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

I'd be very confident to say that no opposing team's fan is jealous of this signing and :facepalm: he wasn't the most talented UFA either (Stamkos, anyone?). That's absolute nonsense. That said, I wouldn't be so quick to be dismissive about Radulov. He did quite well for his KHL team this last season from what I gather and it'd be interesting to see how he does in the NHL after a long layoff.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Best player available, best deal, well done Habs!

I'm surprised he accepted a such discount!

Sold himself shockingly cheap! Not so much signing for less money than Loui Ericsson, but the fact that it was just a one-year deal. IF Montreal opts not to offer him an extension at the end of this season, he will take a huge pay cut going back to the KHL, where he will be viewed as damaged goods with no leverage! For someone who is without question the best hockey player in the World outside of the NHL, it really seems like a stupid decision to take a one-year deal for peanuts.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd be very confident to say that no opposing team's fan is jealous of this signing and :facepalm: he wasn't the most talented UFA either (Stamkos, anyone?). That's absolute nonsense. That said, I wouldn't be so quick to be dismissive about Radulov. He did quite well for his KHL team this last season from what I gather and it'd be interesting to see how he does in the NHL after a long layoff.

Stamkos was not an unrestricted free agent July 1st.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
LOL at the Canadiens, traded away Subban and signed Radulov. Good luck with that.

Lol at your team that isn't allowed to spend anywhere near the cap. Enjoy your last three years of Karlsson until he signs with a relevant NHL team that is willing to spend money to try and be competitive.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Sold himself shockingly cheap! Not so much signing for less money than Loui Ericsson, but the fact that it was just a one-year deal. IF Montreal opts not to offer him an extension at the end of this season, he will take a huge pay cut going back to the KHL, where he will be viewed as damaged goods with no leverage! For someone who is without question the best hockey player in the World outside of the NHL, it really seems like a stupid decision to take a one-year deal for peanuts.

He was making 9.2 annually on his last deal... I doubt one year in the US would make KHL teams sour on him that much, he's still a legend over there and will only be 30. Besides, if he has a good year and Montreal doesn't renew his contract, there will be plenty of other NHL teams willing to sign him.

No1Joker

May 11, 2009
Helsinki
Gratz Montreal!

Best free agent available, wanting to go to Montreal means he knows it will be the hardest place to play so i think his over the shenanigans.

Immensely talented player who can do it all and plays his heart out and makes players around him better. I believe he will be one of the best players in NHL. This is great news for all hockey fans, he deserves to be here!

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Obviously Radulov is a good hockey player, but MTL fans have to see the irony in trading for a player to increase leadership and then bringing in a known headcase who walked out on the guy they brought in....

Either way he's a great player and Montreal needed scorers.

Volatile, but still a good signing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad