OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Disney fired him because they had no balls and wanted to show they weren't going to stand for it.

Then Disney couldn't find a director, multiple people turned it down because to take over after 2 were out, would be copying his style and trying to do his movie his style and get crap for it.

Then Disney finally gives in, hires him back.

Disney then shoves their entire fist up the idiot fan bases asses and says "We were never looking for a new director this whole time guys!! Don't hate us now!!"

I am honestly only glad he's still doing Suicide Squad.
I don't care about the politics of it. I just want a good movie.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I watched that Netflix Jake Gyllenhaal (spelling?) movie called Velvet Buzzsaw last night. Was hoping it'd be close to the level of Nightcrawler.

It wasn't. It was horrible.

Reactions: orby

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
Remember when there were hardly any super hero movies being made? Of course CGI helps a lot but still, it's all big budget franchises now.

I own a VHS copy of
51HM4ZWA4FL._SY445_.jpg

I really don't recommend watching this shit attempt at movie making, most good super hero good flicks came around Batman but cases can be made for some Reeves Superman films i guess.

I also own a VHS copy of
MV5BNjE1ZDYyNDAtNzQ1My00YjM0LWI5ZWItNTBmMDg2Nzg2ZmNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Which i also don't recommend but this one is actually watchable after a couple of beers and Slater certainly isn't a sore to the eyes!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't care about the politics of it. I just want a good movie.
The politics of it isn't what bothers me.

The whole weak ass easy out that they constantly create. It's hard to feel shit when you know the outcome is always gonna be for the good guys with minor repercussions because they're desperate for money over a good story.

Hay guys we're gonna kill people....for one movie. No worries we'll reverse it with this easy rewrite of a character that can...I won't spoil it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I watched that Netflix Jake Gyllenhaal (spelling?) movie called Velvet Buzzsaw last night. Was hoping it'd be close to the level of Nightcrawler.

It wasn't. It was horrible.
Netflix is hit or miss.

Stuff like Russian Doll, umbrella Academy, etc is great. But they also have huge misses too. Like any other studio really.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The politics of it isn't what bothers me.

The whole weak ass easy out that they constantly create. It's hard to feel **** when you know the outcome is always gonna be for the good guys with minor repercussions because they're desperate for money over a good story.

Hay guys we're gonna kill people....for one movie. No worries we'll reverse it with this easy rewrite of a character that can...I won't spoil it.

The outcome is for the good guys in the vast vast vast majority of movies ever made. And they've had plenty of repercussions for the characters, especially recently. Cap lost everyone he ever knew, was betrayed by his government, then had to turn against his friends to stick to his morals and to protect Bucky. Tony is a completely different person after the amount of death he's been apart of causing both before and after becoming Iron Man. Thor lost his father, home planet, and the majority of his people.

Honestly, I just don't know what you expect. Do you need characters to die to consider it a repercussion?
She's ****ing made from an infinity stone. That's ****ing garbage bro. Garbage. I hate you for liking this ****. Be better Ogre. You're better than this. I almost wanted to leave when I saw what they were doing.
I don't see the problem with that being how she got her powers. It's not new. The same was true for Wanda and Pietro, and Vision was basically a living Infinity Stone vessel. And especially with respect to Captain Marvel, it's pretty much irrelevant to this movie.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Most of these films made to seem political / social in the marketing and media lead-up just end up being... not that. But I haven’t seen Captain Marvel and honestly don’t plan to.. there’s like 5 other super hero films I still need to watch and I’d never even heard of the character before like a month ago.

Mostly I just don’t get into superhero films.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Netflix is hit or miss.

Stuff like Russian Doll, umbrella Academy, etc is great. But they also have huge misses too. Like any other studio really.

I've been working through Brooklyn 99. On season 5 now.

Have watched the F1 Netflix series too. There's a Ricky Gervais series on there that I might look at watching too

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just realized Legion season 2 is up on Hulu finally. I need to watch that. Season 1 is only 8 episodes, I kind of want to rewatch that first. I loved season 1, I hope season 2 is good too. Curious to see how they go forward considering how they changed some pretty key parts of the character.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've been working through Brooklyn 99. On season 5 now.

Have watched the F1 Netflix series too. There's a Ricky Gervais series on there that I might look at watching too
F1 and Gervais show is good. 99 isn't a Netflix show. It's a show that is now on Netflix.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just realized Legion season 2 is up on Hulu finally. I need to watch that. Season 1 is only 8 episodes, I kind of want to rewatch that first. I loved season 1, I hope season 2 is good too. Curious to see how they go forward considering how they changed some pretty key parts of the character.
Lmao.

It's cancelled mate.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It got too convoluted.
I'd buy that. It honestly should have probably been a 1 off mini-series type. I'd love for them to do that with more shows. Make it a series for the lesser known or harder to adapt characters. It's hard to fit some into the big overarching world of the movies or shows, it's hard to boil some down to 2 hours, and it's hard to make some in to long lasting series. Get some 1-off series.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd buy that. It honestly should have probably been a 1 off mini-series type. I'd love for them to do that with more shows. Make it a series for the lesser known or harder to adapt characters. It's hard to fit some into the big overarching world of the movies or shows, it's hard to boil some down to 2 hours, and it's hard to make some in to long lasting series. Get some 1-off series.
Well the character is one of the most powerful beings in all of marvel. I agree it should have been a one off miniseries and then they could just pick the juicy stuff to show. It dragged at times too much for me.

Outcast was similar with pacing.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well the character is one of the most powerful beings in all of marvel. I agree it should have been a one off miniseries and then they could just pick the juicy stuff to show. It dragged at times too much for me.

Outcast was similar with pacing.
I don't know if season 2 explains it or anything, but I don't like that
he's not actually crazy, it was all the shadow king.
That was kinda the whole characters I thought.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Both.

One where she's a cop and the other where she's a single mother and sex therapist.
She was too fat and a red head and the fox people wanted to cast a sexy bendy curvy blonde to play Scully.
Look how far she came. Doesn't she live in England too because she hates the whole LA scene?
Kudos to GA.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
She was too fat and a red head and the fox people wanted to cast a sexy bendy curvy blonde to play Scully.
Look how far she came. Doesn't she live in England too because she hates the whole LA scene?
Kudos to GA.

Don't you dare speak ill of her. Gillian Anderson is gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad