OT: Movies are basically flipbooks for adults (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thraed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The only superhero I care about is John Wick because he seems like a total tool but has a good tailor and I'm okay with that.
Total tool? Seems like he has his shit in order. You killed his dog so he killed everyone. What's not to understand? Also, Wick is like a DC character, dark and sad.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wait, the Black Widow movie is gonna have Scarjo as the lead? LMAO...

She is NOT a lead. Florence is 100x the actor that Scarlett is and will out act her ass in the movie. This is gonna be hilarious. Like Captain Marvel, only reason Brie's horrific acting was palatable was because of the insane supporting cast around her, she was literally the worst thing in the movie.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Wait, the Black Widow movie is gonna have Scarjo as the lead? LMAO...

She is NOT a lead. Florence is 100x the actor that Scarlett is and will out act her ass in the movie. This is gonna be hilarious. Like Captain Marvel, only reason Brie's horrific acting was palatable was because of the insane supporting cast around her, she was literally the worst thing in the movie.
Brie was solid I thought, though she's not good at the action parts. Especially just running, oddly enough. And ScarJo does a good job in the marvel movies imo. She's such a weird actress because she's so bad in some things and then phenomenal in others (Under the Skin, Lost in Translation, Her if you count voice acting).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey man, Wonder Woman was fun and Aquaman was a lot better than anyone will ever admit.

Not everything can be as good as ....

Edit: oh ****, that 2nd one is the whole damn movie, lmao...

hey, all the old superhero movies except the original Batman are terrible :laugh:

I still need to see Aquaman. And I did like WW. I have hope that DC can get their shit together.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Brie was solid I thought, though she's not good at the action parts. Especially just running, oddly enough. And ScarJo does a good job in the marvel movies imo. She's such a weird actress because she's so bad in some things and then phenomenal in others (Under the Skin, Lost in Translation, Her if you count voice acting).
Brie has this stupid look her face that she does in everything she is in. United States of Tara was the only thing I ever found her enjoyable in.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
hey, all the old superhero movies except the original Batman are terrible :laugh:

I still need to see Aquaman. And I did like WW. I have hope that DC can get their **** together.
I think if you saw Aquaman and from the looks of the Shazam movie, that will be 3 solid movies in a row and whatever Suicide Squad will be, you know it will be good with Gunn at the helm.

I am happy with the direction they've taken.

They NEEDED to bomb the f*** out of the joint to drive home the fact that you hire directors to make their vision of the movie, not f*** with it out of fear you won't be as good as the shop next door that is selling the same shit.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
She is fantastic in Room and Short Term 12. And she's good in Scott Pilgrim too.
mbDEXmR.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think if you saw Aquaman and from the looks of the Shazam movie, that will be 3 solid movies in a row and whatever Suicide Squad will be, you know it will be good with Gunn at the helm.

I am happy with the direction they've taken.

They NEEDED to bomb the **** out of the joint to drive home the fact that you hire directors to make their vision of the movie, not **** with it out of fear you won't be as good as the shop next door that is selling the same ****.
Yeah Shazam looks good, and I have faith in Gunn. I'll be thrilled if he can make it even close to as good as GotG.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Ogrezilla

Honestly, my only worry is what they do with Batman right now.

Absolutely no studio has ever gotten "Bruce Wayne" down at all, they nail Batman, but the reason Batman TAS is amazing is because you get to know Bruce and Batman.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
have they said anything about plans with Batman or Superman? Or do they plan to let them rest for a bit and loop back to them later?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
have they said anything about plans with Batman or Superman? Or do they plan to let them rest for a bit and loop back to them later?
I thought they were going to show Cavill in Shazam, which would have been great. They can still use Cavill as the Superman they should have made, it can still be done. But with Batman, without Affleck, they can do something fresh as well, maybe cast a Batman closer to Cavill's age run with that.

I always really liked Richard Armitage, being a fellow brit and all, but I worry he might not be good at the Bruce aspect of it.

But if there's one guy that is f***ing good at character development right now that I can trust he won't f*** it up, it's Matt Reeves.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
that cast is out of control.
It's what killed Hateful Eight for me.

People got so horned out to be in a Tarantino movie that it felt muddled, it took several viewings to really get what Tarantino was trying to do with that movie, for me anyway.

And I usually love his movies from the get go.

The best was Nolan, but especially in Rises it came apart.

Nolan nailed Batman better than anyone. But his "Bruce" was basically glimpses, maybe the whole dreadful Rachel thing killed it for me as well as that annoying Batman voice, but yeah...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I thought they were going to show Cavill in Shazam, which would have been great. They can still use Cavill as the Superman they should have made, it can still be done. But with Batman, without Affleck, they can do something fresh as well, maybe cast a Batman closer to Cavill's age run with that.

I always really liked Richard Armitage, being a fellow brit and all, but I worry he might not be good at the Bruce aspect of it.

But if there's one guy that is ****ing good at character development right now that I can trust he won't **** it up, it's Matt Reeves.
Yeah Cavill is great actually. The casting outside of Lex Luthor has been one of DC's strengths. And honestly, even that casting made sense considering the character they had written. It just wasn't Lex Luthor.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah Cavill is great actually. The casting outside of Lex Luthor has been one of DC's strengths. And honestly, even that casting made sense considering the character they had written. It just wasn't Lex Luthor.

Jesse Eisenberg, or rather...boring Michael Cera, was such a f***ing weird choice.

I really wanted to see Deathstroke but who knows what happens now.

Edit: Meant deathstroke, not deadshot.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's what killed Hateful Eight for me.

People got so horned out to be in a Tarantino movie that it felt muddled, it took several viewings to really get what Tarantino was trying to do with that movie, for me anyway.

And I usually love his movies from the get go.
I like that movie, but it could have been better for sure. Felt the same with Django. I think Tarantino may honestly be better off with someone reigning him in a bit.
Nolan nailed Batman better than anyone. But his "Bruce" was basically glimpses, maybe the whole dreadful Rachel thing killed it for me as well as that annoying Batman voice, but yeah...
They just didn't give Bruce as much time as it really takes to develop that aspect. The downside of Begins focusing on him becoming Batman was that it didn't leave time to develop Bruce after becoming Batman. And then in The Dark Knight Batman is almost the side character with the plot revolving around Dent and Joker. Which is great, except that it left Bruce underdeveloped again. He has to be Batman almost the whole time after Joker attacks his party. And half of the Bruce scenes he's being sarcastic witty guy in the garage with Alfred. And honestly, Rises is just kind of a mess.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Jesse Eisenberg, or rather...boring Michael Cera, was such a ****ing weird choice.

I really wanted to see Deathstroke but who knows what happens now.

Edit: Meant deathstroke, not deadshot.
I actually like Jesse Eisenberg in the right movies (The Social Network, Zombieland, The End of the Tour), but that certainly wasn't it. And even then, he's playing some version of the same guy in all of those movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->