Mourinho out

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Umm, actually reading posts should tell you that no one has said he doesn't deserve credit for the trophies he's won. Let me be the first though to say that about the Inter win. Refs gave them the Semifinal. That said Inter had a very good run, but they shouldn't have been in that Final.

As for your point, Ancelotti had great talent (and money) and that translated to winning the CL with Madrid.

Edonator posts

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Umm, actually reading posts should tell you that no one has said he doesn't deserve credit for the trophies he's won. Let me be the first though to say that about the Inter win. Refs gave them the Semifinal. That said Inter had a very good run, but they shouldn't have been in that Final.

As for your point, Ancelotti had great talent (and money) and that translated to winning the CL with Madrid.

Inter deserved to win the semifinal and the final of the CL (as they did), and his point isn't disproved by Ancelotti winning the CL since, as he said, "it doesn't always translate", and he's right.

But yeah, there's nothing that can be taken away from Mourinho's accomplishments. He's fantastic at getting results and he's won trophies or leagues in every league he's managed in. He doesn't have a style that in condusive to longevity though because as soon as his teams stop getting results or get into a bad slump he throws his players under the bus, and he's not really a great man manager.

He's a guy you bring in once you've already built a team on the verge of being something special to take it over the hump. Whether you guys like to admit that or not (I'm guessing not) is entirely up to you. He's not likeable and he's not popular though so that he's a fantastic tactician and manager will go out the window for some of you.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Edonator posts

Oh, you read those? Others mentioned money as well for the record and they're spot on in bringing it up as it's relevant.

Inter deserved to win the semifinal and the final of the CL (as they did), and his point isn't disproved by Ancelotti winning the CL since, as he said, "it doesn't always translate", and he's right.

But yeah, there's nothing that can be taken away from Mourinho's accomplishments. He's fantastic at getting results and he's won trophies or leagues in every league he's managed in. He doesn't have a style that in condusive to longevity though because as soon as his teams stop getting results or get into a bad slump he throws his players under the bus, and he's not really a great man manager.

He's a guy you bring in once you've already built a team on the verge of being something special to take it over the hump. Whether you guys like to admit that or not (I'm guessing not) is entirely up to you. He's not likeable and he's not popular though so that he's a fantastic tactician and manager will go out the window for some of you.

Inter didn't deserve to win the Semifinal as they went through as a result of the refs.

Who said it disproved his point? It's just one example, a pretty damning one that is relevant to this discussion whether you like to admit that or not (I'm guessing not), that Ancelotti came in and took over largely the same side, a side that just happened to be the most expensive ever assembled, a year later and delivered a CL though.

Yeah, and when you put all of Mourinho's trophies into context they're not as impressive as most people make them out to be. You can do that with pretty much every one of them as well with some of them already having been put into context in this thread.

I never said he wasn't a good manager. In fact I've always maintained he's one of the best out there. He is however generally quite overrated because he's popular, contrary to what you claim, with people who buy into his ********* personality and who can't put his accomplishments in the proper context because they're ignorant. Your whole "hump" point is generally wrong as well.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Um, the kind of year Chelsea have been having this season should tell you that great talent (and money) doesn't always translate to winning. So Mourinho deserves credit for the trophies he's won.

You can say that the results of this season are a direct result of what he did last season stretching all of his players as thin as he did. Seems like all of their players aged +10 years over the summer and all of the life was drained out of them.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Mourinho got the short end of the stick. He's still a great manager who has won it pretty much every league he has coached. I would definitely take him over Allegrei any day of the week.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Refs gave Inter the semis?

It's not like they didn't try to bail out Barça in Camp Nou.

Inter won fair and square

Yup, that was a really good team. They were all pretty much older players exept Sneijder and Ballotelli, but they were still great.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Yeah the refs had nothing to do with Inter winning that semi...they were a great team and deserved it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You can say that the results of this season are a direct result of what he did last season stretching all of his players as thin as he did. Seems like all of their players aged +10 years over the summer and all of the life was drained out of them.

They played like they'd do anything for him last season, and played with great discipline and structure because of it. They came right out to start this season displaying none of that, and certain players appeared to look completely uninterested. Mourinho always seems to have a short shelf life, and it seems that the team just got sick of him and tuned him out.

Time for the players to step up though, or some of them are going to need to go in January as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Yeah the refs had nothing to do with Inter winning that semi...

So an offside goal is fair and square?
I'm hardly a Barca defender, but to say it was fair and square is revisionnist history.

EDIT : And IIRC, you can add an obvious pen for Alves in the first leg and a good goal denied for a phantom handball in the return leg

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So an offside goal is fair and square?
I'm hardly a Barca defender, but to say it was fair and square is revisionnist history.

You could go through any clubs run to the a title and cherry pick one incident where they benefited from a blown call, lucky bounce, other club's injury, etc. One incident doesn't discount the accomplishment.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You could go through any clubs run to the a title and cherry pick one incident where they benefited from a blown call, lucky bounce, other club's injury, etc. One incident doesn't discount the accomplishment.
I didn't discount the accomplishments. I said he benefited from obvious bad reffing in the semis.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Constantly pointing things out like that makes it sound like you are discounting the accomplishments, no matter how you want to word it.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
So if Mourinho-hating Barcelona fans say that the Mourinho-led Inter didn't deserve to go to the 2010 Final because of the refs, will they say the same about Barça in 2009?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I already went through all those Chelsea/Barca highlights but apparently, some people prefer to ignore facts.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
So if Mourinho-hating Barcelona fans say that the Mourinho-led Inter didn't deserve to go to the 2010 Final because of the refs, will they say the same about Barça in 2009?

I see one Barcelona fan here crediting and one Barcelona fan discrediting Mourinho for Inter, i.e. about the same proportions as non-Barcelona fans.

Keep painting with that broad brush though

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
anigif_mobile_7034670b8dbf2f59683bdc001263293b-15.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad