Mourinho out

Ugmo

Oct 24, 2011
When did he become white-haired... did that happen this season?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
About time. Disastrous is an understatement.

Mourinho is not a top coach anymore. He should coach a team like Sunderland.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Chelsea Sack Mourinho

Felt that it deserved its own thread, but BBC and multiple other sources report Mourinho has been sacked as Chelsea boss: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34670192

The reigning EPL champs have had a horror season, currently 16th in the EPL, out of the league cup and have a draw with PSG in the Champions League R16 and winning the CL is the only realistic path to return to the CL next season

Very likely Chelsea hire an interim manager until the summer when they try to go after one of the bigger names in world football. The first name linked is Juande Ramos

And whats next for Mourinho? Could a possible reunion with Real Madrid happen again with Rafa on the outs? Manchester United once LVG leaves? Doubt PSG is a possibility with Blanc signing an extension soon but if PSG exit the CL early again maybe that possibility opens. My guess is a return to Italy is realistic but the clubs looking for new manager don't seem too attractive at the moment (Roma, Milan)

ChickenBurrito

Apr 8, 2013
FdSzawX.gif

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG has made it clear the past months that they have zero interest in Mourinho and his controversies, nor his type of play.

At this point, no big team should approach him, though I feel United could be dumb enough.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
About time. Disastrous is an understatement.

Mourinho is not a top coach anymore. He should coach a team like Sunderland.

A bit dramatic don't you think. The guy has won in four leagues throughout Europe. He is a winner and he has proven it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
A bit dramatic don't you think. The guy has won in four leagues throughout Europe. He is a winner and he has proven it.

No, it's not dramatic. All in all, he failed in Madrid. With the most expensive team ever. One of the best players ever on his roster as well. He alienated fans, players and staff.
With Chelsea, he won a league in 3 years, while the most expensive team failed to cope with expectations (and was badly coached). He was always favourite for 2nd place with the budget he had. He was outclassed by Spanish's 3rd team in the CL and then by L1's 1st team in the second year. This year, it took the 6th game to qualify in an easy group. He alienated plenty of players and staff. Only fans seemed to back him up, with absolutely zero logic (IMO) given the piss poor quality of the football they're watching.

At this point, beyond a stupid staff like United's, I don't see a single big team being interested in him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
My money is on Simeone getting the job next season.

Right move for the club though

Why would Simeone leave a good spanish team with CL qualification for an unstable environment like Chelsea's?

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
No, it's not dramatic. All in all, he failed in Madrid. With the most expensive team ever. One of the best players ever on his roster as well. He alienated fans, players and staff.
With Chelsea, he won a league in 3 years, while the most expensive team failed to cope with expectations (and was badly coached). He was always favourite for 2nd place with the budget he had. He was outclassed by Spanish's 3rd team in the CL and then by L1's 1st team in the second year. This year, it took the 6th game to qualify in an easy group. He alienated plenty of players and staff. Only fans seemed to back him up, with absolutely zero logic (IMO) given the piss poor quality of the football they're watching.

At this point, beyond a stupid staff like United's, I don't see a single big team being interested in him.

So being over dramatic then, he's won everything a manager could win in Europe, yes he is a dick, but a dick that wins. So he didn't win with Madrid, won with Porto, won the treble with inter, won at Chelsea.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
A change was required, simple as that. Mourinho had lost the dressing room quite clearly. The players, the staff and probably the board too. People don't understand the fans' loyalty, but what he achieved at the club put them on the European map, simple as that.

His ego is bigger than the dressing room and his personality can be toxic if things don't go his way.

However there are big egos in the team too just like last time Mourinho was sacked and they need to be kept in check.

I honestly don't know how a manager like Juande Ramos or Guus Hiddink could possibly be a better option, it's just a matter of not having Mourinho at the club anymore and waiting for the summer to go after a top manager.

This season is pretty much a wash for the club so they might as well survive in the PL and try to at least make Europe and do their best in the FA Cup and prepare for next season. They have no chance against PSG.

If there was any indication of improvement and consistency, maybe nothing would've happened. But you can't go from beating Porto to losing to Bournemouth and Leicester.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
While I don't think he was perfect (far from it), I think Chelsea will regret this.

I don't think the players are getting enough scrutiny. This is the same squad (largely) from last season, with the same tactics, the difference is in a lot of losses, the players didn't seem like they gave a crap one way or another.

With Hiddink, those players better show a big turn around. Firing one of the most successful managers in Europe could come and bite Chelsea in the butt.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
While I don't think he was perfect (far from it), I think Chelsea will regret this.

I don't think the players are getting enough scrutiny. This is the same squad (largely) from last season, with the same tactics, the difference is in a lot of losses, the players didn't seem like they gave a crap one way or another.

With Hiddink, those players better show a big turn around. Firing one of the most successful managers in Europe could come and bite Chelsea in the butt.

If you're saying that Chelsea will regret this move it means you're expecting them to be relegated with Hiddink. Cuz lower than 16th is right into a relegation place.

Simeone in the summer would be a great move for Chelsea. However, I'm not sure Simeone's style of play, his antics as well as his aggressiveness behind the bench would work in the EPL.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Chelsea is going to regret this big time. Not a Chelsea fan by any means, but he deserved more time than he was given. Keep him till the end of the season then re-evaluate. Mourinho won what, 9 or 10 trophies in the past 5 years? He is a great manager. Too bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->