Most Overrated NHL Team

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
As for the thread i'll say Tampa and San Jose. They're actually quite good, but i'm not so sure they're cup favorites like the media and HF is making them out to be. Tampa would get smacked by Washington again if they played.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
You aren't reading or actually clicking on a lot of this stuff, while trying to call me out.

This is actually amazing.

the team's radio(not even TV!) play by play guy is now some kind of objective national media analyst, apparently, who is overhyping the team. okay. this is like asking what Jack Edwards thinks of Boston this year and then claiming the media overhypes them. it's that stupid.

now, moving on to your second link, which if actually if you bothered to watch it the Sportsnet guys go on to reach the exact opposite conclusion you thought from a glance at the Google results.

anything else? this is starting to bore me.

I don’t get why this is so hard for you and others with the same views as you to understand.

It doesn’t specifically need to be from an analyst or sportsnet saying that leafs will win the cup. It’s the fact that majority of what they talk about is leafs related Also the numerous... like a crazy amount of links that members here have posted showing the leafs odds at winning the cup. That’s what’s ridiculous. You can nit pick all you want and say that one source didn’t say it despite numerous others who do just so that your right all you want but enough has been shown.

Im guessing that your older (I’m 19) so you probably don’t watch much yt or go on Insta/Twitter but if you were to and follow Sportsnet/NHL/ TSN it’s basically all about the leafs. The Leafs are literally being talked about more then Vegas’ amazing run and the Caps finally winning the cup. Not to mention the arrogance of some fans on this site (I know not everyone) It starts to annoy people and hence is the result.

Obviously some who voted the leafs here just simply don’t like them, but I guarantee majority have read what others read and see the shit on HF and just shake their head. I can’t blame them if I’m honest.

Saying all that I have no doubt that within 2-4 years the leafs will definitely win the cup

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
How many playoff series have they won in the past decade again? I can't seem to find any information on their series wins...?

People aren't denying they are a good team that can light it up offensively. They are "overrated" in the sense that they are being portrayed as "Cup contenders" but until they learn how to win games 3-1 and 4-1, they are going nowhere when it matters.

Ya, idiot Leafs. 9 year old Matthews and 16 year old Tavares shouldve at least won a round in 2005-2006

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
I really don't think the Leafs are overrated. Most projected them as 2nd in the Atlantic and probably winning a playoff round. That seems fair imo.

I went off the board a bit and chose CBJ. They are widely viewed as a playoff lock (often as 3rd seed behind PIT and WSH) but I see them more as a bubble team. I think it will be another battle for the final spots.

Reactions: Max Money

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Anyone going to mention SJS? I love Karlsson, dont get me wrong, and I get how good some of the players are individually but thats an aging team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Knights and Sharks.

Knights because they're being picked to repeat being Pacific powerhouse; yet I still feel last year was an absolute fluke season.
Sharks because they added Karlsson, who while he is the biggest move this offseason, will have to find a way to mesh with Burns on the PP. Their team has a pretty old core.

Reactions: valeriammm

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Asks for evidence anyone has picked the Leafs to win the Cup or even play for the Cup.. gets shown evidence of it.. now it doesn't count. Unreal lol.
No one was speaking about Vegas odds. That's not "One Person".
Zeke obviously was asking for people from TSN/Sportsnet.

Reactions: Max Money
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Ya, idiot Leafs. 9 year old Matthews and 16 year old Tavares shouldve at least won a round in 2005-2006

What about last year? What about 2 years ago? Complain all you want, my statement remains valid. The Leafs haven't won a single playoff round in 15 years, and I won't hesitate to remind you guys until you do.

And until your team learns that you don't win 7-5 in the playoffs, you will continue to lose in the first round every year. Since Babcock left Detroit, the Wings have won the same amount of playoff series as you guys, and we are an absolute dumpster fire :laugh:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
No one was speaking about Vegas odds. That's not "One Person".
Zeke obviously was asking for people from TSN/Sportsnet.

Good thing only Vegas odds weren't provided then and there were other examples that showed people were picking the Leafs. Crazy how all of a sudden the criteria gets stricter because the evidence provided didn't fit the narrative you wanted it to.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
That has NOTHING to do with anything. The core has been around for 2-3 years and I have threads I can bump up from 2016 asking if the Leafs will make the playoffs in Babcock's 8 years.
You would not even care 1 bit if they had one a playoff series anyways.

And you are delusional if you think the Leafs can't be considered a cup contender. There are teams being picked to WIN the cup by analysts who MISSed the playoffs last season! (Nick Kypreos picks the Blues to win the cup).

They had 105 points with Matthews/Marner/Nylander all 21 and under and added Tavares.

Nick Kypreos, hahahaha

Please, for the sake of your credibility, never use Nick Kypreos to prove one of your points.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I don’t get why this is so hard for you and others with the same views as you to understand.

It doesn’t specifically need to be from an analyst or sportsnet saying that leafs will win the cup. It’s the fact that majority of what they talk about is leafs related Also the numerous... like a crazy amount of links that members here have posted showing the leafs odds at winning the cup. That’s what’s ridiculous. You can nit pick all you want and say that one source didn’t say it despite numerous others who do just so that your right all you want but enough has been shown.

the media is a business. This is about eyeballs on screens, clicks, and money. It's not personal. It's numbers. If Calgary were Canada's biggest city, then you would be bitching that all they talk about is the Flames.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That's a tough question and my answer, like the general opinions out there of the teams, probably changes weekly.
My non-vote isn't meant to suggest the Hawks, btw. :laugh:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
the media is a business. This is about eyeballs on screens, clicks, and money. It's not personal. It's numbers. If Calgary were Canada's biggest city, then you would be *****ing that all they talk about is the Flames.

Yes agreed

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
What about last year? What about 2 years ago? Complain all you want, my statement remains valid. The Leafs haven't won a single playoff round in 15 years, and I won't hesitate to remind you guys until you do.

And until your team learns that you don't win 7-5 in the playoffs, you will continue to lose in the first round every year. Since Babcock left Detroit, the Wings have won the same amount of playoff series as you guys, and we are an absolute dumpster fire :laugh:

Im sorry, I didn’t realize losing to a presidents trophy winner in 6 and a higher seed in 7 is such an embarrassment.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Completely irrelevant.
I have never, ever picked teams based on how many rounds they won. That's so stupid with a league like the NHL. I never even consider it.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

Im guessing that your older (I’m 19) so you probably don’t watch much yt or go on Insta/Twitter but if you were to and follow Sportsnet/NHL/ TSN it’s basically all about the leafs. The Leafs are literally being talked about more then Vegas’ amazing run and the Caps finally winning the cup. Not to mention the arrogance of some fans on this site (I know not everyone) It starts to annoy people and hence is the result.

Obviously some who voted the leafs here just simply don’t like them, but I guarantee majority have read what others read and see the **** on HF and just shake their head. I can’t blame them if I’m honest.

Saying all that I have no doubt that within 2-4 years the leafs will definitely win the cup

That's the issue here though. People hear the Leafs get the most coverage and equate to that they loved the Leafs and overrate them.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Good thing only Vegas odds weren't provided then and there were other examples that showed people were picking the Leafs. Crazy how all of a sudden the criteria gets stricter because the evidence provided didn't fit the narrative you wanted it to.
Or it could be the fact the word "Media" was used by the original posterand the "Found it in 5 seconds!" comments were Vegas odds.
Do you understand why we want actual media sources?
So the media was mentioned, you failed to provide it, and now you claim the criteria has changed. YOU changed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad