Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Overall I'd say the Leafs. Unreal offensive team that will fill opponent's nets all regular season. They will probably have a few 40+ goal scorers, and a handful of point/game players.

Then the playoffs will start and they will once again realize you need defence to win, and that going for the 7-5 win won't work here.

Washington had worse CA/60 and basically the same xGA/60 as last seasons Leafs when they won the cup. Aka, arguably a worse defensive team than us and they outscored those problems, same as Pittsburgh did b2b.

Defense is so f***ing overrated.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
You're right. Leafs fans should stop creating polls where people with opinions about the Leafs that differ from Leafs fans opinions about the Leafs.

Don't want Leafs fans to be subjected to unfair criticism of their beloved team.
I feel like you are really taking this thread to heart. I suppose everyone has their passion.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
It was "name one person who picked the Leafs rabble rabble rabble".

I cite sources showing people picking the Leafs and now I'm overly sensitive for backing up my claim?

Stay consistent. Either you want proof that people have picked the Leafs to win the Cup or you don't.

Seems like you're the sensitive one feeling the need to attack someone for an opinion.

Nobody attacked you. your post is the definition of sensitive.

all there was to it was gambling odds. you need to stop being so triggered by the Leafs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
They're still overrated. This constant barrage of Leafs fans crying because I say they're overrated really does nothing to change my mind. Just makes me laugh at you.
In fairness, we are asking for proof and getting nothing.
The only real proof is a link to Leaf ownership where everyone agreed the Leafs will win nothing.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
You think I know every analyst's voice and have a name to it outside of Marek and Burke? You think I listen to that show and take notes? I listen to it on my drive home from work. Calm yourself.

Here...

NHL stars pick Maple Leafs among favourites to win Stanley Cup - Sportsnet.ca

2018-19 Stanley Cup Odds: Maple Leafs, Lightning Favored in Latest Lines

2018-19 Stanley Cup Odds: Maple Leafs, Lightning Gambling Favorites to Win

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-enter-season-as-odds-on-favourite-to-win-stanley-cup-1.1185051

It's not some fabricated myth that people have picked the Leafs to win the Cup.

Holy sensitive fan base. Ya'll come out of the woodwork the moment someone says "Leafs" as if they were standing in front of a mirror in a dark bathroom chanting "1967" three times.

All gambling odds. Do you have an actual person picking them?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Sportsnet: Sportsnet NHL Insider predictions for 2018-19 season - Sportsnet.ca

Cup Winner: WPG (9), SJS (3), TBL (3), STL (1)
East Champ: TBL (12), TOR (2), PIT (1), CBJ (1)
West Champ: WPG (10), SJS (4), NSH (1), STL (1)
Best Canadian: WPG (11), TOR (5)

Hart: McDavid (13), Crosby (1), Wheeler (1), Tavares (1 - Damien Cox)
Art Ross: McDavid (15), MacKinnon (1)
Norris: Karlsson (5), Hedman (4), Doughty (2), Subban (1), Pietrangelo (1), Vlasic (1), Jones (1), Gostisbehere (1 - Damien Cox)
Vezina: Hellebuyck (5), Vasilevskiy (5), Gibson (2), Bobrovsky (1), Jones (1), Holtby (1), Smith (1 - Damien Cox)
Adams: DeBoer (3), Peters (3), Montgomery (2), Babcock (2), Cooper (2), Brind'amour (1), Bednar (1), Maurice (1), Hakstol (1)

NHL.com: Stanley Cup predictions for 2018-19

Atlantic: TBL (10), TOR (6), BOS (2)
Metro: PIT (12), WSH (5), CBJ (1)
Central: WPG (13), NSH (4), DAL (1)
Pacific: SJS (15), LVK (2), LAK (1)

East: TBL (13), PIT (2), TOR (2), BOS (1)
West: SJS (9), WPG (5), NSH (4)

Cup: SJS (7), TBL (6), WPG (2), NSH (2), PIT (1)

Seems pretty clear to me that the most overrated teams have to be the Sharks and Jets.

Reactions: Max Money

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Nobody attacked you. your post is the definition of sensitive.

all there was to it was gambling odds. you need to stop being so triggered by the Leafs.

Apparently you didn't read. There were 2 gambling odds links. Out of 4. The other 2 were from sportsnet and TSN.

Clearly you're triggered if you still feel the need to reply to me. Sorry I hurt you buddy.

Reactions: dukeofjive

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Apparently you didn't read. There were 2 gambling odds links. Out of 4. The other 2 were from sportsnet and TSN.

Clearly you're triggered if you still feel the need to reply to me. Sorry I hurt you buddy.
TSN and Sportsnet were simply reporting the gambling odds. Are you trying to say this means anything about their opinions? We have already posted the fact no one there think sthe Leafs will win anything on TSN and Sportsnet.
Zeke asked for "One Person", gambling odds are not that.
Like I said, just go ahead and post about EA sports sim results of the Leafs winning if you are counting Vegas odds.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
5 votes for the Blues? Just how highly do people think we're viewed?
The Toronto media is picking the Blues to win the cup more than the Leafs.
So if the Leafs with no analysts picking them to win anything are so overrated, the Blues must be as well.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So if the Leafs with no analysts picking them to win anything are so overrated, the Blues must be as well.

Wow. Okay if that's the case, then absolutely.

I just had no idea anyone was picking the Blues to win the Cup. :laugh:

You can guess who 1 of the 5 is. I think it's reasonable. Many/most had us as the #3 in the Central, but it's far from a guarantee.

If he didn't vote for us, I'd be hurt. He's our biggest fan.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If true, then those guys are just a bunch of hipster idiots, just trying to be the cool contrarian.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

did you actually click the links?

3 gambling odds links. out of 4. the other one contains the opinions of a few NHL stars.

I feel the need because you keep being sensitive, triggered, and most importantly wrong.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
did you actually click the links?

3 gambling odds links. out of 4. the other one contains the opinions of a few NHL stars.

I feel the need because you keep being sensitive, triggered, and most importantly wrong.

You keep replying to me though. I never started the conversation with you.

So they weren't all gambling odds as you originally claimed? So...you were wrong? Fun

You really should be like Elsa and let it go. Clearly you're obsessed with me and it isn't healthy for you.

This really seems like you're protecting your feelings and sensitivities onto me. Sorry pal, you may need a hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->