• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Listen to literally any Hockey Central @ Noon episode. For a show that's supposed to be about the league, all they do is talk about how good the Leafs are.

Asking for preseason predictions is dumb because nobody takes those seriously and preseason doesn't matter.
And yet not a SINGLE person hosting that show is picking the Leafs to win anything.

KyleSeaBass

Oct 5, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
It's getting tiresome that automatically the Leafs win overrated threads in every subject 100% of the time.

But we are told there is nothing to do with it. No one hates them or are biased...

This is also the only place where anyone would take Dumba over Rielly and Barkov over Matthews.

Every hockey news network and analyst has Matthews as a top 5 centre in the league and Barry Trotz the guy who just won the cup called him generational, but the consensus from the foaming at the mouth anti-Leaf mob on here is that he's overrated and not a top 10 player.

Also, all our young guys are supposedly soft and overrated, but at the same time they all deserve over 10 million and a bunch of teams are going to offersheet them.

Every GM in the league would be laughing their ass off reading some of the blatant anti-Leaf propaganda written here.

Ridiculous.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I hear it from the media so it's an HF myth now...k.
Where?
Show a link about an actual prediction. I have done that to prove my point.
I know the people who host the show. No one is picking the Leafs.
In fact, my link INCLUDES people who appear on that show and they did not pick the Leafs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
K. Not what I heard. But k.

It's an opinion. Get over it. That entire roster is overrated by the entire fan base. Yet another option you can get over.
Who is picking the Leafs to win the cup. Name one analyst. If you listen to the show as you claim, surely you can name 1 individual.
Doug Maclean picked the Jets, Kypreos the Blues FYI.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Where?
Show a link about an actual prediction. I have done that to prove my point.
I know the people who host the show. No one is picking the Leafs.
In fact, my link INCLUDES people who appear on that show and they did not pick the Leafs.

I mean, I listen to the show and delete the episodes after I listen to them. If you want me to listen to weeks worth of audio..again, you're barking up the wrong tree. My opinion is that the Leafs are overrated and you're an overly sensitive fan that cares way too much what someone thinks of the Leafs.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Leafs, only because they have the best odds of winning the cup.. they're not the best team in the NHL

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I mean, I listen to the show and delete the episodes after I listen to them. If you want me to listen to weeks worth of audio..again, you're barking up the wrong tree. My opinion is that the Leafs are overrated and you're an overly sensitive fan that cares way too much what someone thinks of the Leafs.
OK. I just thought you would recall who. Is it everyone on the show?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I think it’s only cuz of all the cup talk for this year and the media constantly kissing their ass. Toronto is a hell of a team now but not the best D. I believe you guys have some damn good D prospects tho correct? Matthews hasent even hit his peak yet, forward core is young and strong. Once the D develops in 2-4yrs Tor will definitely have a cup. Just not this yr

I don't know, everybody at Sportsnet picked the Jets in the prediction I read.

what media do you mean?

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Who is picking the Leafs to win the cup. Name one analyst. If you listen to the show as you claim, surely you can name 1 individual.

You think I know every analyst's voice and have a name to it outside of Marek and Burke? You think I listen to that show and take notes? I listen to it on my drive home from work. Calm yourself.

Here...

NHL stars pick Maple Leafs among favourites to win Stanley Cup - Sportsnet.ca

2018-19 Stanley Cup Odds: Maple Leafs, Lightning Favored in Latest Lines

2018-19 Stanley Cup Odds: Maple Leafs, Lightning Gambling Favorites to Win

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-enter-season-as-odds-on-favourite-to-win-stanley-cup-1.1185051

It's not some fabricated myth that people have picked the Leafs to win the Cup.

Holy sensitive fan base. Ya'll come out of the woodwork the moment someone says "Leafs" as if they were standing in front of a mirror in a dark bathroom chanting "1967" three times.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don't know, everybody at Sportsnet picked the Jets in the prediction I read.

what media do you mean?

Media talk as in all they talk about. Constantly on social media it’s always about the leafs. Winning the cup wise I’m talking about odds. As shown no analyst has said so

Reactions: dukeofjive

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
You think I know every analyst's voice and have a name to it outside of Marek and Burke? You think I listen to that show and take notes? I listen to it on my drive home from work. Calm yourself.

Here...

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-enter-season-as-odds-on-favourite-to-win-stanley-cup-1.1185051

Holy sensitive fan base. Ya'll come out of the woodwork the moment someone says "Leafs" as if they were standing in front of a mirror in a dark bathroom chanting "1967" three times.

I think you guys are being overly sensitive about some gambling odds.

who cares.

calm down.

the media experts are not picking the Leafs, you can resume your normal activities.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Here...

You understand that gambling odds are actually pretty meaningless right? No one is predicting the Leafs to win, this is just HFboards being lazy and assuming that because people talk the most about the Leafs they are overrated.

They talked most about the Leafs during the Kessel and Burke years too, that didn't make thm overrated it just made them popular.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I think you guys are being overly sensitive about some gambling odds.

who cares.

calm down.

the media experts are not picking the Leafs, you can resume your normal activities.

It was "name one person who picked the Leafs rabble rabble rabble".

I cite sources showing people picking the Leafs and now I'm overly sensitive for backing up my claim?

Stay consistent. Either you want proof that people have picked the Leafs to win the Cup or you don't.

Seems like you're the sensitive one feeling the need to attack someone for an opinion.

Reactions: dukeofjive

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
You understand that gambling odds are actually pretty meaningless right? No one is predicting the Leafs to win, this is just HFboards being lazy and assuming that because people talk the most about the Leafs they are overrated.

They talked most about the Leafs during the Kessel and Burke years too, that didn't make thm overrated it just made them popular.

They're still overrated. This constant barrage of Leafs fans crying because I say they're overrated really does nothing to change my mind. Just makes me laugh at you.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
How many playoff series have they won in the past decade again? I can't seem to find any information on their series wins...?

IRRELEVANT to this season.

Absolutely, positively IRRELEVANT. No bearing. Like, at all.

Your other point about "learning to win low scoring games" is true and I will no dispute that. However the first point is nonsensical because this roster is not the same as the previous 10 yrs worth of rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad