Most Overrated NHL Team

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Vegas. The combination of some roster turnover and the cinderalla run being over could lead to a disappointing season. I think they make the playoffs but finish 3rd in their division and end up a first round knockout.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Interesting number one choice in this poll.

I think it’s only cuz of all the cup talk for this year and the media constantly kissing their ass. Toronto is a hell of a team now but not the best D. I believe you guys have some damn good D prospects tho correct? Matthews hasent even hit his peak yet, forward core is young and strong. Once the D develops in 2-4yrs Tor will definitely have a cup. Just not this yr

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
LOL. If the word "Overrated" is in the thread title, you know what team/player will win before you even click on it.

No one is predicting the Leafs to win anything. So where's this incredible hype?

31 teams and coicnentally, in every negative category, the same team wins every time.
And if you ask, every single person denies hating the team.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Overall I'd say the Leafs. Unreal offensive team that will fill opponent's nets all regular season. They will probably have a few 40+ goal scorers, and a handful of point/game players.

Then the playoffs will start and they will once again realize you need defence to win, and that going for the 7-5 win won't work here.
That seems to be the common sentiment from almost everyone on this site (save for a few very, very vocal Leaf zealots). I don't really know if they qualify as over rated when the majority of folks seem to agree that is what they are.

Maybe y'all just need a few more Matthews threads until you come around and see the light.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustin
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Every hater calling them overrated until they come into your barn and stomp a 6 goal mud hole on your candy asses!

View attachment 145787

How many playoff series have they won in the past decade again? I can't seem to find any information on their series wins...?

People aren't denying they are a good team that can light it up offensively. They are "overrated" in the sense that they are being portrayed as "Cup contenders" but until they learn how to win games 3-1 and 4-1, they are going nowhere when it matters.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
How many playoff series have they won in the past decade again? I can't seem to find any information on their series wins...?

People aren't denying they are a good team that can light it up offensively. They are "overrated" in the sense that they are being portrayed as "Cup contenders" but until they learn how to win games 3-1 and 4-1, they are going nowhere when it matters.

The importance of context is lost on you.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

That has NOTHING to do with anything. The core has been around for 2-3 years and I have threads I can bump up from 2016 asking if the Leafs will make the playoffs in Babcock's 8 years.
You would not even care 1 bit if they had one a playoff series anyways.

And you are delusional if you think the Leafs can't be considered a cup contender. There are teams being picked to WIN the cup by analysts who MISSed the playoffs last season! (Nick Kypreos picks the Blues to win the cup).

They had 105 points with Matthews/Marner/Nylander all 21 and under and added Tavares.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Shoot, but stay classy!

Could only do 30 choices so Hawks have been left out.

Hawks would have been a much more viable option than say.. the Islanders, Panthers, Sabres, Avalanche, Rangers, Canucks, Canadiens, or Hurricanes just off the top of my head.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Leafs are great but I don't think they deserve to be in the same class as Tampa Bay, Winnipeg, Nashville, Washington, and Maybe Pittsburgh. To me they are still a second tier top in a cluster with Boston and San Jose.

Of course its a long season and teams get better and worse, so we shall see.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
No bias at all in this one.

Just a Sens fan creating a poll about which team is the most overrated and coincidentally making the Leafs the first option.

Nothing here to see at all, completely objective, move along now.

It's getting tiresome that automatically the Leafs win overrated threads in every subject 100% of the time.

But we are told there is nothing to do with it. No one hates them or are biased...

Reactions: KyleSeaBass

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
I voted for the Leafs because they're being built up to be a can't miss Cup team by a ton of the media and fans. The Bolts, Panthers, and Bruins are pretty stiff competition in that division. The Leafs could very well barely make it in as a wild card.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
That has NOTHING to do with anything. The core has been around for 2-3 years and I have threads I can bump up from 2016 asking if the Leafs will make the playoffs in Babcock's 8 years.
You would not even care 1 bit if they had one a playoff series anyways.

And you are delusional if you think the Leafs can't be considered a cup contender. There are teams being picked to WIN the cup by analysts who MISSed the playoffs last season! (Nick Kypreos picks the Blues to win the cup).

They had 105 points with Matthews/Marner/Nylander all 21 and under and added Tavares.

I think they can be considered for s cup but I doubt they have it this year. I’d guarantee they will win one in the next 4 though for sure. Blues have improved and I can see them making the 3rd but I’d have the leafs beating them if they somehow got to the finals.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I voted for the Leafs because they're being built up to be a can't miss Cup team by a ton of the media and fans. The Bolts, Panthers, and Bruins are pretty stiff competition in that division. The Leafs could very well barely make it in as a wild card.
Complete HF myth.
Please see the Leafs owners predictions (Sportsnet)
Sportsnet NHL Insider predictions for 2018-19 season - Sportsnet.ca

0 out of 16 pick the Leafs to win the cup (9 out of 16 picked Winnipeg).
No one on TSn picked them.

Where is this myth coming from?
Now do you get why Leaf fans are questiong this?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Hawks would have been a much more viable option than say.. the Islanders, Panthers, Sabres, Avalanche, Rangers, Canucks, Canadiens, or Hurricanes just off the top of my head.

Agreed, however I was going by division and once I got to the bottom and realized I said **** it

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For anyone saying the Leafs - I'd like you to post a link to even ONE single pre-season prediction of the Leafs even finishing first in their division, let alone winning the Cup.

Reactions: BAM

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
For anyone saying the Leafs - I'd like you to post a link to even ONE single pre-season prediction of the Leafs even finishing first in their division, let alone winning the Cup.

Listen to literally any Hockey Central @ Noon episode. For a show that's supposed to be about the league, all they do is talk about how good the Leafs are.

Asking for preseason predictions is dumb because nobody takes those seriously and preseason doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad