Most Overrated NHL Team

Most overrated team of 2018/19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
People are talking about playoffs, with my team.
The Bolts may have advanced further,,,but what have they won?
Must be a flaw somewhere.
In a lot of arguments the "Can't Win The Big One" would have been stated already wit TBay.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Shout out to the Vancouver "Cannucks" for getting a single vote.

Dang this team is overrated :skeptic::skeptic::skeptic::skeptic::skeptic:

Shows the care level for the Nucks this year. Can't be overrated when everyone expects you in the basement.
Watch out though. If Pettersson continues to score; he'll be overrated quickly. Not by Nucks fans, but other fans trying to compare him to other players, then over-hyping him on his own.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Irrelevant? Uhh..Chicago and Pittsburgh have dominated the Cups recently, so maybe you should have picked your Cup champs based on recent playoff success. I have no idea how you can say "winning playoff rounds" is irrelevant. Pittsburgh learned to win, and kept doing it. Chicago learned to win and kept doing it. Toronto has learned to win...in the regular season. 7-5 doesn't happen in the playoffs. Matthews point per game drops from close to 1.0, to almost 0.5 in the playoffs lol.

In his first season he went from .84 to .83

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
A more interesting poll would be who is the second most overrated team.
I’m surprised the Bruins are in second. I don’t really see them being over rated at all. Looks like some inter division rivalry going on here judging by the mostly Leaf posters voting for the Bruins.
I can see Tampa but a year ago second spot would have gone to Washington but I think all this really shows is that it’s really hard to win a Cup even if you’ve been a top team for a few years.

I should have left the leafs out come to think of it. The poll is interesting disregarding them but would be even more interesting if they were not in

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
People are talking about playoffs, with my team.
The Bolts may have advanced further,,,but what have they won?
Must be a flaw somewhere.

Not on paper. ;)

I agree, it could be a mental thing. However they did add a new top 2 defenseman and pending injuries I'm more worried about them than any other team.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Voted Toronto because their defense isn't necessarily the best, plus so much hype around Matthews/Tavares/Marner and everything around them. I mean they are good, but the fact that people think they're cup favourites is beyond me. I think they'll go as far as the conference finals but they'll likely lose in that round.

My other two choices would've been Vegas and San Jose.

If Winnipeg were overrated I'd say it, but even at where they are now they're underrated. The only overrated thing I can think of about the Jets is Jacob Trouba.

Tampa is another underrated team.

I'm expecting Leafs fans will hate me even more now.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Voted Toronto because their defense isn't necessarily the best, plus so much hype around Matthews/Tavares/Marner and everything around them. I mean they are good, but the fact that people think they're cup favourites is beyond me. I think they'll go as far as the conference finals but they'll likely lose in that round.

My other two choices would've been Vegas and San Jose.

If Winnipeg were overrated I'd say it, but even at where they are now they're underrated. The only overrated thing I can think of about the Jets is Jacob Trouba.

Tampa is another underrated team.

I'm expecting Leafs fans will hate me even more now.
Winnipeg is a MASSIVE cup favourite, especially in the Toronto media. They are getting much more hype as an actual contender than the Leafs.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Toronto entered the season with the best odds.

Jets were my cup favourites to start the season.
You are citing Vegas odds. What about actual analysts? On Sportsnet (Leaf owners) 9 out of 16 analysts picked Winnipeg. By far the most of any team. Toronto got 0 votes.

Funny how Vegas odds is suddenly the #1 source for you guys:)

Vegas odds aren't even actual opinions on hockey. If you saw why they picked the Leafs you'd disagree so much.

Sportsnet NHL Insider predictions for 2018-19 season - Sportsnet.ca

TEAM QUESTIONS

Stanley Cup Winner
John Shannon: San Jose
Elliotte Friedman: Winnipeg
Jeff Marek: Winnipeg
Chris Johnston: Winnipeg
Mark Spector: Winnipeg
Iain MacIntyre: San Jose
Gord Stellick: San Jose
Eric Francis: Tampa Bay
Caroline Cameron: Winnipeg
Kristina Rutherford: Winnipeg
Luke Fox: Tampa Bay
Eric Engels: Tampa Bay
Rory Boylen: Winnipeg
Nick Kypreos: St. Louis
David Amber: Winnipeg
Damien Cox: Winnipeg

Reactions: smitty10

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I don’t think Vegas is overrated. Nobody is really expecting them to reach the finals again are they? I haven’t really seen anything of it from what I’ve watched. I see them making playoffs and that’s about it

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
You are citing Vegas odds. What about actual analysts? On Sportsnet (Leaf owners) 9 out of 16 analysts picked Winnipeg. By far the most of any team. Toronto got 0 votes.

Vegas odds aren't even actual opinions on hockey. If you saw why they picked the Leafs you'd disagree so much.

You got me there. I think I disagreed so much because people should really look into it a little more and let all hockey experts decide.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don’t think Vegas is overrated. Nobody is really expecting them to reach the finals again are they? I haven’t really seen anything of it from what I’ve watched. I see them making playoffs and that’s about it

A lot have them pegged as the clear-cut second seed in the Pacific.
That's a big ask, that division might be a bloodbath this season.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

It's #1 on a list of 1.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Im sorry but whoever put sens:
How can they be overrated when everyone thinks they will finish dfl

Crazydounut

Oct 10, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Its for sure Pittsburgh. People saying they are still cup contenders when they have no defense (outside of Doumolin) and no goaltending. Playoff team? Probably cause they have Malkin, Crosby and Kessel still. But they aren't cup contenders anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad