Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Winnipeg - Thursday Feb 25/21 - 7 PM - TSN3/2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
2 of those wins were several years ago. I remember distinctly being in attendance when Price had 0 help and another where Tokarski was just awful and the crowd chanted "We want Carey!" Gotta be at least 2015?

Just checked - these games were 2011 and 2015. Last win for the Jets at home against Montreal was March 2016.
Hah I was at that game when the 'We want Carey" chant happened, I remember it well.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Such bullshit. Just our luck that they fire their coach right before 4 of 6 games vs us.
Man I hope we just screw them over and really make them miserable.
But alas, we are likely going to be the backdrop to their positive story.
F my life...

Reactions: WiscoJet

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
In my mind the Jets had never won a game at Bell MTS place.
I guess that was just any game I attended.
Their record wasn't as bad as I thought but still quite poor.
Since 2011 we are 3 - 6 - 1 at home vs the Habs
27 goals for and 37 goals against.

Hopefully we can buck that trend this week.

I am worried about our malaise coming off of 3 or 3+ days off and the fact that MTL will be in desperate times with their terrible recent record.

One thing the Jets always seem to be connected to is breaking other teams slumps (be it W/L records or player statistics).

To be fair, the first couple of seasons we played the Habs 2x per year at home. We also had Pavelec as the starter for the first 6(?) years? So that alone accounts for half or more of those home games. Not that he always had offensive help but still.

Price is going to Price except when he doesn't.

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the Jets and Toronto are the top 2 teams in the North, i also think we win on Thursday. :nod:

I would put Edmonton right up there with them as well. I think it will be interesting to see who comes out on top, but I think the Leafs take # 1 spot, and the Jets and Oilers fight it out for 2nd place. We'll see what happens.

It won't surprise me to see the Jets take top spot tho, they have the Goaltending.

Reactions: Jets 31

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Montreal did this because they were scared of getting destroyed by the Jets, not going to matter new coach or not the Jets are just starting to warm up the Dubois train.:nod:
Unfortunately, they coupled that new train to another one instead of letting it do it’s own thing

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Unfortunately, they coupled that new train to another one instead of letting it do it’s own thing

Yeah that one game he played on the wing w/ Chef was an awful call - we don't want PLD to get used to those 3 point nights :sarcasm:

I can't understand why everyone is so upset with this. People realize that PLD is not our top-line winger, no? Kid is gonna be our studly centerman as soon as he gets his legs back.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Hah I was at that game when the 'We want Carey" chant happened, I remember it well.

That win in 2015 was a big one, it came late in the season, and was crucial in the Jets getting their first playoff appearance. I was at that game too, best seats I ever had for a Jets game in the 7th row. I remember seeing Andrew Ladd hit the Canadiens defenseman (Pateryn) so hard that he stunned him, leading to a goal. Things you wouldn't notice on TV or in the upper deck.

We'll see how the Habs respond to their coaching change. Usually a coaching change has an initial positive impact. Because the players realize they are next. I'm surprised to see Niku in the line rushes, ahead of Stanley, and Beaulieu back up on the top pair. That's probably the last thing fans around here wanted to see.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Yeah that one game he played on the wing w/ Chef was an awful call - we don't want PLD to get used to those 3 point nights :sarcasm:

I can't understand why everyone is so upset with this. People realize that PLD is not our top-line winger, no? Kid is gonna be our studly centerman as soon as he gets his legs back.

I think Maurice is justified to run a Dubois - Scheif - Wheeler top line for as many games as it takes for the hot streak to end. Which is likely only a few. Honestly if they are going to get 6 - 9 points a game then I don't give AF where Dubois plays.

Swapping PLD to 2C is a nice change up to have in our pocket.
Either way he'll be playing C pretty soon.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

And you think he’ll only get those on Scheifele’s wing?
He’d likely do more centering Connor and Ehlers.... but our idiot coach has an unnatural obsession with getting Scheif and Wheeler together and will use anything he can to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad