Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Winnipeg - Thursday Feb 25/21 - 7 PM - TSN3/2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Habs are one of the best teams in the NHL at 5v5. They're outscoring their opponents 42-25 (62.69%, 1st). They have the best xGF% in the league (56.62%). Have they slipped lately? Yeah maybe a bit. They're still 7th in GF% and 4th in xGF% over the last two weeks at 5v5.

Their special teams have sucked: their powerplay xGF/60 is 27th; their PK xGA/60 is 24th. And Carey Price is 28th out of 38 goalie in GSAA.

Seems like a weird decision to fire Julien...

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
And you think he’ll only get those on Scheifele’s wing?
He’d likely do more centering Connor and Ehlers.... but our idiot coach has an unnatural obsession with getting Scheif and Wheeler together and will use anything he can to do it.

I think your dislike for Maurice is biasing your view of the situation. The mental gymnastics needed to arrive at these conclusions is wild...

PLD has played ONE (1) game on the top-line wing so far - and it worked out great to ease the guy back into the lineup. PLD will drive his own line at C, no questions. Why would you believe otherwise, just because of this one game sample?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Niku?
Huh?
That's strange has he been with the Moose or just sitting this whole time.
Is it because he's played some RD before?
Weird.
There was a time many of us were clamoring to see him in the lineup.
Maybe he's found his legs and hands and vision and hockey IQ and...
He's probably earned the look given he's been sitting so long, although I'd much rather Stanley come in. Maurice talked about MTL being a fast team, so perhaps Stanley's foot speed is what's making him lean toward Niku?

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
He's probably earned the look given he's been sitting so long, although I'd much rather Stanley come in. Maurice talked about MTL being a fast team, so perhaps Stanley's foot speed is what's making him lean toward Niku?

That and wasn't one of Niku's 2 career goals was scored against Montreal?

Reactions: Moe Mantha

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Beaulieu on the 1st pair??????? :shakehead So that Josh can play his off-side???? :shakehead DeMelo still on the 3rd pair??? :shakehead

And Niku in??? :shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

What do we have this taxi squad thing for?
any other move would either require poolman going on the ir or sending someone down on waivers

Reactions: The Big M

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
any other move would either require poolman going on the ir or sending someone down on waivers

Not quite.
Josh - Demelo
Forb - Pionk
Beaulieu - Niku

Or just waive Niku. There is near zero chance of him being claimed and zero harm done if someone does claim him. He's just in the way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->