Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Winnipeg - Thursday Feb 25/21 - 7 PM - TSN3/2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Watching Montreal lately I’m less and less worried about them each game they play. They seem to be coming back down to earth again. Hopefully the Jets will still have it in their head that their a top team and show up like they have in the past against the top teams. I don’t think it’s unrealistic that there’s quite a few winnable games here in this next stretch of 6 against the Habs/ Canucks.
Hopefully by the time we get to the Leafs they’ll be on one of their patented late season slides.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Early on, Habs had a number of guys punching way above their weight, scoring-wise. Looking at that roster, we knew they wouldn't keep scoring 5 goals a game. Their D is also nothing special - Price has a lousy SV % at the moment. No reason why we cannot take it to this crew.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Early on, Habs had a number of guys punching way above their weight, scoring-wise. Looking at that roster, we knew they wouldn't keep scoring 5 goals a game. Their D is also nothing special - Price has a lousy SV % at the moment. No reason why we cannot take it to this crew.
All I know is that Corey Perry always manages to fk over the Jets.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Habs nation is melting down after last night's loss to Ottawa, if they lose to Ottawa again tonight then they'll come in angry on Thursday and I don't like our chances.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Watching Montreal lately I’m less and less worried about them each game they play. They seem to be coming back down to earth again. Hopefully the Jets will still have it in their head that their a top team and show up like they have in the past against the top teams. I don’t think it’s unrealistic that there’s quite a few winnable games here in this next stretch of 6 against the Habs/ Canucks.
Hopefully by the time we get to the Leafs they’ll be on one of their patented late season slides.

Montreal had extremely unsustainable shooting numbers to start the season. They're still a good team and match up well against the Jets, but they aren't as dangerous as the first 10 or so games would have you believe.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Two things

COVID takes away the Habs "home ice advantage" at Bell MTS Place.
I hope this and the fact that we play them 9 times will add up to that elusive home win over the team in red.

Counter attack - The Jets can't be their own worst enemy with mistakes that lead to an abundance of scoring chances for MTL. We get away with a lot of sloppy play in our end and MTL is built to capitalize on those moments.

Ok make it 3 things...

We could really use a Connor hot streak. He looks like he's lost a lot of confidence since his great start and has been streaky before. KFC on fire would go a long way to getting the Jets to the promise land. Why do so many of our HF Jets faithful misspell Kyle's last name?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Two things

I hope this and the fact that we play them 9 times will add up to that elusive home win over the team in red.

Counter attack - The Jets can't be their own worst enemy with mistakes that lead to an abundance of scoring chances for MTL. We get away with a lot of sloppy play in our end and MTL is built to capitalize on those moments.

Ok make it 3 things...

We could really use a Connor hot streak. He looks like he's lost a lot of confidence since his great start and has been streaky before. KFC on fire would go a long way to getting the Jets to the promise land. Why do so many of our HF Jets faithful misspell Kyle's last name?

I agree KFC is in a funk and that cycle is typical with goal scorers. We need him to pick it up in this stretch (fingers crossed).

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Two things

Ok make it 3 things...

Conner is such a easy name to spell too . :sarcasm: :laugh:

Reactions: BatVader
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad