Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Winnipeg - Thursday Feb 25/21 - 7 PM - TSN3/2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
And don’t forget Helly has radar ears too..

ears no, eyes definitely

HandmadeEarnestGrayreefshark-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Jets 31

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Hopefully Habs don't bring the vodoo.
No matter what the Jets do they always lose almost all the time to this Habs team.

Now Jets have 2 french dude playing. Hopefully they jinx it!!

Go Jets Go

Reactions: DRC and GNP

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
...or they come to Wpg having lost 2 games to Ottawa and their confidence isn't great?

The Jets usually tend to be streak busters of teams on a bad run. :laugh:

I am fully expecting a loss in this game now that Habs have lost 2 straight to the Sens, they will come pissed off esp in the 1st and I don't know if the Jets can match their intensity... only hope is PLD is extra motivated playing in Quebec in the Bell Center other than that I don't see us matching the intensity of a desperate team.

Reactions: Moe Mantha

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I am fully expecting a loss in this game now that Habs have lost 2 straight to the Sens, they will come pissed off esp in the 1st and I don't know if the Jets can match their intensity... only hope is PLD is extra motivated playing in Quebec in the Bell Center other than that I don't see us matching the intensity of a desperate team.
That’s what separates the best teams as the real winners have that desperation to win more than most.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I’d rather face a losing team than a winning team as I usually assume there is a reason they are winning.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
In my mind the Jets had never won a game at Bell MTS place.
I guess that was just any game I attended.
Their record wasn't as bad as I thought but still quite poor.
Since 2011 we are 3 - 6 - 1 at home vs the Habs
27 goals for and 37 goals against.

Hopefully we can buck that trend this week.

I am worried about our malaise coming off of 3 or 3+ days off and the fact that MTL will be in desperate times with their terrible recent record.

One thing the Jets always seem to be connected to is breaking other teams slumps (be it W/L records or player statistics).

Reactions: RabidOne

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
In my mind the Jets had never won a game at Bell MTS place.
I guess that was just any game I attended.
Their record wasn't as bad as I thought but still quite poor.
Since 2011 we are 3 - 6 - 1 at home vs the Habs
27 goals for and 37 goals against.

Hopefully we can buck that trend this week.

I am worried about our malaise coming off of 3 or 3+ days off and the fact that MTL will be in desperate times with their terrible recent record.

One thing the Jets always seem to be connected to is breaking other teams slumps (be it W/L records or player statistics).

2 of those wins were several years ago. I remember distinctly being in attendance when Price had 0 help and another where Tokarski was just awful and the crowd chanted "We want Carey!" Gotta be at least 2015?

Just checked - these games were 2011 and 2015. Last win for the Jets at home against Montreal was March 2016.

Reactions: JetsUK

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
2 of those wins were several years ago. I remember distinctly being in attendance when Price had 0 help and another where Tokarski was just awful and the crowd chanted "We want Carey!" Gotta be at least 2015?

Just checked - these games were 2011 and 2015. Last win for the Jets at home against Montreal was March 2016.

Yeah we have terrible against MTL. For years they've been the kind of team that we match up worst against. Quick, aggressive forechecking, solid transition play, a goalie that can steal a game. Argh.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Boom.

Claude Julien was just fired.

It doesn't matter.
The only player/coach under contract for MTL that matters is Price.
If Price is on his game the team wins, if not it loses. He has carried the team on his back for a decade now.

Reactions: BatVader

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Still the same roster. Habs should of fired the GM. Just beat the hell out of them, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad