Pre-Game Talk: Montreal @ Winnipeg - Thursday Feb 25/21 - 7 PM - TSN3/2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
For 60 minutes.

Yeah, I feel like the Jets missed that workshop session at the Hockey Cliche Retreat.

- We can give 110% over 20 minutes
- We can give 50 - 60% over 40 minutes
- We can fall asleep on the bench and appear for 11 minutes in the first and 3 in the 3rd over 60 minutes

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Nogier skating with the main group. The number one thing that this team is lacking is skill on the back end, maybe Nogier's the answer.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Nogier skating with the main group. The number one thing that this team is lacking is skill on the back end, maybe Nogier's the answer.

Nogier is never the answer... I know that when I think of skill, I think of Nogier :sarcasm:

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
With Dubois and Wheeler apparently 100% it's Montreal that should be worried about the Jets. :nod: Scheifele, Dubois, Connor , Ehlers , Wheeler, Stastny , that's a awesome top 6 if you ask me.
Replace Stastny with Appleton and now you're cooking with gas!

Reactions: BatVader

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
With Dubois and Wheeler apparently 100% it's Montreal that should be worried about the Jets. :nod: Scheifele, Dubois, Connor , Ehlers , Wheeler, Stastny , that's a awesome top 6 if you ask me.
I’d drop Stastny and Wheeler to the 3rd line with Vesa, and put Copp and Appleton up.
Copp - Scheif - Ehlers
Connor - PLD - Appleton
Vesa - Stastny - Wheeler
Perreault - Lowry - Lewis

that’s a damn nice C lineup that can be built around in multiple configurations.... but PoMo insists on Lowry at 3C and Thompson at 4C and playing one of Stastny or PLD at wing

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Two things

COVID takes away the Habs "home ice advantage" at Bell MTS Place.
I hope this and the fact that we play them 9 times will add up to that elusive home win over the team in red.

Counter attack - The Jets can't be their own worst enemy with mistakes that lead to an abundance of scoring chances for MTL. We get away with a lot of sloppy play in our end and MTL is built to capitalize on those moments.

Ok make it 3 things...

We could really use a Connor hot streak. He looks like he's lost a lot of confidence since his great start and has been streaky before. KFC on fire would go a long way to getting the Jets to the promise land. Why do so many of our HF Jets faithful misspell Kyle's last name?
Is that Connor Macleod of the Clan Macleod?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm not to sure where else to post this.
First off as clarification I'm not trying to vilify a local business but isn't THIS (see below) in pretty f@#$ing poor taste? WTF?

XP9jKS6.jpg

yYnniEx.jpg

Upon closer inspection this picture is from an older season (as Ladd is in the photo).
Why are they using a picture of an injured Bryan Little?
By that thought pattern shouldn't the dog in the other picture be hurt too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce