Confirmed Signing with Link: Montreal re-sign Max domi [2 years/$3.15M AAV]

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
You clearly didnt get my point, again...
Im not saying they are all as good.. im saying they all dont score goals because they have other strength.. jesus christ dude

I didn't get your point because it was terrible. Career high of 36 assists. Who's he going to be feeding the puck to in Montreal?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Montreal fans are going to love him soon enough. He's more skilled than he is being given credit for right now.

Reactions: _Del_

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
basically 9 goals in each of last 3 seasons is the reason for the low contract, if he had around 20 goals it would be closer to 4 or more million.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Going to form a fearsome top six along with Drouin, Gallagher. Maybe the Habs will trade for Skinner too.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Any reasoning for that? You think he's a bust? Honest question.

I'm a big Domi fan. His dad was my favourite player as a kid, I'm a big London Knights fan and loved him there. I think he is a fine middle 6 winger right now and could potentially have the potential to be more if he is put in the right situation to succeed. My problem is on this incarnation of the Montreal Canadiens he is not going to have the proper cast around him to put him into successful situations and I feel that by half way through his 2nd season with the Habs, the fans and media are going to slightly turn on him and you will begin to see him on the trade bait board. Not to mention by that time he will be almost 25 so if there is a change of management or philosophy there (ie: rebuild) he would be a semi valuable asset to move at that time as a pending rfa.

If Domi was put on a loaded team I think he could run shotgun with a true top line with the best of them, but the Habs don't have that. Just my opinion anyways.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
My problem is on this incarnation of the Montreal Canadiens he is not going to have the proper cast around him to put him into successful situations

He will have a much better cast than he did with arizona... In his first 2 years, Domi was basically the best forward for arizona and a top 2 player for their team.
In Montreal, there is Pacioretty, Gallagher, Drouin, Weber and Price who will have bigger roles than Domi.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
He will have a much better cast than he did with arizona... In his first 2 years, Domi was basically the best forward for arizona and a top 2 player for their team.
In Montreal, there is Pacioretty, Gallagher, Drouin, Weber and Price who will have bigger roles than Domi.

I'm not convinced Patches will be back and I think Weber has begun his descent. His return from the injury is going to be very telling. It's very much a fluid situation. Montreal's cast will be no better than Arizona's from this past season, imo.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
As a Coyotes fan I think this is fair. It's a bridge deal that's a few hundred thousand more than what I was hoping he'd sign for in Arizona. I was also wanting only a 1-year bridge deal so that may be why the salaries a bit higher.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Its a fine bridge contract. Its just.... Domi hasnt impressed me. Maybe the change of scenery helps, maybe doesnt. Seems ok.

Habs need to do a lot more than this to be competitive though

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
math isn't really my forte but...he had one year barely over 50 points and the other two not so I don't think that's how averages work. you guys will just blindly slather love over everything anyway so not that it matters. I guess the hope is he'll make other people score goals, then?
I'll give you a hand.

135/222 x 82 = 49.86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad