Confirmed Signing with Link: Montreal re-sign Max domi [2 years/$3.15M AAV]

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Can't argue that contract.
I agree but its not really good either longterm. If he plays bad it sucks for Habs because the trade will be bad and they need him to be good. If he plays good the next two years he will get tons of money on his next deal which would suck for Habs aswell when they could have signed him longterm now.
I understand why they bridged him though, he hasnt exactly been great the last two seasons. Think it was a great trade for Arizona btw, dont really like it for Habs. They need centers and d, not another winger.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'll give you a hand.

135/222 x 82 = 49.86

or you could go with the actual average in the context it's usually used (by season) when someone says "averages 50 points". but thanks. if he gets injured for the season 10 games in while getting 10 assists i look forward to the reported jump in production and consider you have a bargain on your hands.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
or you could go with the actual average in the context it's usually used (by season) when someone says "averages 50 points". but thanks. if he gets injured for the season 10 games in while getting 10 assists i look forward to the reported jump in production and consider you have a bargain on your hands.
Were you being trumpish when you said that maths was not your forte ?

Oh well...

There's a world of difference between a 222 games sample vs a 50 game sample.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Were you being trumpish when you said that maths was not your forte ?

Oh well...

There's a world of difference between a 222 games sample vs a 50 game sample.

Trumpish? In all honesty 45 points a season isn't much of a difference to me in player value vs 50 anyway if we're talking mostly assists. The fact that it's two years makes the deal more palatable to me i guess. Provides plenty of motivation for him to improve and if it doesn't work out well MTL isn't that committed.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
His golf game will continue to flourish without having to worry about the playoffs.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
That averages to $255,555 per goal when you take the 18 goals he has scored over the last 2 seasons lol. Not that it really means anything. Just interesting.
Caggiula just signed 2 years @ 1,5 AAV 20 goals in last 120 gp Domi 6.3 million 18 goals in last 141 games , How do people think this is a great deal

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If he doesn’t produce over the next two years, his chances of ever getting a “pay day” decrease dramatically.

I never understood bickering over a few 100k on a two year deal.

Domi is the one under pressure here, not the Canadiens.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Then I guess you'd also kick McDavid out of the team for making $12.5M without coming even close to winning the Rocket.
Don't be ridicoulus Caggiula is giving better goals scoring numbers at half the rate Domi is making they're the same age Oilers are tight against cap Domi would do nothing to improve them right now scoring 9 flipping goals a year also McDavid was 6th in goals last year .

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
You do know McDavid had 32 more goals than Domi last year?

Don't be ridicoulus Caggiula is giving better goals scoring numbers at half the rate Domi is making they're the same age Oilers are tight against cap Domi would do nothing to improve them right now scoring 9 flipping goals a year also McDavid was 6th in goals last year .

But since goals are apparently all that matter, you'd expect the most expensive player to be the best goalscorer...

But my point obviously wasn't to actually suggest trading McDavid. There are other attributes than goal scoring that make players worth their salary and contribute in winning games.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
But since goals are apparently all that matter, you'd expect the most expensive player to be the best goalscorer...

But my point obviously wasn't to actually suggest trading McDavid. There are other attributes than goal scoring that make players worth their salary and contribute in winning games.
Goals are not all that matter , try and follow along cap space to output is critical to the Oilers right now . Domi at the moment is not a 3 million dollar player and Oilers surely would not trade for him right now at that amount .

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Goals are not all that matter , try and follow along cap space to output is critical to the Oilers right now . Domi at the moment is not a 3 million dollar player and Oilers surely would not trade for him right now at that amount .

Domi's 45 points last year and career low of 38 points in his first three years makes him absolutely a $3M player. He has top 6 capability, can't say the same about Caggiula.

Reactions: schnapshot

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Caggiula just signed 2 years @ 1,5 AAV 20 goals in last 120 gp Domi 6.3 million 18 goals in last 141 games , How do people think this is a great deal
caggigula has 18 assist in last 2 seasons. domi has 65 assists. plus he adds tenacity.

theres more to hockey than just goals

Reactions: Baksfamous112

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad