OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Which is somehow worse than "A bunch of garbage + Billy Talent" because....?

Just cause it's in Toronto doesn't make it a worse show man, hate to break it to you but their line up kills ours currently and it's not even close.
Okay I have to say, huge bodom fan here. I could probably name you 10 bodom songs that I find to be just down right groundbreakingly awesome metal music. But yeah, their last few "efforts" (for lack of a better word) have been just damn pathetic.

I really didn't like the new All That Remains CD either, after "The Fall of Ideals" it must have been tough to follow up but come on.... and they aren't at Heavy MTL this year :cry:

If Megadeth/Slayer would come though I'd probably go. Especially if it were on the Bodom day.

never said it did mr.sensitive pants. i wouldn't call motorhead,unearth,in flames,devildriver,COB,the sword,opeth,machine head,kingdom of sorrow garbage

neofury*

If they play all of their best songs including a song I love Strutter, I won't be upset the least bit. I did hear last time they were here the show was very mediocre though. Same with aerosmith, heard their last show in Montreal was pretty awful.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
there is still a few spots left in the show and i wonder who they may try to get still.

cradle of filth
cavalera conspirecy
dimmu borgir
a perfect circle

could any of these bands end up playing day 2

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
If they play all of their best songs including a song I love Strutter, I won't be upset the least bit. I did hear last time they were here the show was very mediocre though. Same with aerosmith, heard their last show in Montreal was pretty awful.

last time they came was like a week before they released Sonic Boom and it sounded like a radio commercial, paul repeating to go buy this at wal-mart every so often.... also the played the bell centre only 3 months before in july, so the whole upper-deck was empty compared to their first show... but it was far from sucking.. the show was awesome.
it was their Alive 35 tour, playing all the songs from Alive I and adding all their later classics in the encore (detroit rock city, love gun, i love it loud, black diamond), they actually went for like an hour in the encore. they didnt play a bad song.

anyways, im even more exited for them playing an out-door venue.... the fireworks go waaaay high in the sky.
adding a little lemmy and motorhead is just better.

neofury*

last time they came was like a week before they released Sonic Boom and it sounded like a radio commercial, paul repeating to go buy this at wal-mart every so often.... also the played the bell centre only 3 months before in july, so the whole upper-deck was empty compared to their first show... but it was far from sucking.. the show was awesome.
it was their Alive 35 tour, playing all the songs from Alive I and adding all their later classics in the encore (detroit rock city, love gun, i love it loud, black diamond), they actually went for like an hour in the encore. they didnt play a bad song.

anyways, im even more exited for them playing an out-door venue.... the fireworks go waaaay high in the sky.
adding a little lemmy and motorhead is just better.

It may have been the previous concert. Either way, I still want to see them! People crying about Kiss = QQers.

PaganKnight

Jul 29, 2009
Montreal
there is still a few spots left in the show and i wonder who they may try to get still.

cradle of filth
cavalera conspirecy
dimmu borgir
a perfect circle

could any of these bands end up playing day 2

No chance for Cradle of Filth I think they're making Europe Summer festival this year and they play like one month ago in Montreal. In a interview with Paul Allender on metaluniverse.net he said that they did not even know we have a summer festival. But he also said that he would love to play there once. But it'll not be this year.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009

Can't make any excuses for Aerosmith. If they played a bad show, that really does suck. They've been very good in the past. As for KISS, don't expect anything big. Don't expect them to be amazing when they play their classics. The only way that happens is if Ace and Peter join them on stage and it's just like the good ol' days.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
well it's a common misconception. People think the QQ is a sort of emoticon meant to look like crying eyes. Goes back to the old days of battle.net where hitting alt,Q,Q was a quick way to qtd.

Never knew that. By the way, for all those who are chewing me out for not liking this era's version of KISS...

1975 KISS, with Peter Criss on drums and Ace Frehley on lead guitar:

2009 KISS, with Eric Singer on drums and Tommy Thayer on lead guitar:

Enjoy the show. :)

neofury*

You realize that the proper definition of 'qqing' is rage quiting and not crying, right?

You realize now a days it's both right? I didn't say qqing first off, I said QQing. Secondly I played every single Blizzard game ever made practically, and believe me it has both meanings now a days.

Who cares what the original meaning is when 90% of the people who use it now a days use it for the meaning I used it for?

Plus even originally, it was meant like "ALT-qq quit and go cry about it" or "ALT-qq go cry and uninstall the game".

It was almost notoriously a response to crybabies.

That's like me wearing a swastica and being all like "hey you do know the original meaning isn't bad right?" herp dee derp. C'mon.

I disagree about it being a misconception. People just made it that way because it fit the bill. 90% of the time when you say that it's because the other person is crying anyways. I lost 3 years of my life to Wc3 alone let alone the others haha, even back before the days of people using QQ as crying it was still intended for people who were crybabies so it makes sense.

I'm done QQing about people's comments about QQing now :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
You realize now a days it's both right? I didn't say qqing first off, I said QQing. Secondly I played every single Blizzard game ever made practically, and believe me it has both meanings now a days.

Who cares what the original meaning is when 90% of the people who use it now a days use it for the meaning I used it for?

Plus even originally, it was meant like "ALT-qq quit and go cry about it" or "ALT-qq go cry and uninstall the game".

It was almost notoriously a response to crybabies.

That's like me wearing a swastica and being all like "hey you do know the original meaning isn't bad right?" herp dee derp. C'mon.

So fans of the original KISS line-up that don't like the new line-up and won't pay to see the show, are crybabies now?

neofury*

So fans of the original KISS line-up that don't like the new line-up and won't pay to see the show, are crybabies now?

No, what I mean is people going to this concert for other bands that are crying about the fact that Kiss is there, are QQers.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
No, what I mean is people going to this concert for other bands that are crying about the fact that Kiss is there, are QQers.

Completely understand.

I'm no metal fan, but if Ace and Peter were still there, I'd pay to see the show just for them. Or if Scorpions or Hammerfall showed up, probably.

neofury*

for the younger crowd... NOFX and Underoath in the ottawa region this summer

http://www.outaouaisrock.org/

NoFx is a really great live band. I mean really though for a punk band they're awesome.

Underoath I've never listened to but I heard they went from being a great up and coming band to one of the worst bands imaginable almost over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad