OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaganKnight

Jul 29, 2009
Montreal
The rest I either never listened to, am indifferent about or just don't care.

How sad is it that day 2 is better than day 1?

CoB + Kiss alone >>>>> In flames + Day 1

Billy Talent alone makes day 1 absolutely dreadful. Maybe if they were an opening act but I bet they're borderline headlining.

Any songs to recommend? Will possibly buy tickets just cause of CoB for day two and would like to check out some of their better stuff :)

Also As I Lay Dying, aren't they a screamo band?

As I lay is a good band to get some Hot Dog and go eating Haha

Last edited:

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
I've calmed myself and have come to the conclusion that the good bands on Day 2 in T.O. will in fact be added to day 1 in MTL. They said right from the get go that the entire point of adding Heavy TO was to give them another option for the bands to play, a one day stop over wasn't preferred.

You add Slayer and the other bands who played last year to the lineup and all of a sudden it's pretty solid again, even with Billy Talentless.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The Sword's last album actually surprised me. Good band.

Saw them live a while back. One of the most boring performances I've ever seen

Lineup looks weak as ****. Had they put Bodom and In Flames on the same day I might have considered shelling out the cash. Wouldn't be surprised to see billy talent get booed off stage. Why don't they just get Nickelback next year?

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
So the Sword not great live eh? Too bad. Their last album really is leaps and bounds from their older stuff. A bit more polished but definitely a lot of direction and theme to the album as a whole.

Too bad Bison BC isn't there. Canadian band and you talk about live performance these guys are tops. Just brilliant live.

Someone mentioned Baroness yesterday. Guess they're not there either. Another band that would have been a great fit.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
So the Sword not great live eh? Too bad. Their last album really is leaps and bounds from their older stuff. A bit more polished but definitely a lot of direction and theme to the album as a whole.

Too bad Bison BC isn't there. Canadian band and you talk about live performance these guys are tops. Just brilliant live.

Someone mentioned Baroness yesterday. Guess they're not there either. Another band that would have been a great fit.

I'll check out their newest stuff. They were excruciating to stand through. Nobody was moving, nothing was happening. :help:

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005

Bison BC is awesome beyond words

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
Also a HUGE Bison fan, saw them again recently (a few months back) in a tiny club and it was the best show I've been to in years. Nothing but Beards and Riffs!

Still holding out hope that the bands "tba" will include Baroness and Goatwhore.

Last edited:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
children of bodom
devildriver
motorhead
unearth
godsmack
anthrax
opeth

day 2 saved the festival with more to come.......:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=155640

Heavy T.O. lineup

Saturday, July 23:

MEGADETH
ANTHRAX
OPETH
MOTORHEAD
CHILDREN OF BODOM
AS I LAY DYING
THE SWORD
TIMES OF GRACE
DEVILDRIVER

Sunday, July 24:

ROB ZOMBIE
BILLY TALENT
SLAYER
MASTODON
TESTAMENT
BAPTIZED IN BLOOD
ANVIL
MELISSA AUF DER MAUR

I'm there. This embaresses the Heavy MTL lineup, although I'd love to see Machine Head.

not really. toronto is just getting heavy mtl 2010 + billy talent

Vic Rattlehead*

and they miss out on in flames :laugh:

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

In Flames haven't put out a good album since Clayman (although Reroute to Remain isn't too shabby).

Although I did see them live a couple of years ago and they put on a good show.

COB on day 2...alright I guess. I'm a fan, but I've seen them so often now that it doesn't mean much anymore.

Would have preferred it if Machine Head and In Flames were on day 2 as well, but I honestly only want to go to see Opeth if given the choice between either day. Missed them back in '09 and have regretted it ever since.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
That's not necessarily a bad thing.

In Flames haven't put out a good album since Clayman (although Reroute to Remain isn't too shabby).

Although I did see them live a couple of years ago and they put on a good show.

Their new stuff isn't bad IMO, it's just not melo death anymore, which is a shame. Come clarity was a terrible album though. Can't really put a label on what 'sense of purpose' was but the writing was solid both ways. I can see how some people can be disappointed, though. My two favorite bands are bodom and in flames (for their past albums, obv.) In flames has changed whereas bodom has just degenerated. Both make me a bit sad.

neofury*

not really. toronto is just getting heavy mtl 2010 + billy talent

Which is somehow worse than "A bunch of garbage + Billy Talent" because....?

Just cause it's in Toronto doesn't make it a worse show man, hate to break it to you but their line up kills ours currently and it's not even close.

Their new stuff isn't bad IMO, it's just not melo death anymore, which is a shame. Come clarity was a terrible album though. Can't really put a label on what 'sense of purpose' was but the writing was solid both ways. I can see how some people can be disappointed, though. My two favorite bands are bodom and in flames (for their past albums, obv.) In flames has changed whereas bodom has just degenerated. Both make me a bit sad.

Okay I have to say, huge bodom fan here. I could probably name you 10 bodom songs that I find to be just down right groundbreakingly awesome metal music. But yeah, their last few "efforts" (for lack of a better word) have been just damn pathetic.

I really didn't like the new All That Remains CD either, after "The Fall of Ideals" it must have been tough to follow up but come on.... and they aren't at Heavy MTL this year :cry:

If Megadeth/Slayer would come though I'd probably go. Especially if it were on the Bodom day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad