OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Yeah, it was pretty cool (basically since it had the National...). None of the bands mentioned interest me outside of EitS and I wouldn't pay $60 to see them.

I haven't listened to EitS in ages so I don't know if their style has changed, but if not I doubt they would be worth seeing in a festival setting anyway. They seem like a band more suited for an intimate show.

I found a bootleg of the QotSA show from last weekend, I haven't listened to much but it seems like it's very good quality. If anyone wants the link I'll PM it to them.

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
I was trying to think of who would be cool as a wtf out-of-the-blue, older 'I thought they retired' band, and I've decided that it should be the Violent Femmes.

Totally idiosyncratic on my part, but whatever.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
I was trying to think of who would be cool as a wtf out-of-the-blue, older 'I thought they retired' band, and I've decided that it should be the Violent Femmes.

Totally idiosyncratic on my part, but whatever.

Wow.... I was totally discussing the very same thing with a friend today and I came up with Violent Femmes too :amazed:

mind=blown

but unfortunately, they broke up in 2009 and won't come here.

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
Wow.... I was totally discussing the very same thing with a friend today and I came up with Violent Femmes too :amazed:

mind=blown

but unfortunately, they broke up in 2009 and won't come here.

Haha, wow -- that's weird and hilarious.

Not about the band breaking up though, that effin sucks.

Vic Rattlehead*

I haven't listened to EitS in ages so I don't know if their style has changed, but if not I doubt they would be worth seeing in a festival setting anyway. They seem like a band more suited for an intimate show.

I found a bootleg of the QotSA show from last weekend, I haven't listened to much but it seems like it's very good quality. If anyone wants the link I'll PM it to them.

I'd like a link. Was at the show, but would love to hear the show again...yes, they were that good. :yo:

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Bands will come out in a week. Next tuesday to be precise.

I just can't wait. Osheaga = best time of the year for me (except when we're passed the second round).

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Came on here to post this. If you guys are up to date on when the lineup will be announced then Iureaure you've heard some of the rumoured headliners. If you had your choice , who would close on Saturday and Sunday ?

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Came on here to post this. If you guys are up to date on when the lineup will be announced then Iureaure you've heard some of the rumoured headliners. If you had your choice , who would close on Saturday and Sunday ?

I have no idea how it started and it's most likely false, but there's a rumour about Eminem coming to Osheaga. I don't think he's been back in MTL since the Marshall Mathers LP came out.

Anyways, I grew up a huge fan of Em (I own all his CDs, including the 8 Mile soundtrack, and also the DVD) so yeah, that would pretty much make my summer. The Strokes would be another good headliner, not to mention Radiohead would be awesome as well, but I already saw them live when they came to MTL two years ago.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
The Osheaga 2011 lineup: Eminem, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, The Flaming Lips play The Soft Bulletin, Death Cab for Cutie, The Tragically Hip, Death From Above 1979, Kid Cudi, Bright Eyes, City and Colour, Ratatat, Karkwa, Sam Roberts Band, Malajube, Beirut, Bran Van 3000, Crystal Castles, Bassnectar, MSTRKRFT, John Butler Trio, The Sounds, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Sia, Jamie xx, Claude Von Stroke, Eels,

Yoav, Mountain Goats, ****ed Up, White Lies, Braids, Hey Rosetta!, Lights, Robot Koch, Shad, Manchester Orchestra, Twin Shadow, Anna Calvi, Smith Westerns, Tokyo Police Club, Jimmy Hunt, Galaxie, PS I Love You, Mother Mother, Suuns, The Joy Formidable, Brother, Natalia Kills, Girl Unit, The Low Anthem, The Luyas, Elephant Stone, The High Dials, Passwords, Jesuslesfilles, Typhoon

Aug 25, 2009
éal
The Osheaga 2011 lineup: Eminem, Elvis Costello & The Imposters, The Flaming Lips play The Soft Bulletin, Death Cab for Cutie, The Tragically Hip, Death From Above 1979, Kid Cudi, Bright Eyes, City and Colour, Ratatat, Karkwa, Sam Roberts Band, Malajube, Beirut, Bran Van 3000, Crystal Castles, Bassnectar, MSTRKRFT, John Butler Trio, The Sounds, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Sia, Jamie xx, Claude Von Stroke, Eels,

Yoav, Mountain Goats, ****ed Up, White Lies, Braids, Hey Rosetta!, Lights, Robot Koch, Shad, Manchester Orchestra, Twin Shadow, Anna Calvi, Smith Westerns, Tokyo Police Club, Jimmy Hunt, Galaxie, PS I Love You, Mother Mother, Suuns, The Joy Formidable, Brother, Natalia Kills, Girl Unit, The Low Anthem, The Luyas, Elephant Stone, The High Dials, Passwords, Jesuslesfilles, Typhoon

Except for Ratatat, Malajube, Beirut, Emininem, Eels and Karkwa, this really sucks. And I don't really want to see Eminem inshow anyway. It's cool they gave more space to local artists as Jimmy Hunt and Karkwa but really, overall such a week lineup for me. No real headliners if you're not a fan of Crystal Castle, Kid Cudi or Eminem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad