OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Hope to see you and actually talk to you this time!

That would be cool. I'm waiting for the lineup to come out, but if it's as good as last year I'll go for sure.

Death from Above 1979 is confirmed for Osheaga. Another band that I've read rumoured to be attending are The Strokes (they have an upcoming new album). Bands on my wishlist would be: Mumford & Sons, Florence + the Machine, Justice, amongst some others of course. Anyways, we shall find out the lineup soon enough (and they'll also add to it as they go along).

Last edited:

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Death from Above 1979 is confirmed for Osheaga. Another band that I've read rumoured to be attending are The Strokes (they have an upcoming new album). Bands on my wishlist would be: Mumford & Sons, Florence + the Machine, Justice, amongst some others of course. Anyways, we shall find out the lineup soon enough (and they'll also add to it as they go along).

I know and I'm ecstatic to see DFA. Also official are Explosion in the sky, Blood Surfer and Errors.

Really, reaaaaally excited about EitS coming.

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005

+1 on both for me.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'll be at Osheaga for sure. There's no ****ing way I'm missing DFA.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I know and I'm ecstatic to see DFA. Also official are Explosion in the sky, Blood Surfer and Errors.

Really, reaaaaally excited about EitS coming.

Just an fyi, it's Surfer Blood. Smith Westerns also confirmed, which will be awesome.

I really wish they would start releasing more bands.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
It really doesn't matter who ends up playing . I'm going to go one way or another. It's ust nice being outside and listening to music. That said, I'm sure the lineup will be great . The festival has been steadily improving year after year so I don't see why it would regress dramatically. It may not have a headliner comparable to Arcade Fire but the lineup will likely be very deep. However as was mentioned earlier, Strokes are rumored to be playing and that would be awesome. I'd be just as excited about seeing them as I was with Arcade Fire

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Just an fyi, it's Surfer Blood. Smith Westerns also confirmed, which will be awesome.

I really wish they would start releasing more bands.

Yup, I read about this yesterday as well, so I thought I'd listen to one of their songs. Pretty good.

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
They're very good . Only a handful of bands confirmed and I'd love to see 3 of them so things are looking good so far

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
What seems most encouraging about Osheaga is that each year, the line-ups have been getting bigger names.

So if they had Arcade Fire and Weezer last year - not to mention the Black Keys/Metric/Snoop Dogg (I've seen him twice so far, always a good show) - imagine who may show up at this year's show.

Another rumour I've read is The Beastie Boys, considering they're releasing a new album soon and that they unfortunately had to cancel a few years ago cause MCA was recovering from cancer treatments.

Jedrik

Aug 14, 2005
I think festivals like this are as much about being exposed to new and different stuff as just having a dream lineup anyway. As long as there are one or two intriguing things to draw me in, it'll be fun either way.

PaganKnight

Jul 29, 2009
Montreal
Can't wait to see news from the Quebec city summer festival. The Black keys are great but not sure i'll buy a week pass for them

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
NOFX is also playing Montreal (June 20 and 21). I'll be at the June 20 show.

I'll be at both Montebello shows and both NOFX shows.

A Wilhelm Scream ( sick band ) confimed for Montebello, just like Pennywise, Joey Cape(Lagwagon) Bounsing Souls etc etc .

Simply stunning lineup IMO

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
If DFA, Foo Fighters and the Strokes are at Osheaga I will just lose my mind. All my friends are hipsters and I need to always do so much damn research when I go with them, or else I get the hipster shame.

PaganKnight

Jul 29, 2009
Montreal
The rumor have Metallica on 15 july and Elton John on 8 july for the Festival d'été de Québec... With The Black Keys on 10 july (confirmed) it's looking to be again a solid line-up this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad