OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
does anyone living in the montreal area or going to the show in july know where to find out info about the bands on day 2 or rumors for that matter. i know this has nothing to do with hockey but i was wondering if anyone found out anything . :)

PaganKnight

Jul 29, 2009
Montreal
Well they introduce Heavy Toronto this year maybe if it's a success we'll see a Heavy WPG or a Heavy Vancouver. But it's true we're lucky in Quebec with Summer festival in Quebec and Heavy Mtl.

Dec 2, 2010
Toronto has no good festivals just a couple of tours here and there. I'd love to go this year as I missed the last Hvy MTL :cry:

Hopefully there's less crap like Disturd and Godspat :yo:

PaganKnight

Jul 29, 2009
Montreal
In the same weekend than Heavy Mtl there'll be a festival in Toronto name heavy T.O. I think Megadet will main event one of the day

No 19

Sep 16, 2010
Suicide Silence is playing at Heavy MTL :D
but i might be on vacation :madfire::banghead:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
rumor was that they had talks with system of a down but that isn't happening anymore but 2 bands i did here rumored was tool and rage against the machine.

neofury*

If SOAD were going I don't think I could miss it. If RATM goes I think I could miss it but definitely would not want to.

PepsiMayWest

Nov 7, 2007
Montreal/Ottawa
I'm just glad that the "big 4" isn't gonna be playing Heavy MTL... Watching a bunch of geriatrics play 80's thrash metal doesn't do it for me...
If Tool, SOAD, or RATM is announced I'll be ecstatic, too bad Godsmack is there and Alter Bridge is only playing Canada in August :(

Dec 2, 2010
I'm just glad that the "big 4" isn't gonna be playing Heavy MTL... Watching a bunch of geriatrics play 80's thrash metal doesn't do it for me...(
Truth is: Only Megadeth can still perform any of their songs perfectly. I'd still rather see Exodus and Testament.

Tool and RATM would be good.

neofury*

Megadeth is insanely good and Metallica are still good when playing their older stuff. Not quite sure why anyone would be angry if they were in the line up :laugh:

Tool only plays serious festivals.

Good to be honest I've never been a fan and would rather they don't take the place of a good band I do enjoy listening to.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Megadeth is insanely good and Metallica are still good when playing their older stuff. Not quite sure why anyone would be angry if they were in the line up :laugh:

Good to be honest I've never been a fan and would rather they don't take the place of a good band I do enjoy listening to.

A differing taste of music. I would skip sets by Megadeth or Metallica.. and I'd only make the road trip to see this festival if Tool was playing (my favorite band of all time).

But, like I said, Tool generally only plays serious festivals and I don't think they've ever played one in Canada. They normally do three Canadian shows, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver on their tours. I saw them a couple years back in Boston.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
A differing taste of music. I would skip sets by Megadeth or Metallica.. and I'd only make the road trip to see this festival if Tool was playing (my favorite band of all time).

But, like I said, Tool generally only plays serious festivals and I don't think they've ever played one in Canada. They normally do three Canadian shows, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver on their tours. I saw them a couple years back in Boston.

i saw tool headline edgefest in barrie ontario on the lateralus tour. well worth the 5 hour drive from quebec :yo:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
so its march 11 and still no news. the website said the line up would be out early march.does this mean that they can't get anyone good for day 2 and we are stuck with poison,warrant and anvil.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad