OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i read the rumors too; cant complain about metallica.need to see the prices to really be convinced.
metallica is the kind of band i can just sit outside the fence on the grass with my beer and listen to the show.

http://www.musikuniverse.net/nouvelles.php?id_nouvelle=20687

-theyre finally getting rid of those reserved sitting section. its gonna be a multi-level platform.
-90`s grunge , punk, prog, alternatif bands will be added
-wrestling again this year
-4 stages (ugg)

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Honestly it's about time Metallica play this festival. It will be the biggest crowd by far since heavy mtl started. And LOG :yo:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
i read the rumors too; cant complain about metallica.need to see the prices to really be convinced.
metallica is the kind of band i can just sit outside the fence on the grass with my beer and listen to the show.

http://www.musikuniverse.net/nouvelles.php?id_nouvelle=20687

-theyre finally getting rid of those reserved sitting section. its gonna be a multi-level platform.
-90`s grunge , punk, prog, alternatif bands will be added
-wrestling again this year
-4 stages (ugg)

90's grunge you say. Soundgarden and AIC would be awesome to add. Here's hoping.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Outaouais Rockfest:

-Special limited presale tomorrow (Thursday) at 6pm EST! This is to make sure that the real fans get their tickets before the general public, as it should be sold out very quickly this year!
-Lineup announcement and general on-sale on Wednesday March 12th!
-Prepare extra underwear.

hmm... they really are milking this.

https://www.facebook.com/pnrockfest

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Outaouais Rockfest:

-Special limited presale tomorrow (Thursday) at 6pm EST! This is to make sure that the real fans get their tickets before the general public, as it should be sold out very quickly this year!
-Lineup announcement and general on-sale on Wednesday March 12th!
-Prepare extra underwear.

hmm... they really are milking this.

Where did you get this announcement? FB?

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
Sounds like the Heavy Montreal organizers went all out this time.

Metallica is guaranteed money. The supporting cast wont be as important as other years.
Metallica alone sold out 2 BC shows 4 years ago.

Plus it seems lamb of God will be there as well.

Would love Soundgarden. Heres hopin

Captain_Cunney

Sep 26, 2005
Bowling Alley
I go to heavy every year and while foo fighters aren't that appealing they are more interesting to me than kiss, Korn and A7X to be honest. Even someone like Alice in chains would be preferred, throw in some twisted sister for a flash back.

I don't mind the rock addition if it cuts back on some of the bland garbage "core" bands. Airborne is a rock band and they really had a great stage performance when they played.

Bring me some Stoner rock though, Vista chino, clutch, witchcraft and fu manchu would be solid.

I'm due for a Slayer and Motorhead return & would love to see one of LOGs 2 festival appearances be here, make up for the last time (calling for high on fire for the same reason).

Calling for more of an across the pond flair also, bring me some enslaved, behemoth, alestorm, kreator, destruction, immortal, candlemass, morbid angel, ghost, orange goblin, etc.

And more Canadians, eh. Bring back 3 inches and get bison Bc and aniients here!

Last edited:

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
If Metallica is there, watch out Parc Jean-Drapeau, you'll be full in a matter of time.

OT: Unibroue WAS some really high quality beer, it not really anymore, or their quality standards dropped a lot since it was bought by Sleeman. My Maudite doesn't taste the same as my Maudite tasted back in 2006. It is still very good, but far from what it was.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sounds like the Heavy Montreal organizers went all out this time.

Metallica is guaranteed money. The supporting cast wont be as important as other years.
Metallica alone sold out 2 BC shows 4 years ago.

Plus it seems lamb of God will be there as well.

Would love Soundgarden. Heres hopin

I'm not a big Lamb of God fan...

But I always really appreciated their shows.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I go to heavy every year and while foo fighters aren't that appealing they are more interesting to me than kiss, Korn and A7X to be honest. Even someone like Alice in chains would be preferred, throw in some twisted sister for a flash back.

I don't mind the rock addition if it cuts back on some of the bland garbage "core" bands. Airborne is a rock band and they really had a great stage performance when they played.

Bring me some Stoner rock though, Vista chino, clutch, witchcraft and fu manchu would be solid.

I'm due for a Slayer and Motorhead return & would love to see one of LOGs 2 festival appearances be here, make up for the last time (calling for high on fire for the same reason).

Calling for more of an across the pond flair also, bring me some enslaved, behemoth, alestorm, kreator, destruction, immortal, candlemass, morbid angel, ghost, orange goblin, etc.

And more Canadians, eh. Bring back 3 inches and get bison Bc and aniients here!

I'm so sad that I missed Kreator man.. I'd love to see them.

If Metallica is there, watch out Parc Jean-Drapeau, you'll be full in a matter of time.

OT: Unibroue WAS some really high quality beer, it not really anymore, or their quality standards dropped a lot since it was bought by Sleeman. My Maudite doesn't taste the same as my Maudite tasted back in 2006. It is still very good, but far from what it was.

Yeah, thats good... But Sleeman bought Unibroue in 2004, so you're taste buds are just playing you tricks.

Sapporo bought Sleeman in 2006.

Blanche the chambly won prizes each year since 2009. You're just trying too hard to be a hipster now.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Heavy Montreal line up at 6pm

Musik Universe teases: métal underground, punk legends, hard rock and 2 really solid head liners.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Heavy MTL
1979588_10152267516709672_1846879030_n.jpg

DRI
Body Count!
****ed up!

honestly not bad. not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.