OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Heavy Mtl lineup is SICK !!!

Metallica , Slayer , Anthrax , Epica , Symphony X , Bad Religion , Offspring , Pennywise , Cynic , Overkill , Grimskunk.....

Just wow. If i'm not there it's because i'm dead lol

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, Overkill... I just woke up in a mid-80s flashback or what? Pretty tempting... :yo:

And no Foo Fighters... although a few non-heavy bands.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Any ideas on the price ?

100$+ per day ?

To me, it doesn't matter! Like someone said above. If I'm not there, I better be dead.

images

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... Meh. I don't know -- Metallica is great, but them on any show mostly screams "show got way more expansive".

Glad to see Symphony X and Alestorm.

Also, that lineup looks A LOT like Montebello's last year...

EDIT : BODY COUNT?!?!? WTF!!!

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
... Meh. I don't know -- Metallica is great, but them on any show mostly screams "show got way more expansive".

Glad to see Symphony X and Alestorm.

Also, that lineup looks A LOT like Montebello's last year...

EDIT : BODY COUNT?!?!? WTF!!!

im so happy to see Body Count. never in my life i thought i would get the chance.
Ice-T has always been a big Metal fan and their lyrics fit the theme pretty well.

its weird its the only type of band like that, but im happy they didnt add more and screwed the festival, tourning it into a little bit of everything.

i just noticed Madball is also there.
now hopefully theres a day better than the other so i dont get to pay for the full festival.
with Metallica it might sell-out

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
im so happy to see Body Count. never in my life i thought i would get the chance.
Ice-T has always been a big Metal fan and their lyrics fit the theme pretty well.

its weird its the only type of band like that, but im happy they didnt add more and screwed the festival, tourning it into a little bit of everything.

i just noticed Madball is also there.
now hopefully theres a day better than the other so i dont get to pay for the full festival.
with Metallica it might sell-out

Add Mass Hysteria to the list of VERY INTERESTING bands...

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I'm not. Elitist metal fans like me do not enjoy the change to this year's lineup. Rockfest already supplied people with big rock and punk bands, and every summer my main weekend was Heavy MTL to see many metal bands I love. I know this year I won't buy my ticket.

I know there is a good amount of good thrash bands, but I happen to be a progressive / death metal fan for the most part, and I have nothing out of this line-up.

Still an awesome line-up and it will sell more tickets than previous ones, but it's not suited for me and I'm kind of angry about this year's change to the formula. It was the only real big metal festival around, and I don't know where to go anymore. I'll think about Wacken, but that's 3000$ right there...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not. Elitist metal fans like me do not enjoy the change to this year's lineup. Rockfest already supplied people with big rock and punk bands, and every summer my main weekend was Heavy MTL to see many metal bands I love. I know this year I won't buy my ticket.

I know there is a good amount of good thrash bands, but I happen to be a progressive / death metal fan for the most part, and I have nothing out of this line-up.

Still an awesome line-up and it will sell more tickets than previous ones, but it's not suited for me and I'm kind of angry about this year's change to the formula. It was the only real big metal festival around, and I don't know where to go anymore. I'll think about Wacken, but that's 3000$ right there...

So you tend to prefer metalcore bands ? Last year was about 80% core bands. This lineup is about real metal.

Aside from Mastodon, Megadeth, Danzig, Phil H, Finntroll and Newsted there was nothing good. Only some really teeny metal.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Well... Symphony X ....?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Metallica will be playing their one and only North American performance of 2014 at HEAVY MONTRÉAL. Not only will fans get to rock out to one of the greatest bands of all time, they’ll get to choose the setlist as well! HEAVY MONTRÉAL pass purchasers will receive a unique code to vote for the songs they want to hear Metallica play via Metallica’s website.

http://heavymontreal.com/blog/metallica-by-request/

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
So you tend to prefer metalcore bands ? Last year was about 80% core bands. This lineup is about real metal.

Aside from Mastodon, Megadeth, Danzig, Phil H, Finntroll and Newsted there was nothing good. Only some really teeny metal.

At The Gates, Havoc, Amon Amarth...

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
DRI
Body Count!
****ed up!

honestly not bad. not bad at all.

DRI won't pass customs, they said it on their FB page, and they don't know why they're on the lineup.
And for Unibroue, maybe it just tastes all the same because I dug to taste some other microbrew beers, so yes, I'm a beer hipster now. I prefer the term beergeek than beer hipster though, lol.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

More bands will be added later on in the summer. There always is. This is where you may get a few death metal bands which I hope is the case because I love that style of metal also but love the trash metal giants that are on the bill this year. When the none metal acts are playing that's when you hit the bar except when Dropkick Murphy's are playing cause that's just a good Irish style drunk.....

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
I want Dyers Eve or Fight Fire with Fire, just to watch Lars fails on drums so badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad