OT: Montreal music festivals (Heavy MTL/Osheaga etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Osheaga 2014 yet. They released this asking fans to guess which bands will be performing this summer.

osheaga-final-teaser.jpg

The most popular guesses so far:

Outkast
Cut/Copy
Foster the People
Bastille
Band of Horses
CHVRCHES
Portugal the Man
Jack White
Pearl Jam
Tiga
Pusha T
Chromeo
Crosses
the 1975
SBTRKT
Queens of the Stone Age
Vance Joy
The Beaches
Lykke Li
Lorde
HAIM
Kanye West
Skrillex
Gogol Bordello
Hey Rosetta
Royal Canoe
Half Moon Run
Alt-J
Justice
St. Vincent
St. Lucia
Metronomy
Of Montreal!
Garbage
Four tet
The Kooks
Danny Brown
Flume
Modest Mouse
Jon Lajoie
Ode5za
​Sam Roberts
Bassnectar

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
One of my buddies posted the following list on his FB as confirmed artists/groups (No clue how accurate it is though)

Outkast
Lorde
Lykki li
J.Cole
Artic Monkeys
Haim
Pusha T
Band of Horses
Jack White
Half Moon Run
Danny Brown
Gogol Bordello
Mac Demarco
Bas
Local Natives
Skrillex
CHVRCHES
the 1975
Old Crow Médicine Show
Hey Rosetta
Chromeo
Cut Copy
SBTRKT
AFI
ST Lucia
Joey Bada$$
Portugal the Man
Foster the People
Chance The Rapper
Kodaline

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
So far I'm not disappointed to be missing it. There isn't much that appeals to me aside from Arctic Monkeys. Can't wait for the Arcade Fire show at the end of August though.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
One of my buddies posted the following list on his FB as confirmed artists/groups (No clue how accurate it is though)

Outkast
Lorde
Lykki li
J.Cole
Artic Monkeys
Haim
Pusha T
Band of Horses
Jack White
Half Moon Run
Danny Brown
Gogol Bordello
Mac Demarco
Bas
Local Natives
Skrillex
CHVRCHES
the 1975
Old Crow Médicine Show
Hey Rosetta
Chromeo
Cut Copy
SBTRKT
AFI
ST Lucia
Joey Bada$$
Portugal the Man
Foster the People
Chance The Rapper
Kodaline

Just awful.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm not. Elitist metal fans like me do not enjoy the change to this year's lineup. Rockfest already supplied people with big rock and punk bands, and every summer my main weekend was Heavy MTL to see many metal bands I love. I know this year I won't buy my ticket.

I know there is a good amount of good thrash bands, but I happen to be a progressive / death metal fan for the most part, and I have nothing out of this line-up.

Still an awesome line-up and it will sell more tickets than previous ones, but it's not suited for me and I'm kind of angry about this year's change to the formula. It was the only real big metal festival around, and I don't know where to go anymore. I'll think about Wacken, but that's 3000$ right there...

Would love to go to Wacken one day. I've watched a ton of live performances on youtube from Wacken, most notably in flames and it always looks so fun.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just awful.

Why is it awful ? I see some pretty good names in there, Outkast, Alt-J, Jack White, Artic Monkeys, Off montreal etc...

If you were referring to Skrillex only, I freaking agree, awful.

He's not THAT bad...

...oh, yes he is. :laugh:

I think it goes further than that. He was good in the 80's but then I think he kind of lost passion for what he did. You can't just stop all you did like that...

Look at early vids, the guy was pretty decent and he also made some super good tracks, now he just doesn't even bother playing them...

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
I think it goes further than that. He was good in the 80's but then I think he kind of lost passion for what he did. You can't just stop all you did like that...

Look at early vids, the guy was pretty decent and he also made some super good tracks, now he just doesn't even bother playing them...

Well, I'm a drummer myself, and if I was playing the same songs over and over for around 25-30 years non-stop, I'd lost my passion too ah!
But he always was a below-average drummer, now he's just below-below-average drummer. But he still can do the job.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Osheaga's rumoured lineup is stacked. Also, Skrillex live is mental. Hate the dude's music, whatever but he puts on a great show.

Anyone going to Pouzza? My band is playing on the saturday.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I was converted to Skrillex when i saw him live. I didnt really care for his music but then i attended the tour at Parc Jean Drapeau 2 summers ago and it was one of the craziest shows i have ever seen.

He's insane live, you can't help but feel the beat.

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
#musicaltalent
#justinbiebercategory
#ipressonbuttons
#iflipswitches
#imakenoises

I let you a year to make 1 better 'techno' song than he does.
I don't like his work, but I can appreciate well made music.
It's easy to make some basic techno songs, it's hard to make good techno songs with a lot of details.
Skrillex's music is pretty well worked out and fined up. I prefer Infected Mushroom's style of 'techno' though.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'm no Skrillex fan, but are you then of the mind that music is only worth listening to if you can visually see some sort of virtuosity behind it?

A instrument would be a good start rather then pushing buttons to make noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad