Speculation: Montreal is now clearly a seller

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Who is fir sale in a hockey trade? No interested in a rental.

Like a player for player deal ? As Tatar and Petry both have a year after this one.

On Montreal pretty much everyone is available except for Suzuki. Though, he's available in a package for

I was going to make a thread, but this is still going so.

Players/picks that are available, but would likely be components to a fairly big trade with the habs getting something really nice in return

On the habs
Nick Suzuki

On Laval
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Ryan Poehling
Cayden Primeau

Prospects
Cole Caufield
Alexander Romanov

Picks
2020 1st
2021 1st.

Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Drouin, Petry, etc are available for picks, prospects, young players.

Cap dumps in a trade for a good player, or just in general are welcome, but if your cap dump has 3, or more years and comes with a cap hit over 5, you better be prepared to pay.

Sending Alzner back reduces the payment, but not by much unless the contracts are pretty much equal. He's more than likely staying here...

Picks don't have to be 2020.

Also taking projects, but their value may differ, so might be hard to reach an agreement

Reactions: Luckylarry

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Habs are still playing Price on back to back games... so it seems that in Habs management view they are not sellers but still trying to make the playoffs. Not sure how long they will keep this up, as almost everyone except them have given up on the Habs making the playoffs.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Don't see Montreal doing much. Trading UFAs and that's about it.

Kovalchuk, Thompson, and Scandella primarily (definitely will retain 50% on Scandella). Probably all for picks from rounds 3-5.

Don't see anyone else going, although I know Montreal fans would love to cash in on Tatar and Petry. Both want to be in Montreal though (for a change) and Bergevin doesn't want to trade them.

With the rise of Suzuki, Domi is likely available too although I don't see Bergevin trading him at the TD. Draft is more likely.

We really need help on D. We lose 1 guy (Weber) and the D completely falls apart. No NHL depth.

Brett Kulak is playing top 4 minutes and he's at most a #6/#7 guy.

All of Montreal's top 3D, Petry, Weber & Chiarot are in the top 25 of minutes played for D in the NHL. With Weber gone, it's gotten ugly.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Habs should fire Bergevin before the trade deadline..............Then, let Timmins get some picks back for Petry/Tatar and Kovy.
Bergevin has done well with trades/contracts aside for a couple. Timmins however, has been pretty bad with picks. I think they should go another direction in the scouting department and give berg someone above him to ensure they are working to a clear direction. They should blow it up but I think there is a way they can rebuild quickly within a couple years if they had some decent scouting to make their picks count.

Reactions: bleuetbio

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Bergevin has done well with trades/contracts aside for a couple. Timmins however, has been pretty bad with picks. I think they should go another direction in the scouting department and give berg someone above him to ensure they are working to a clear direction. They should blow it up but I think there is a way they can rebuild quickly within a couple years if they had some decent scouting to make their picks count.

And Bergevin has connection with some GM and knows what they expect, value or think. It would be a BS move do fire him now

webdev

Nov 3, 2017
Kovalchuk is well rested and playing well. He has some issues yes, but his skill is undeniable. For the short term he can be among best players in NHL. If he is the difference between a cup win or going out in 2nd round. You are only gambling a 3rd round or is equivalent. Maybe 2nd round if bidding gets high.

Best players in the NHL? 2 goals and 2 assists in his last 10 games btw! I hope you guys hose Boston and all but he will not get you a first round pick ala cart.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I would be interested in Petry and Lehk.
Sandin*/Dermott/Kap/Kerfoot/Johnsson/2021 1st/Robertson* are assets we have to try and get it done.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
They do need to clean house, but Bergevin in my opinion is the way bigger problem. I would fire him sooner than later, let Timmins ride out the year, and then let him go after the season.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Habs should fire Bergevin before the trade deadline..............Then, let Timmins get some picks back for Petry/Tatar and Kovy.
The only thing that MB has been good at is making trades. Now you want to place that incompetent tool, TT, in charge of trades until the next GM? I think the last 8 years have given you shellshock.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The only thing that MB has been good at is making trades. Now you want to place that incompetent tool, TT, in charge of trades until the next GM? I think the last 8 years have given you shellshock.
I would rather Youppi making decisions on next year, than Bergevin...the insanity must stop. We are bleeding out with this clown.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Then you have nothing of value that you would be willing to part with to get those two.
And that's fine...i understand that from the Habs point. But as a Leafs fan, i am looking at the long game...1 more year of 32 year old Petry isn't worth coughing up those pieces. Leafs are not contending at all this year, so Petry isn't really a target.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Like a player for player deal ? As Tatar and Petry both have a year after this one.

On Montreal pretty much everyone is available except for Suzuki. Though, he's available in a package for

I was going to make a thread, but this is still going so.

Players/picks that are available, but would likely be components to a fairly big trade with the habs getting something really nice in return

On the habs
Nick Suzuki

On Laval
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Ryan Poehling
Cayden Primeau

Prospects
Cole Caufield
Alexander Romanov

Picks
2020 1st
2021 1st.

Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Drouin, Petry, etc are available for picks, prospects, young players.

Cap dumps in a trade for a good player, or just in general are welcome, but if your cap dump has 3, or more years and comes with a cap hit over 5, you better be prepared to pay.

Sending Alzner back reduces the payment, but not by much unless the contracts are pretty much equal. He's more than likely staying here...

Picks don't have to be 2020.

Also taking projects, but their value may differ, so might be hard to reach an agreement

Basically none of those players are available lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad