Speculation: Montreal is now clearly a seller

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Anything around Tatar for Harley?

Tatar becomes Dallas' leading scorer, and has great 2 way metrics. Signed for another year after this one.

Harley fits a positional need in the Habs prospect pool.

I know Dallas doesn't have a lot of picks other than their 1st this year, so I'd assume they want to keep it.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Any of Drouin, Domi, Tatar or Petry should get a ransom, though you never know with MB, he's unpredictable.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Tatar becomes Dallas' leading scorer, and has great 2 way metrics. Signed for another year after this one.

I know Dallas doesn't have a lot of picks other than their 1st this year, so I'd assume they want to keep it.
Habs pass.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I’m not impressed at all with his trading history - that doesn’t require obsessive hatred just a look at the current roster

So the roster would be better with Galchenyuk, Subban, Max Pacioretty and Dale Weise, and, of course, Lars Eller and get rid of Weber, Suzuki, Petry, Tatar, Domi and Danault? That version of the roster is better?

Brilliant.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
So the roster would be better with Galchenyuk, Subban, Max Pacioretty and Dale Weise, and, of course, Lars Eller and get rid of Weber, Suzuki, Petry, Tatar, Domi and Danault? That version of the roster is better?

Brilliant.

I was simply still not being impressed with Bergevins trade history sorry I don’t credit him as a great trading GM. Who does other than Bergevin Stans?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

They would have to include Robertson

Barilko

You are what you is
Jan 30, 2016
Shouldnt this thread actually read "Montreal Should Be A Seller...Clearly!

however with Bargainbin/Bozovin at the helm well.......

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
With today's trades, there is a market for the Habs. If they do well it could speed up the rebuild.

xNogaitx

Akuna Matata.
Sep 9, 2017
Edmonton
The dream. I know it won't happen but if it was all up to me:

Tatar @ full retention to Dallas for Harley and a 2nd.

Petry @ full retention to Tampa for Cal Foote & and 1st. Heck, add a conditional 2021 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he resigns, or a 1st in 2021 if they win the cup in either years (for the retention and the 2020 1st being late(.

Kovalchuk & Thomson to Washington for Arizona's 2020 3rd and Washington's 2021 2nd Rd pick.

And that maybe some packages of 4th & 5th rounders attached to Scandella & Weal to get more 3rd picks to move up in the draft (use those as move up chips).

TLDR: Have an upcoming pairing of Harley 6'3 - Foote 6'3 on defense.

Mete 5'9 - Weber 6'4
Harley 6'3 - Foote 6'3
Romanov 6'1 - Fleury 6'1

That's the kind of defense where you can afford to have 1 smaller guy on the back end.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
The dream. I know it won't happen but if it was all up to me:

Tatar @ full retention to Dallas for Harley and a 2nd.

Petry @ full retention to Tampa for Cal Foote & and 1st. Heck, add a conditional 2021 3rd that becomes a 2nd if he resigns, or a 1st in 2021 if they win the cup in either years (for the retention and the 2020 1st being late(.

Kovalchuk & Thomson to Washington for Arizona's 2020 3rd and Washington's 2021 2nd Rd pick.

And that maybe some packages of 4th & 5th rounders attached to Scandella & Weal to get more 3rd picks to move up in the draft (use those as move up chips).

TLDR: Have an upcoming pairing of Harley 6'3 - Foote 6'3 on defense.

Mete 5'9 - Weber 6'4
Harley 6'3 - Foote 6'3
Romanov 6'1 - Fleury 6'1

That's the kind of defense where you can afford to have 1 smaller guy on the back end.
Tatar would fetch Harley AND a first, Im not trading him for something less than top prospect and a 1st. Looking at the market right now seems like GM doesn’t value 1st round pick

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If he is so good at trades, and really that's all he does well, no way he should be a GM
That's the whole point with Bergevin. He'd be a fine Assistant GM, responsible for professional scouting, but he's proven incapable of maintaining a viable drafting and development system. I wouldn't mind him handling the contracts either.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

So you think Petry not only brings back Foote - who we previously refused to trade for either Karlsson or McDonagh - but potentially two 1sts in top of that?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That’s not a dream - that’s a delusional hallucination.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Hard to admit but Montreal is now a seller.

There will be trades but involving who?

Would love to play a guessing game and predict a trade.

The Leafs? Montreal could take cap for prospects or picks.

What you guys think?

tenor.png

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I wonder if Bergevin will even make a trade before the deadline that nets us a 1st or a very good prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->