Speculation: Montreal is now clearly a seller

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Like a player for player deal ? As Tatar and Petry both have a year after this one.

On Montreal pretty much everyone is available except for Suzuki. Though, he's available in a package for

I was going to make a thread, but this is still going so.

Players/picks that are available, but would likely be components to a fairly big trade with the habs getting something really nice in return

On the habs
Nick Suzuki

On Laval
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Ryan Poehling
Cayden Primeau

Prospects
Cole Caufield
Alexander Romanov

Picks
2020 1st
2021 1st.

Gallagher, Domi, Danault, Drouin, Petry, etc are available for picks, prospects, young players.

Cap dumps in a trade for a good player, or just in general are welcome, but if your cap dump has 3, or more years and comes with a cap hit over 5, you better be prepared to pay.

Sending Alzner back reduces the payment, but not by much unless the contracts are pretty much equal. He's more than likely staying here...

Picks don't have to be 2020.

Also taking projects, but their value may differ, so might be hard to reach an agreement

Half those players are NOT available.
Wow what a terrible, poorly thought out post.

Last edited:

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Well Weber's already back and probably playing tomorrow, so MB's still trying to make the playoffs lol

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He's undeniably made excellent trades for the team. If you think there's no way he should be allowed to make deadline trades you are simply ignoring the facts and being blinded by bias.
What has he done in 8 years that would make anyone, not want him gone..............he's so good at trades, the team has regressed? All the while they have one of the game's best goaltenders....The notion that he wins his trades, has produces ZERO results for the team.

I mean come on, the guy has to go...........why let him make decisions that impact another year??? Suckers for punishment...?

Reactions: zeeto

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What has he done in 8 years that would make anyone, not want him gone..............he's so good at trades, the team has regressed? All the while they have one of the game's best goaltenders....The notion that he wins his trades, has produces ZERO results for the team.

I mean come on, the guy has to go...........why let him make decisions that impact another year??? Suckers for punishment...?

Uh... because the decisions would be trades and he has a great track record with trades?

This shouldn't be a confusing premise for you.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Uh... because the decisions would be trades and he has a great track record with trades?

This shouldn't be a confusing premise for you.
That great track record with trades, has produced ZERO results, shouldn't be too confusing a premise to you, should it?

I mean WTF.........................seriously....wow.

Reactions: zeeto

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
That great track record with trades, has produced ZERO results, shouldn't be too confusing a premise to you, should it?

I mean WTF.........................seriously....wow.

and just look at the group he has assembled in winning every trade lols not like our roster is tiny and has holes all over it - i tend to think that anything could happen if we make the playoffs and the answer is in the room

his track record with trades isnt good - i guess its the last desperate gasp from people who still support him

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Basically none of those players are available lol

Half those players are NOT available.
Wow what a terrible, poorly thought out post.

Reading comprehension isn't very strong, is it ?

I said as part of a big trade, you know, if Buffalo comes and says, hey Eichel might be available. NOTHING IS OFF THE TABLE FOR THAT.

But never mind that, take an actual look at those pieces aside from Suzuki and our 1st in 2020. There's nothing to really write home about at this point.

Primeau's numbers aren't very good, but Laval sucks.

Poehling has low number of points.

KK is now at a ppg and will likely drop below a ppg player.

But yes, let's tell everyone our pieces that have value and are losing it fast aren't available.

Give your heads a shake.

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
The only thing that MB has been good at is making trades. Now you want to place that incompetent tool, TT, in charge of trades until the next GM? I think the last 8 years have given you shellshock.

can you walk me thru the logic of Sergachev for Drouin being a good trade?

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Where did I say that was a good trade? In fact I was one of the few on this site that ripped on that trade when it went down. Overall his trading record is very good. Even Sam Pollock made some bad trades.

i just see the roster he creates with his 'very good trading record' and disagree about his trading record being very good

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That's because you're looking at his record as a GM. Why don't you list his trades and look at his trading record.

And this is coming from someone who wants him out.
MB has made a few good trades, but in his 8 year tenure, he made 79 trades............yup 79 and most of them were nothing trades.

If he is so good at trades, and really that's all he does well, no way he should be a GM, he should be in charge of pro-scouting....would make alot more sense...........as a GM he is in, way over his head.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
MB has made a few good trades, but in his 8 year tenure, he made 79 trades............yup 79 and most of them were nothing trades.

If he is so good at trades, and really that's all he does well, no way he should be a GM, he should be in charge of pro-scouting....would make alot more sense...........as a GM he is in, way over his head.
You're getting no argument from me on that point.

Reactions: BLONG7

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
and just look at the group he has assembled in winning every trade lols not like our roster is tiny and has holes all over it - i tend to think that anything could happen if we make the playoffs and the answer is in the room

his track record with trades isnt good - i guess its the last desperate gasp from people who still support him

Lol some people are so obsessed with hating him they can't think logically

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I’m not impressed at all with his trading history - that doesn’t require obsessive hatred just a look at the current roster

Not all results of his trades are on his current roster, and you don't build a roster entirely through trading.

Same reason why teams can be good at drafting and still have a bad team. You need both, not just one.

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Not all results of his trades are on his current roster, and you don't build a roster entirely through trading.

Same reason why teams can be good at drafting and still have a bad team. You need both, not just one.

Again I’m just not impressed with his trade history we’re bad at trades, drafting and development

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Again I’m just not impressed with his trade history we’re bad at trades, drafting and development
He has actually done a decent job jut it's the mentality. They need to embrace to re build. I think her could be the guy but they have to accept it first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad