Speculation: Montreal is now clearly a seller

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Why? In the last 3 years he won most of his deals by far

You guys keep forcing yourself to not see the bigger picture when calling Bergevin now a great trading GM. I see his trades in a larger roster building exercise context not just on a very limited transaction evaluation. Thru all these winning trades what is the end roster product - it’s bad.

I don’t know if you remember but before this latest he’s a great trader fad the word was he was a great scout (just before signing Alzner lols)

How do we win that Sergachev trade - Bergevin trades LHD for wingers...to play centre...before then grudgingly playing them on the wing again. This is the kind of winning trade and embarrassing hockey assumptions that should get Bergevin fired.

Seriously you give him major credit for getting a ok return for Pacioretty really?

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
You guys keep forcing yourself to not see the bigger picture when calling Bergevin now a great trading GM. I see his trades in a larger roster building exercise not just on a very limited transaction - thru all these winning trades what is the end roster product - it’s bad.

I don’t know if you remember but before this latest he’s a great trader fad the word was he was a great scout (just before signing Alzner lols)

How do we win that Sergachev trade?

Seriously you give him major credit for getting a ok return for Pacioretty really?

That's the only trade you keep bringing up because he won all his other major trades.

How is the return for Pacioretty just "okay"? Tatar is a 1st-line forward, Suzuki will get over 40, possibly even 50 points as a rookie and finish top-5 in Calder voting, and the 2nd round pick turned into Norlinder (made Sweden's team at the WJC) and Leguerrier (Probably won't be much, but you never know)

All of that is just "okay"?

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
That's the only trade you keep bringing up because he won all his other major trades.

How is the return for Pacioretty just "okay"? Tatar is a 1st-line forward, Suzuki will get over 40, possibly even 50 points as a rookie and finish top-5 in Calder voting, and the 2nd round pick turned into Norlinder (made Sweden's team at the WJC) and Leguerrier (Probably won't be much, but you never know)

All of that is just "okay"?

I’ll go a step further from just ok and rank it ....meh

Guy sells a 30+ scorer and gets an ok return big deal doesn’t make him a great trading GM

He won all his other major trades well let’s just agree to disagree on that without boring the other non Habs fans

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Guy sells a 30+ scorer and gets an ok return big deal doesn’t make him a great trading GM

He won all his other major trades well let’s just agree to disagree on that without boring the other non Habs fans

Lol come on, I don't even understand what you'd consider a "good" trade let alone a great one if the Pacioretty return was just meh.

He's easily one of the best trading GMs in the league, saying otherwise is just plain blind bias.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
So you think Petry not only brings back Foote - who we previously refused to trade for either Karlsson or McDonagh - but potentially two 1sts in top of that?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That’s not a dream - that’s a delusional hallucination.

To be fair you guys just gave an equally good prospect and a better first round pick for a career third line winger

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Lol come on, I don't even understand what you'd consider a "good" trade let alone a great one if the Pacioretty return was just meh.

He's easily one of the best trading GMs in the league, saying otherwise is just plain blind bias.

It's nice that people can disagree - i don’t find Bergevin tops in any GM rankings for anything. You would think a guy on such a trade winning streak would have a more coherent roster as a result.

The greatness has moved from him being a great scout to now being a great trader I’ve noticed.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's nice that people can disagree - i don’t find Bergevin tops in any GM rankings for anything. You would think a guy on such a trade winning streak would have a more coherent roster as a result.

The greatness has moved from him being a great scout to now being a great trader I’ve noticed.
The man has made 79 trades..............if he was so good at them, the Habs would have 2 Cups by now, instead they regress and can't make the playoffs.

There have been a couple of good trades, made by the clown, but they have had ZERO results, so I just don't get it folks. It seems to me that MB would be perfect as a pro-scout, and that's it...the GM aspect of building a winning team is WAY over his head. The proof is in the RESULTS, where there have been NONE.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
My latest and greatest proposals.....

Mtl-Col

Price + 3rd rd pick for Grubauer + Byram + Newhook + 1st 2020

Mtl-Vegas

Petry (30 percent retained) for Nicolas Hague + 1st 2020

Mtl-Edm

Tatar for Pulju + Samurokov + 1st 2021

Mtl - NYI

Kovalchuk for 2nd 2021

This is the sell off the Habs need to do!

Add Byram, Hague and Samurokov to our defensive prospects.

Add Newhook and Pulju to forward prospects.

Have 3 first round picks this year and 2 next year

Last edited:

didimentionlarseller

Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
The man has made 79 trades..............if he was so good at them, the Habs would have 2 Cups by now, instead they regress and can't make the playoffs.

There have been a couple of good trades, made by the clown, but they have had ZERO results, so I just don't get it folks. It seems to me that MB would be perfect as a pro-scout, and that's it...the GM aspect of building a winning team is WAY over his head. The proof is in the RESULTS, where there have been NONE.

He’s like what maybe 10/79 and these guys want to give him a lifetime achievement award for being horrible

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Just An ok return.:lol:
Tatar Suzuki and a 2nd= meh.:laugh::lol:

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018

Mtl-Col

Mtl-Vegas

Mtl-Edm

Mtl - NYI

Kovalchuk for 2nd 2021

You just wanted a lot of time typing this proposal out. Zero are close to happening.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Not here to bash, just outside observation (mtl fans are way more critical than me of their own team). The habs seem to lack a cohesion and team identity when they play. On paper it's not a bad team, not a contender but playoff worthy at least. A goalie that hasn't quite played like he's capable of, young players without the proper veteran support scoring (and leadership in the forward corps), decent to good depth on d but it's of th 5-6-7 variety, but most of all they seem like a different team on a night to night basis. Almost like they try to play both a shutdown and counterattack style while in the same game try and play a heavy cycle. The problem is in mtls coaching imho. If bergevin put someone like gallant at the helm this team would have the capable peices to be a strong team.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Not here to bash, just outside observation (mtl fans are way more critical than me of their own team). The habs seem to lack a cohesion and team identity when they play. On paper it's not a bad team, not a contender but playoff worthy at least. A goalie that hasn't quite played like he's capable of, young players without the proper veteran support scoring (and leadership in the forward corps), decent to good depth on d but it's of th 5-6-7 variety, but most of all they seem like a different team on a night to night basis. Almost like they try to play both a shutdown and counterattack style while in the same game try and play a heavy cycle. The problem is in mtls coaching imho. If bergevin put someone like gallant at the helm this team would have the capable peices to be a strong team.
Compete lack of first line forwards

nshlphoenix

Feb 11, 2020

Mtl-Col

Mtl-Vegas

Mtl-Edm

Mtl - NYI

Kovalchuk for 2nd 2021

Colorado doesn’t want Price... just stop. You’re stuck with that contract.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

He is good trader but terrible drafter. Killing the team not getting nothing out of first round. That and Montreal poor choice for top free agents. He empty on 2 avenues to acquire talent. Good at trading is not enough to keep team afloat.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Anything around Tatar for Harley?

Tatar becomes Dallas' leading scorer, and has great 2 way metrics. Signed for another year after this one.

Harley fits a positional need in the Habs prospect pool.

I know Dallas doesn't have a lot of picks other than their 1st this year, so I'd assume they want to keep it.
Montreal should fetch big return on Tatar. They also in position to retain 50% on him.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
So you think Petry not only brings back Foote - who we previously refused to trade for either Karlsson or McDonagh - but potentially two 1sts in top of that?:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That’s not a dream - that’s a delusional hallucination.

Weren't you embarassed enough this week ? You're back at it again ?

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad