OT: Montreal Impact Thread: 2021 2012 1992 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I hope there's enough negative feedback that they abandon this idea. Like someone mentioned it looks like a logo for a ski hill. It's so bland. Not to mention all the negative connotations of snowflakes and foot club. It's like they were completely oblivious to all that.

Also, who's idea was it to have a winter logo for a sport played primarily in the summer? None of it makes sense.

Last edited:

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Still makes no sense.

Justin Kingsley will be at Jic tonight, hopefully he answers some of those questions.
Yeah, the logic only really holds weight if you think the team needed a rebrand in the first place.

I’m on the fence with whether it was necessary or not, but I want them to succeed though. I want the team to be one that has casual appeal and can make the sport “cool” in the city because I love the team and want them to have the wide reach and success , and not be relegated to a niche local product.

The Impact couldn’t transform the strong, loyal following to a broader reach. Will CFM? Maybe, maybe not, but I hope they can, despite what I might personally think about the logo, branding etc. At the end of the day it’s just colours and shapes. If it works, it works.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
But is there even a team in France that uses Club de Foot? It’s just odd. It would have been easier to just go with Club de Football.
Grenoble and Clermont use "Foot" in their names, but nobody uses "Club de Foot", at least at the professional levels. French clubs typically use "Football Club", "Sporting Club" or "Athletic Club" in their names. "Club de Foot" is clearly meant to copy the Canadiens more than it is meant to resemble French club names.

If they wanted to reference French club names they could have gone for "Union/Club Sportive", "Racing Club", "Stade" or a good old-fashioned "Olympique".

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Grenoble and Clermont use "Foot" in their names, but nobody uses "Club de Foot", at least at the professional levels. French clubs typically use "Football Club", "Sporting Club" or "Athletic Club" in their names. "Club de Foot" is clearly meant to copy the Canadiens more than it is meant to resemble French club names.

If they wanted to reference French club names they could have gone for "Union/Club Sportive", "Racing Club", "Stade" or a good old-fashioned "Olympique".

Olympique would have been my choice personally.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
I guess unpopular but I like most of this. New logo is more modern, better colours, merch looks nicer, and at least the new name is timeless. Like most I would have preferred "football" over just "foot", but meh.

At least now it's official and we can go back to wanting Urruti to leave.

that logo looks like Expo 67 logo to me. given that a lot of people in this Prov are stuck in the 70s, we can call it modern. :sarcasm:

Reactions: ArtPeur and DoyleG

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Well, if he STILL has interest in the team, I would invite him to look at social media. They are getting absolutely KILLED by most of the fan base.

He likely knew that before the change. His actions pretty much continue how he's operated the team from its A-League days.

Of course, he has the Bologna of his dreams now. Montreal is small change.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He likely knew that before the change. His actions pretty much continue how he's operated the team from its A-League days.

Of course, he has the Bologna of his dreams now. Montreal is small change.

So true. Joey never gave a shit about the fans. He regularly picked fights with the Ultras. It is his toy and all he cares about is how he feels about the club.

Reactions: TRG

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I hate influencers.

I am not even 35 yet and I am already the bitter old man :laugh:

How can anyone care about these useless people (the influencers)?
Influenceurs are smart though.

I always found it ridiculous until I realized how much money they make just making 'trendy' video.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

I always found it ridiculous until I realized how much money they make just making 'trendy' video.

Hey, good for them if they make money.

I just find the whole concept incredibly dumb.

I mean, these people are nothing outside of being "influencers". I guess celebrity spokepeople are the same principle... but at least they have a following for something else then being... pretty?

I know marketing d'influence is more complicated than that, but I am bitching about the no-good bimbos who travel and take IG pictures with products.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Doesn't matter if they're smart. The day we stop going after what's trending or following people we will be so much ahead. I for one never follow ANYONE. Think for yourself. If the FO would've done it they wouldn't have killed the team today. Because Montreal Impact is dead.

And those who say I don't care about the name . Here is what you're missing...

the problem is They didn't consult anybody not even an ultra who have been loyal to this shit team since 2002. Nobody, they kept it under wraps. It's not Saputos team anymore. It's the ppls team because without the people his team means nothing.

That's a total disrespect and entitlement and they are in for a huge awakening. I hope they all boycott imfc all year and watch illegal streams while wearing the old gear.

Campoozmstnz

May 27, 2013
I can't grasp the direction team looking at all the negative feedback (I would say more than 90%) on social media and high fiving themselves saying "great job guys"!

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Doesn't matter if they're smart. The day we stop going after what's trending or following people we will be so much ahead. I for one never follow ANYONE. Think for yourself. If the FO would've done it they wouldn't have killed the team today. Because Montreal Impact is dead.

And those who say I don't care about the name . Here is what you're missing...

the problem is They didn't consult anybody not even an ultra who have been loyal to this shit team since 2002. Nobody, they kept it under wraps. It's not Saputos team anymore. It's the ppls team because without the people his team means nothing.

That's a total disrespect and entitlement and they are in for a huge awakening. I hope they all boycott imfc all year and watch illegal streams while wearing the old gear.

TLDR: Faîtes-vos recherches.

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
Let's say Molson rebranded the Habs and changed its name and logo. It would suck A LOT, and people would be pissed, but at the end of the day, I would still watch the games and follow the team.

As much as this rebranding sucks, we'll get used to it.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Gilmore and Kingsley strikes again...

Folks, remember .. .Le Club du Hockey...

It was those 2...

And the idea at first was to have that slogan forever......

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Let's say Molson rebranded the Habs and changed its name and logo. It would suck A LOT, and people would be pissed, but at the end of the day, I would still watch the games and follow the team.

As much as this rebranding sucks, we'll get used to it.
I mean, the anger from the Impact hardcore side comes from an emotional response. We follow this team day in and out so a rebrand to appease "the casuals" feels like a slap in the face to those that are there every day. The immediate response would always be bad because it's from the people that already care enough to tune in.

We'd have to wait and see how the actual casuals react to this. It'll take some time but at least with 2021 being almost a write-off in terms of attendance the team can get the word, get new materials out and try to make the team more "sexy" for 2022 and see what the perception of the team is then.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad