OT: Montreal Impact Thread: 2021 2012 1992 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I mean, the anger from the Impact hardcore side comes from an emotional response. We follow this team day in and out so a rebrand to appease "the casuals" feels like a slap in the face to those that are there every day. The immediate response would always be bad because it's from the people that already care enough to tune in.

We'd have to wait and see how the actual casuals react to this. It'll take some time but at least with 2021 being almost a write-off in terms of attendance the team can get the word, get new materials out and try to make the team more "sexy" for 2022 and see what the perception of the team is then.

That's the problem, they try to appeal to casuals who don't give two shits whether the team is called Montreal butthole or Montreal Fuzion, they'll hop on the bandwagon whenever there's an elite player in the squad. They aren't the ones that will buy their gears. That tells me two things

1. They disrespect followers/hardcore fans
2. They take all of them for granted.

It's not even the name or logo at this point, it's about respect. As I said, they are in for a HUGE awakening. Plenty of leagues in Europe to watch and a CPL team around here is coming soon.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Les Snowflakes de Montréal :laugh:

Does that mean we're gonna have a lot of whining after defeats?

Seriously though I actually like the logo, pretty creative. Also I once imagined a few snowflakes for the Nordiques jerseys to replace the fleur-de-lys.

As for the name, I had to admit "Impact" may have been the blandest name in history. I would have brought back the "Manix". About the new name Club de Foot, it is what it is. lol

But at the end of the day. you can rebrand as much as you want, but make sure you win games

Last edited:
Reactions: QuebecPride

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Les Snowflakes de Montréal :laugh:

Does that mean we're gonna have a lot of whining after defeats?

Seriously though I actually like the logo, pretty creative. Also I once imagined a few snowflakes for the Nordiques jerseys to replace the fleur-de-lys.
I find the snowflake a bit odd, but when I looked at the merch (particularly on the caps) it actually comes off very snowflake-y. It’s pretty nice in that regard.

excited to see the jerseys. If the silver-grey is a bit shinier like on the promo of the logo shown today it can look really nice on black and much less flat/dull.

Reactions: Kimota

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
It’s done now... wtv. I like CF Montreal. I like the colour scheme and honestly, the gear is pretty cool. The logo is cool when it’s small. Those sweaters and tees with the giant logo make me cringe, which can’t be be a good sign

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I found the solution. New team should have been:

bigfoot-logo-template_26536-10.jpg

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Jeremy Filosa really nailed it at 98.5FM, gotta give him credit for that commentary.

L'Impact devient le Club de foot Montréal, nouveau nom, nouvelle image. - 98.5 FM

tldr;
-Too much symbolism talk, even the old logo had all kinds of references and history behind it
-So if it's not better looking than the last one, why change it?
-KG said nothing has been done yet for the heating of the stadium for winter matches, yet they promote the winter aspect.
-They need to do concrete actions, the product on the pitch is what counts or else the change will never pass well.

Last edited:

boboche

Oct 11, 2017
Los Altos, CA
RIP IMFC

To me this is like a new team, and I really dislike the name, the logo, and the sacrebleu. it's insulting how bad all this is.

I live near San Jose, I guess I'll follow the Quakes now.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Club de Foot... what a boring, unoriginal, uninspiring name. With all the possible puns and the logo, this team will be the butt of many jokes.
Impact was a great name with it's double meaning and as far as I know, pretty original and with a nice logo.
But no matter the name or logo, if they don't win on the field, they won't get respect nor attract star players.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Snowflakes or Club Foot. Pick your choice of nicknames. Snowflakes is bad but not as bad as claiming a soccer player has a club foot. I liked Impact. It was bilingual, fairly original and had a double meaning. I also liked the logo.

There's nothing I like about this change. Nothing.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad